So Guys...Any recent EAD/AP Approvals!??

I responded to RFE on 12/12 and still not has seen any update on my EAD. How long does it take USCIS to update and RFE cases for EAD?

Jadoo85

2 months passed with my application for EAD and Ap at TSc and nothing yet. most people in TSC are getting their EAD in 1 months except me. what a stupid system!

My wife's and my AP are pending approval at NSC. RD for both is 10/04/06. We have an India trip coming up on Jan 4th of next year which is making me nervous. Has anyone who applied around that timeframe received approvals? Ours was paper filing.
Thanks.

It's reaching 2 months since I got a RD for my EAD and AP, and I have not heard anything either. I have seen several people on trackitt with RDs well after mine getting approved within 3 weeks. Not sure what's going on here! At least the processing dates moved to September today so hopefully I'll have an answer in a month's time (definitely not expecting anything till the end of the year with the holidays).

i efiled EAD + AP for both me and my spouse in Nov 2006. I printed the confirmation reciept and followed the procedure of sending additional documents and pictures.

AP for both of us was approved in Dec 2006 and they sent RFE on EAD for both asking us to submit pictures for EAD application.

As per my understanding....they should have called us for a biometrics....but instead they sent the RFE on EAD to send pictures....

anyone who has similar situation...pls give advice

EAD Approved yesterday and case has been updated with the below message.

RD : 10/11 at NSC

"On December 18, 2006, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

Congratulations !

Earlier you said you had lud on your and your wife's case... for how many days did you notice.. did it change for consequtively 2 days or 3 days....? just wondering how many days the officer takes to approve after s/he starts to work.

maheshcr said:

"On December 18, 2006, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

Thanks.
LUD changed in the morning and the message got updated in the evening. Soon after I checked the message online in the portfolio, got the email confirmation in about 15 minutes.

my 60 days are coming very close here, EAD is expiring tomorrow(unpaid leave from the 21st), hopefully I will recieve mine tomorrow:) but then based on some of the other EAD approvals I have seen the 60 days seems to be better indicative of USICS processing on EAD's.

My 60 days will be this 24th, but with Christmas and everything else, I doubt mine will follow the same pattern because of this ?

Hoping this will come before the 24th as a Christmas present.

here is somthing I saw on the USICS website that the IC at the counter in the office did not tell me....
If you filed a Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, and it has been longer than 90 days since you filed and you haven't gotten an update from us within the last 60 days, and have not seen any public notice that addresses your case type, please don't wait the extra 30 days. Call customer service immediately.

So the 60 days sounds very realistic, I am not gonna wait a day later after the 24th if I don't recieve any updates....it is pretty clear that they will try to process your case before 60 days if not you are required to call customer service according to them...

Best way to expedite (that worked in my case I guess) would be to call the CIS Customer service and tell them to initiate a enquiry request stating you haven't recd. your biometrics appointment. That may have a pretty good chance of expediting your request.

Good Luck!

Mahesh

EAD Receitpt dated 10/04/06

Hi Kaumudhi,

My receipt date is also 10/04/06 and it is approved on 12/07/06. However, I have initiated expedited processing request. I have also referred through congressman's liasion office. If you have valid AP or H1 then you need not worry about this EAD. It would be helpful, if you start the expedited processing request immediately.

Good Luck!
gj

Congrats Mahesh. my RD is 10/16 so hoping approval is around the corner.

maheshcr said:

Thanks GJ. I faxed my expedite request this afternoon. I am actually waiting for my AP not EAD. Also, I took and Infopass appointment and went to local USCIS office today. But the immigration officer didn't have anything new to offer. He suggested the same path...expedite request. Now I have my fingers crossed :(

Could you share how you approached the senator. I don't have a clue on how to access them. Thanks.

GrimJudge said:
Hi Kaumudhi,

My receipt date is also 10/04/06 and it is approved on 12/07/06. However, I have initiated expedited processing request. I have also referred through congressman's liasion office. If you have valid AP or H1 then you need not worry about this EAD. It would be helpful, if you start the expedited processing request immediately.

Good Luck!
gj

I stated a wedding in my family as the reason. I know that isn't very convincing, but I just wanted to give it a try.