• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

STATE.gov sending email with your confirmatiopn number, check your junk mail

I also have received it. Im from south america

I think this e-mail was sending to everybody.

Best wishes for all

Hi,

I've received mine just a few minutes ago, and my wife too. We're moroccan, with Spanish permanent resident permits, and applied on the 26Th of October. Can I assume that our entry is valid then? (We were concerned about the picture).

Thanks.

Hi,

I've received mine just a few minutes ago, and my wife too. We're moroccan, with Spanish permanent resident permits, and applied on the 26Th of October. Can I assume that our entry is valid then? (We were concerned about the picture).

Thanks.

Good for you. Still waiting on mine, hope it comes and hope I win.

Reading the email we've gotten, the most funny point I found is the following one:

Q: You said the Department of State would not contact DV entrants by e-mail. Why are you sending this one now?

Because of the computer error, we decided it was important to notify every person who might have seen incorrect information on the website. An e-mail was the fastest way to reach DV entrants.
Winners in the new selection process will not be notified by e-mail. The results of the new selection process will only be available on the Entrant Status Check website (http://www.dvlottery.state.gov) on or about July 15, 2011.

So why they don't do the same with the winners? I don't see the point.

I do not get.. still haven't recieved it but on may 1st, I was a "selected" so my entry is valid... the only explanation I see is that when I applied, I entered my university email adress which doesn't exist now... It was either this one or the msn one but haven't recieve anything on the msn one

Can someone call KCC to confirm if they are sending an e-mail to ALL entrants or just QUALIFIED entrants? Thanks

I do not get.. still haven't recieved it but on may 1st, I was a "selected" so my entry is valid... the only explanation I see is that when I applied, I entered my university email adress which doesn't exist now... It was either this one or the msn one but haven't recieve anything on the msn one

I am beginning to suspect that those receiving these emails are the "new" selectees.

I am beginning to suspect that those receiving these emails are the "new" selectees.

I don't see what is your basis to think this... two people were not winners a week ago, and now suddenly both are selectees??? What I really think is that the ones receiving the emails have a big chance of being qualified entrants... but we still need to wait to be 100% sure for this. We need someone to call to KCC to confirm, as win dv asked above.

MY daughter (24 y) received the confirmation no today. Anyway I have saved the number even though she hadn't be selected form the first selection.

I saw a snapshot of thoses emails & it doesn't says "winner", just "qualify entry that will be included in the lottery"... My entry was selected so I still can win, in my case, iut's maybe just that I entered my university email adress which is not in use no more
the thing is that during that period, I was only using my university email adress because the msn one had too many spam so I didn't want to deleted any possiblee KCC email... & now this adress is not in use anymore

I was a winner this year and received the e-mail. My husband, on the other hand, is still waiting. He never logged in to check if he had been selected for further processing. Will keep you posted.

I don't see what is your basis to think this... two people were not winners a week ago, and now suddenly both are selectees??? What I really think is that the ones receiving the emails have a big chance of being qualified entrants... but we still need to wait to be 100% sure for this. We need someone to call to KCC to confirm, as win dv asked above.
My nineteenth sense is just telling me so :( What would the logic of sending confirmation numbers be? They want to make sure you stay interested and when the time comes, they are sure that those they selected indeed have their confirmation numbers.

My depressed 2 cents :(

My nineteenth sense is just telling me so :( What would the logic of sending confirmation numbers be? They want to make sure you stay interested and when the time comes, they are sure that those they selected indeed have their confirmation numbers.

Well, don't you think that by sending these emails they may wanted to warn to those that have been selected to stop any further plans? such selling their houses, quitting their jobs, etc..

I'm starting to think that probably these emails are a kind of "stop the presses!!!" for the former winners, and .. "we're still rolling up!" for the former lossers...

Perhaps they are reducing administrative work by sending the e-mail to QUALIFIED ENTRANTS ONLY. If this is true, see you guys at DV-2013!!!

By the way, thank you KCC for alerting me in advance of our 'loss' (again)

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps they are reducing administrative work by sending the e-mail to QUALIFIED ENTRANTS ONLY. If this is true, see you guys at DV-2013!!!
From 20 family entries I submitted, not a single email so far :( I had 2 winners on the nullified one :( Those should be valid entries, I think.

Yours depressedly,
Sam

From 20 family entries I submitted, not a single email so far :( I had 2 winners on the nullified one :( Those should be valid entries, I think.

Yours depressedly,
Sam

When did you apply and did you make sure the email address was ok?

don't you think the winning ratio is just too big in this forum...? ME i can't tell since I used my old email who is not in use anymore....

By the way, thank you KCC for alerting me in advance of our 'loss' (again)

Guys, the only thing I can say is that the email must be real (no fake). The reason is that when I clicked on the link they provide in it, I was directly forwarded to the DV program web site where my confirmation number was shown...