Still waiting for my asylum decision

CWH

Hi Freedom,

I have been waiting for two years now after interview, for a decision. Mine is Chicago Asylum Office. What do they say when you inquire about the reason? To me, they first sent a letter saying that my case is in immigration court. When I went in person to the office and asked for explanation, they said it was a mistake, and my case is still pending!!
i just had my interview today (05/01/18) at the chicago asylum office, too. i was informed that i would be able to pick up the decision on 05/14/18 but i kinda know that i would have to wait longer than the scheduled date, but i never thought it would be like 2 years long. i hope you get your decision soon.

i just had my interview today (05/01/18) at the chicago asylum office, too. i was informed that i would be able to pick up the decision on 05/14/18 but i kinda know that i would have to wait longer than the scheduled date, but i never thought it would be like 2 years long. i hope you get your decision soon.
I understand waiting times since Feb 18 are shorter. My interview was 04/26/18 at the Chicago Asylum Office. I should be hearing from them soon. I will keep you posted.

Hi all , hope you have some positive news. I’m still waiting. Every time I check the Asylum office replays that my desision is waiting a background check. I wrote to the Ombudsman last November , and I have not got a response yet.
Thanks
How did you check? by mail?
Thanks

Iciw

Hi PAitent1 hope you are doing well , did you get your decision? My father also received email from Arlington AO that his case is pending a final decision.
Hi, all, please guide me. My attorney is afraid of contacting the office as he says political situation is not good. Mine is Arlington office, interiwed September 2017

HEY Y'ALL GOOD AFTERNOON!
I APPLIED FOR ASYLUM AND RECEIVED THE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RECEIPT ON APRIL 23, 2018
HAD MY INTERVIEW ON JUNE 4, 2018. I AM WAITING FOR A DECISION.
WHEN I HAD MY INTERVIEW THE OFFICER WAS VERY FRIENDLY, I HAD MY INTERPRETER BUT HE MADE ME HAVE THE INTERVIEW IN ENGLISH SAYING THAT MY ENGLISH IS FLUENT I'M BETTER THAN SOME INTERPRETER THAT HE USED TO HAVE HERE. AT THE END HE TOLD ME YOU DID GOOD, YOU SEE YOU DIDN'T EVEN NEED AN INTERPRETER. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THAT?
THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING

I WILL YOU POSTED

HEY Y'ALL GOOD AFTERNOON!
I APPLIED FOR ASYLUM AND RECEIVED THE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RECEIPT ON APRIL 23, 2018
HAD MY INTERVIEW ON JUNE 4, 2018. I AM WAITING FOR A DECISION.
WHEN I HAD MY INTERVIEW THE OFFICER WAS VERY FRIENDLY, I HAD MY INTERPRETER BUT HE MADE ME HAVE THE INTERVIEW IN ENGLISH SAYING THAT MY ENGLISH IS FLUENT I'M BETTER THAN SOME INTERPRETER THAT HE USED TO HAVE HERE. AT THE END HE TOLD ME YOU DID GOOD, YOU SEE YOU DIDN'T EVEN NEED AN INTERPRETER. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THAT?
THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING

I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED