• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

STATE.gov sending email with your confirmatiopn number, check your junk mail

I saw a snapshot of thoses emails & it doesn't says "winner", just "qualify entry that will be included in the lottery"... My entry was selected so I still can win, in my case, iut's maybe just that I entered my university email adress which is not in use no more
the thing is that during that period, I was only using my university email adress because the msn one had too many spam so I didn't want to deleted any possiblee KCC email... & now this adress is not in use anymore
Are you certain that you used the university e-mail?

When did you apply and did you make sure the email address was ok?
All over. I figured that if I spread my entries, I would stand a better chance of having a win. However, Lo, and behold, I had 3 entries on the 5th Oct, and two of them got selected. Now I have none, Zero, Zilch, and getting depressed by the minute. I wish I never checked on May 1st. :(

From 20 family entries I submitted, not a single email so far :( I had 2 winners on the nullified one :( Those should be valid entries, I think.

Yours depressedly,
Sam

Hey, The day still doesnt finish....dont lost the hope!

I think the reason someone's not getting this notification is the wrong email address given in the application.

I have a bad feeling about not receiving the e-mail by now. Someone from Oceania reported receiving the e-mail, which means that they have passed my region, if they are sending in alphabetical order.

almost 100% sure
I remember at that time, for all important things i was using my university email because there were too many spam in my hotmail adress & I didn't wanted to delete an important message by mistake.
Are you certain that you used the university e-mail?

14.7 millions emails... it doesn't take a week... they have to create a webpage for each & single ones... a huge task to create 14.7 web pages
I have a bad feeling about not receiving the e-mail by now. Someone from Oceania reported receiving the e-mail, which means that they have passed my region, if they are sending in alphabetical order.

My only consolation is that I am certain that in the majority of my entries, I didn't put an email address since it was optional :(

14.7 millions emails... it doesn't take a week... they have to create a webpage for each & single ones... a huge task to create 14.7 web pages
Agreed, however, 14.7 are not QUALIFIED. If persons are reporting receiving an e-mail each day, then your comment maybe the case.

No, its just a script (Perl, Java, Javascript, etc) that generates the webpage. Same script with only 1 variable, your confirmation number, and the rest is the same for everyone. An email server can easily handle that many emails in a day.

But how did you receive the confirmation number?

I got it at the time of the original entry. It was displayed on the screeen, I delcted it, and copied it (Ctrl-C) and pased in in an excel file (Ctrl-V), and bingo, I still have the file.

bahama boy:

are u from the North America " The Bahamas" region? if so pls say if you get this email as i am from this same region as well, and have not seen anything yet. thanks

bahama boy:

are u from the North America " The Bahamas" region? if so pls say if you get this email as i am from this same region as well, and have not seen anything yet. thanks
I am from the Bahamas too and have not yet received the e-mail...Were you selected in the 1st round?

@win dv

no i was not selected in 1st round, hopefully this email being sent from the KCC is legit, because i threw away my CN after checking on May 1

@win dv

no i was not selected in 1st round, hopefully this email being sent from the KCC is legit, because i threw away my CN after checking on May 1
Noted. I saved my number. However, I believe that the e-mail is ligit because more than one person reported receiving it....They noted that the e-mail referred to them as a "qualified entrant"....

Last edited by a moderator:
At least someone understands how simple it is for them to send the 14.7 Million emails with different confirmation numbers. I was trying to compose something in Lehman's terms so that people would understand. At least I see that Samusoni you have programming knowledge. It becomes difficult to express it in Lehman's terms sometimes . . .you have to explain what a variable is . . .etc. But I think you made it simple . . .
No, its just a script (Perl, Java, Javascript, etc) that generates the webpage. Same script with only 1 variable, your confirmation number, and the rest is the same for everyone. An email server can easily handle that many emails in a day.