• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

STATE.gov sending email with your confirmatiopn number, check your junk mail

I do not know about programing but I would guess that it has more than one variable, the confirmation number & your email adress.
but thoses who didn't entered their email adress & deleted their confirmation number are screwed
No, its just a script (Perl, Java, Javascript, etc) that generates the webpage. Same script with only 1 variable, your confirmation number, and the rest is the same for everyone. An email server can easily handle that many emails in a day.

Hey, The day still doesnt finish....dont lost the hope!
KCC closes at 4. However, it is now 5pm (EDT). If my 6th sense is correct, this maybe their way of notifying the persons who were disqualified (i.e. via NOT receiving the e-mail) On the other hand, they should have stated the same on the travel state website!

In other forum somebody says he received the e-mail last night.
I think everyone is going to receive, but is too many people!

Please let the time go on before you get nervous.

I do not know about programing but I would guess that it has more than one variable, the confirmation number & your email adress.
but thoses who didn't entered their email adress & deleted their confirmation number are screwed

The email they send you has a link that when pressed forwards you to a page with your confirmation number. This link is like this one (I changed it so nobody knows my details):

https://ceac.state.gov/ccd/pls/public/edv_confirmation_num.php?p=989898989808098098980808098908

The number in bold is unique for each applicant. When you click on that link, you are executing a script stored in a file called edv_confirmation_num.php, located in the server https://ceac.state.gov/ccd/pls/public/.

This script always generates two things:

- a static HTML page (a template) with all the explanatory text
- a variable text, your confirmation number, which is retrieved from their databases using the code 989898989808098098980808098908

So in other words, there is only one web site with a template, that has only one value that changes according to a code that is passed when you click on the link sent to you in the email. So there is no processing time for them, they just need to send thousands of emails with different code in the link...which can be done in just one hour by any email server.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's always good to know, thanks
Well, I still have the screen capture of the confirmation page, but my concern is thoses who threw their confirmation code away & didn't enter their email.. they are screw then
The email they send you has a link that when pressed forwards you to a page with your confirmation number. This link is like this one (I changed it so nobody knows my details):

https://ceac.state.gov/ccd/pls/public/edv_confirmation_num.php?p=989898989808098098980808098908

The number in bold is unique for each applicant. When you click on that link, you are executing a script stored in a file called edv_confirmation_num.php, located in the server https://ceac.state.gov/ccd/pls/public/.

This script always generates two things:

- a static HTML page (a template) with all the explanatory text
- a variable text, your confirmation number, which is retrieved from their databases using the code 989898989808098098980808098908

So in other words, there is only one web site with a template, that has only one value that changes according to a code that is passed when you click on the link sent to you in the email. So there is no processing time for them, they just need to send thousands of emails with different code in the link...which can be done in just one hour by any email server.

Hope this helps.

I made a lot of applications for my family members and friends. In the morning when I checked, only one email from KCC was in my inbox. Now more are being sent to my email, so I assumed they are sending the Confirmation Numbers in batches.

I made a lot of applications for my family members and friends. In the morning when I checked, only one email from KCC was in my inbox. Now more are being sent to my email, so I assumed they are sending the Confirmation Numbers in batches.
Have you received all now ?

I didn't receive any EMAIL , and I was a winner !!
I really got BOREEEEEEEED and DEPRESSED from all the GAMES that they play with us !!!
They are not professional at all !!!
A simple web page with DATE , last name , should retrieve the confirmation number , but SENDING through emails mean a lot of things , scarf icing by increasing the spam and sending by Emails , mean alot ...

have you deleted your confirmation code?
I didn't receive any EMAIL , and I was a winner !!
I really got BOREEEEEEEED and DEPRESSED from all the GAMES that they play with us !!!
They are not professional at all !!!
A simple web page with DATE , last name , should retrieve the confirmation number , but SENDING through emails mean a lot of things , scarf icing by increasing the spam and sending by Emails , mean alot ...

The below was copied and pasted from a forum member who received the e-mail. Note the answer to question. All of us saw incorrect information on the website. Therefore, ALL of us should get an e-mail from KCC:.

Q: You said the Department of State would not contact DV entrants by e-mail. Why are you sending this one now?
Because of the computer error, we decided it was important to notify every person who might have seen incorrect information on the website. An e-mail was the fastest way to reach DV entrants.
Winners in the new selection process will not be notified by e-mail. The results of the new selection process will only be available on the Entrant Status Check website

Last edited by a moderator:
well, if you were one of the winner that mean your entry did qualify because you past throught all the selection & came out winner so no worry. Keep in mind that here everything is just pure speculation
No Jayo2k , I've it , but people here made me suspect that If my entry isn't qualified .....

bahama boy:

are u from the North America " The Bahamas" region? if so pls say if you get this email as i am from this same region as well, and have not seen anything yet. thanks

Yes, I am from the Bahamas (North America) and No, I have not received an email.

Hope this helps.

So why are so many people getting emails on different days and at different times if it all "can be done in just one hour by any email server"?

So why are so many people getting emails on different days and at different times if it all "can be done in just one hour by any email server"?

Notice I said "can be done in just one hour by any email server" not "must be done in just one hour by any email server"...

I work on this for living, and any regular PC with Linux and with any one of the known Open Source Mail servers can handle this load of work in one hour or less.

Also take into account the delay on the destination mail servers, etc..

But this doesn't mean that they did it...

Is there anyone who received the mail but didn't log in to Entry Status Check before the results were voided?

I was a winner on May 1st and I have not received the email from KCC. My question is: is the confirmation number they are giving in the emails the same one as the one we had when we applied in October or are they giving new confirmation numbers?

I was a winner on May 1st and I have not received the email from KCC. My question is: is the confirmation number they are giving in the emails the same one as the one we had when we applied in October or are they giving new confirmation numbers?

No. They are giving a new confirmation number. But I'm not sure whether the old and the new confirmation numbers are both valid. I have received an email,well I am still keeping my old confirmation number but I clicked the link and I was given a new number. What a big deal, you can check with both old and new numbers, anyway it is the same entrant.