SFO/San JoseInterview tracker

congratulations prajit

and thanks for the advice. i have a long wait still. will notify you what happens. my lawyer knows the whole thing and I will let her speak unless i m asked and i have all the doc.s ready.
good luck for future.

No Title

vipcsc,
Based on what I read on this board
1. You need to carry all the documents specified in the interview notice. May be it is a good idea to keep them properly organized so that you can present any document immediately, insted of searching it in some box of documents. Also if possible carry all supporting documentation with Originals (for I-140, I-485 etc.) I mean your entire GC file. If some document copies are missing in their file, the officer may ask you for them. Several people on this board suggested that it is better to take your attorney with you.
2. Unless your wife is at different location and need to fly and cannot fly due to pregnancy, or expecting around that date, I think it is better if your wife can also attend the interview at the same time. Once your interview is over it may be some thing like just "matter of being there, I mean just showing up" for your wife.
3. If you want to reschedule for your wife I think you should talk to your attorney immediately. I think it is better to do it as early as possible. If rescheduling won\'t happen by interview date and no one shows up it could have very serious consequences.

Good luck
PCee

Interview experience at San Jose yesterday.

The interview was smooth but I did not get my passport stamped.

We arrived there at 8:10am 20 minutes before my schedule time. My laywer had already arried 5 munites ago. I dropped the letter under window #2. We were called at 8:40 by a junior officer, a young asian lady. We followed her to her office, took the oath.

After sit down, the office told me that the reason to transfer was some of my original file was missing and she did not have the right to approve it with temporary file. She only does the interview and her manager will approve it since they still try to find the original files.

She started the interview from me first.
She took my signature and finger print.
Asked for the driver licence, passport and social security card.
Asked my DOB, address, phone number, place of birth.
How many times I traveled outside the U.S. with what visa to reentered U.S. Is this your first marriage. How many children do I have. Asked for my new physical examination since the doctor forgot to check one box on my old one. Asked for my employment letter. At last, she asked the Yes or No questions on I-485 form.

Then she interview my wife.
She asked my wife the same questions as me.

At last, she said that is all for today. We will send your approve letter in 30 days even if we do not find the original files. I was so disappointed. I asked what kind of original files were missing and if they I-140 files. She said yes. I gave her the I-140 form and the application documents of I-140 from my files. She looked them and said these would speed up the approve. I asked if we can leave our passport to her. She said sure. Then she collected our passports and said Goodbye.

That is all. I did not get it yesterday. From now on, I need check my mail box every day.....

No Title

vipcsc,
Happy to hear that your interview went very smooth. I have couple of questions for you.

1. How many interview notices did you guys received? I mean did you receive one for you, one for your wife and one for your son or just one for entire family?
2. Did officer ask you any question about "why your wife is not attending"? The concern is if your wife was given a different time then probably it is better to make sure that the officer is aware of the point that your wife is not going to attend the interview...

Thanks
PCee

No Title

RD- 03/30/01
ND 04/18/01
and my case was transferred in 12/xx/01 I did not received any RFE my case was clear I was working with same company, but my bad luck. I filed my I-485 from CSC while I was in CA and after that I had to move to MA due to change in client. I did not changed my address still I am maintaining a valid CA address.
Changing your address, I do not know since it might go smooth or it might delay your case. When did you filed your 485 and from where I mean where you were leaving at that time. If you know that your case will get transferred to SFO and it has not been so long after filing 485 then I would say change your address to SJ otherwise don\'t take risk

IT\'S MY TURN !!! Finaaaaally Approved after san jose interview

Hi, Guys
I am happy to post my experience in San Jose local interview(6/12 WED)
For me, I am the one of the looooooooooongest waiter because my
I-485 was originally filed in Year 2000.(For my detailed history,
please type "jkwon" in search button.)

My wife only got an interview letter on April 20th even though she is my depedendant. I called CSC a couple of times later, I realized that myI-485 file was also transferred to SJC ins office later, but My daughter\'s file was not transferred to SJC office till I visited local office, waited long line and complainied.
Local INS guys didn\'t have any idea why whole my family case was handled seperatedly.
On that date 6/12/02, our family arrived at 9:30AM, went to 2nd floor
Interview hall, drop the appointment letter.
Waited till 10:30AM(Original time was 10:00AM), one gentle-looking white officer called us and we entered his office.
There is No issue at all during interview time. My feeling was that
they just want to kick us off as soon as possible after giving approval stamps. I gave my employement verification letter, W2, current salary slip. He didn\'t ask anything and just said "I am going
to approve your case today but I need to fax your A# to washington.
Please wait outside hall"

After waiting 1 hour outside hall, he called us again and we all entered his office again. He immediately put stamps on all my family member\'s passport and said " Congratulation "

IT\'s Finaaaally over. It took me exactly 5 years to finish this long journey but I Got It, Got It, Got It !!!!!!!

Thanks for all of you and Hope all of you get your green card soon.
Everthing is Really matter of time, It will come thru eventually.

Got Approved

We had an interview scheduled at 8:30 am in san francisco on 11June 2002. Reached there at 7:45am. GO a little early for parking. Once entered the building drop in interview letter in the Drop BOX. We were called in 10 min . We took our lawyer for moral support and also that it is advisable as the officer cannot ask any weird illegal questions. The offcer was excellent. He was a senior officer so new all the rules, There were 2 reasons we were called. My husband had changed his job on EAD and also he had a infraction conviction as he forgot to pay for a 2$ item and had to pay a fine of $160. The officer asked the questions and he answered all that was necessary. The officer knew about the rule of AC21(change job rule). he asked him why he changed the job and weither he changed it or was he laid off. We told him truthfully that he changed his job before he could be laid off. Hearing this the officer said that it was a good dicission of changing the job also asked how was his current company doing. He verified that the job was changed after 180 days and that the job title is the same. Rest all was ok. He said the Case is approved and let us go.
Atlast the ordeal is over. Feel so relaxed 2 years wait is all over.
Let me know if you guys need any more information, you can email me at aarohig@yahoo.com
Best of luck all of you!

No Title

Hopefully & interview2

Congratulations.

Can you please post you details with full dates (RD,ND, WAC# FPInfo etc.) for tracking purposes?
Thanks
PCee

vipcsc.....it was a wild guess...dont have to even guess coz 99.9% people on this chatboard r Desi

I sure am glad for you......and talk about sharing experiences..i\'m all done with my inteview/GC and stuff..and still keep coming back to check ..dunno what :).....i gues i wanna see whats happening with the people that i shared info with...Good luck to all....

No Title

PCee
Yes I knew that it is going to be a "issue/non issue" but I have talked to my lawyer and she said that since in labor itself it was mentioned that I am a consultant and my job may require moving in other state but after my GC I will come back to CA. She said leaving in MA is not a problem while your GC processing at CSC. Moreover my company\'s head office is there in San Jose.
My attorney has confirmed that she will be there with me at INS at the time of interview. The only thing I am worried about my wife\'s case, I don\'t know what will happen. Just keeping my finger cross, let\'s hope for the best.