• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

STATE.gov sending email with your confirmatiopn number, check your junk mail

I just learned that a small mistake can disqualify you like the same picture than last year, & according to this forum, many first timer are getting selected... Is there a link to see tha disqualify ratio?

Thanks

Where did you learn that from?

in a old thread i think in april some were saying that lot of first timer were being selected, at least more first timer than old timer... & today in another thread I learned that using the same picture as last year disqualify you...
Where did you learn that from?
By the way, I still didn't recieve the email... but I was a former selected so I guess my entry is valid because the only positive thing for thoses 22k is that they all know that their entries were valid

I am wondering why do they have to send confirmation numbers to everyone? I mean this is a lot of work to do. They could just send confirmation numbers to those who win... Less work, same result. In this way maybe the results could be released sooner.
Also, I was thinking that do they send conf. numbers to all? Including the duplicate applicants? Or only to these who have at least a chance to win? I mean to people after the elimination of any duplicate application, correct photo etc... Any idea guys?

Actually why didn't they informed about the sending of cn on their website or something like that? Is it really not a scam? Even though it might be from state.gov you are never sure :)

I spoke too soon. Maybe they are sending out confirmation numbers based on the date you submitted your application. My husband just got his email now. He applied a few days after me. So my theory was wrong. They're obviously sending confirmation numbers out to anyone who supplied an email address. That's very nice of them.

They are sending confirmation numbers to all (current winners or loosers) that have valid emails.
And of course who passed the initial validation screening.
Like, if you do not have a last name, you don't get an email etc.

I think they are sending the email to everyone (current winners or loosers) to say that:
"Guys, the first selection is really over! Forget it if you won! Move on"

Physcologically they are making everyone move one step ahead in the thought process. Stop thinking of what should have been and should be done. Rather start thinking towards the new selection etc. So, implicitely, follow their process.

I would have expected that, once declared by the USA, the “winners” would have been supported and kept in the “review for a greencard” process.
I personally believe that supporting the process for the declared “winners” and choosing a second batch of winners would have been the correct move.
Proceeding this way would be more suiting of the USA as we imagine the USA to be. Standing behind their word even if it could cost.

This Fake Emails
KCC not releasing or sending any email to winners unless you request information ,, so be aware of this spammers whom sending to obtain your case #

Thank you
this is not a span the domain is .org and they also send me my correct confirmation number.sooner or letter every dv 2012 applicant will receive it

in a old thread i think in april some were saying that lot of first timer were being selected, at least more first timer than old timer... & today in another thread I learned that using the same picture as last year disqualify you...

By the way, I still didn't recieve the email... but I was a former selected so I guess my entry is valid because the only positive thing for thoses 22k is that they all know that their entries were valid

K, thanks.
All the best, hope you win again

I just received mine and I was a former winner... happy to know that there is a way to get my money back ($ 440)

I do not even know wich email adress I used... I got my university email adress at the time I entered the lottery but got erased since then... I do not know if i entered my university email or my msn email
I think the key point in thier email is that it say......"You submitted a qualified entry......"

I think they are sending the email ONLY to those whose entries were NOT rejected outright initially for the random drawing.
As you know a heck of a lot entries are rejected outright, photo errors, obvious multiple entries, trying to trick with multiples by deliberate spellings and or b'day errors etc etc.....

So the number of emails would be way way less than 14.7 million !!

ALSO REMEMBER, you will get this email ONLY IF you gave a VALID (no spelling mistakes etc.) email address in your eDV form, and that address is still valid with your service provider.
Make sure you check junk/spam folders. If you have setup the email a/c to delete spam/junk as soon as they come, then you MAY not ever get this. Dbl chk those aspects.

Best !

I applied october 5th & still not recieve it but forgot which email i gave since at the time I had 2 emails & was heavily using my university email since in the msn one i got too much spams... & the universty email is not valid anymore..
I spoke too soon. Maybe they are sending out confirmation numbers based on the date you submitted your application. My husband just got his email now. He applied a few days after me. So my theory was wrong. They're obviously sending confirmation numbers out to anyone who supplied an email address. That's very nice of them.

I just received mine and I was a former winner... happy to know that there is a way to get my money back ($ 440)

That's a sign of arrogance from the KCC, like we won't do nothing, for the 440$, ask your bank for a refund not us... that'ss kind of rude if you ask me

Emailed KCC about this two days ago. No reply. Requesting MO status from USPS today.

This was part of the email they sent me, try to follow the direction:

Q: I thought I was selected. I am in the United State and contacted US Citizenship and Immigration Services about adjustment of status. What should I do now?

* USCIS will not process any adjustment of status cases based on the voided DV selection process. If you already paid the $440 DV fee to the USBank lockbox based on your belief that you had been selected, you may request a refund from KCC through the following mailing address:

Kentucky Consular Center
3505 Highway 25-W North
Williamsburg, Kentucky 40769

I just learned that a small mistake can disqualify you like the same picture than last year, & according to this forum, many first timer are getting selected... Is there a link to see tha disqualify ratio?

Thanks

I got the email as well...heck I used last year's photo but as per email I submitted a qualified entry.

Are they sending this e-mail to ALL appplicants or only QUALIFIED ENTRANTS as I haven't gotten any e-mail?

Well, we're just going to have to be patient! We have to understand that there were 14.7 Million applications. I'm sure that they're going to send the email with the link to everybody because what they're doing is send a link to your email address with a link that gives you only your confirmation number. I'm sure that they're sending the emails in batches and it could take them a few days. They're doing us a huge favor to be doing this because of their efficiency and kind heartedness for all of us. Americans try to be fair and just and therefore they will give each and every applicant equal opportunities.
Yup, they maybe sending them by region per day. However, if we don't receive an e-mail, I guess it means that our entry is not qualified...

I am wondering if those who did not check their Entry Status before the results were voided will receive this e-mail, too. If anyone can shed some light.