SFO/San JoseInterview tracker

for vipcsc

my medical was also 14 months old when they called me for an interview last week.....i didnt get another new one..my lawyer said the same thing..that another new medical was not required......so do what your lawyer says...thats what he is getting paid for....

Approved after Interview in Seattle INS

Me and my wife went to Seattle INS for I-485 interview. We were there 30 minutes early. We dropped off the appointment letter and our names were called in 10 minutes. We had the lawyer came with us. The officer just asked us routine questions on the I-485, got our signatures and finger print. Then he said he couldn\'t get a visa number because the office in the Washington DC was closed. He asked me to come back tomorrow to get a stamp on my passport from anyone. I said, "anyone ??" Then he said I could see him before his lunch. We shaked hands and that was it !!!! We were in and out less than 15 minutes. I had prepared all the paper work listed in the appointment letter but the officer did not ask for anything.

My details
EB3, China
Nebraska Service Center
PD 1/98
RD 10/99
FD 11/00
RFE #1 2/01 for birth cert, medical exam
RFE #2 1/02 for employment letter, marriage cert
FD #2 2/02 because the first finger print is only good for 1 yr.
TD 3/02
AD 6/02

4 and 1/2 years wait finally ended. You guys out there don\'t give up hope.

Interview was done at SFO 06/11/02

Yesterday I had interview at SFO.
We (me, my son and my lawyer) reached at INS at 12:15PM and we were called by officer at 12:45 he did the finger printing for me and my son.
I took the oath
He did no asked much but just formal question like
Q-Your name wife\'s name parents name
A- #@$ 34#$#$
Q-Date of birth for me, my wife and my son. Pl note my wife did not attended the interview.
A- #$#$ 34#@$ 3434 24234#$#$
Q-Where are you working, are you still with same company
A- #$%#$% yes I am still with the same company
Q- Will you stick to the same company
A- Yes till they have job I will stick to this company. I have no intention to leave this company. Company is good......
Q- Do you have Tax return for 2001
A- Yes
Q- Do you have copies?
A- Yes
Then I gave my tax return copies and meanwhile I also showed him the latest paystubs.
Q- Do you know why we called you for interview?
A- No
He explained that we just wanted to check if you are still working with the same company or not. Then he explained about new border security check and he said that he is going to approve for all but since his computer was not working so he said I will do it latter today and I will send the approval notice to you by this weekend or early next week. Then you can get it stamp at any time. I also explained him why my wife could not attend the interview.
There are few things which I was more concerned but he did not bother about those.
1. I am in MA and I filed my GC from CSC, he did not asked any thing why you are in MA.
2. My wife could not attend the interview.

Can we change

our address and thereby our local INS after it is heard on AVM that case is transferred to local INS.

I come under the San Francisco area. However, since San Jose is faster, I am thinking that if my case is transferred for interview, I will change my address to San Jose and thereby the case will be transferred to San Jose.

Anyone has any experience on this. Is this possible? What care should I take if I am trying this.

No Title

vipcsc,
That\'s cool. I guess once you receive approval letters, your wife can goto closest INS office and get passport stamped! I don\'t think she need to travel to SFO!

By the way can you please proved complete details of your case (with full dates rather than just month and Year) for tracking purposes?
Thanks
PCee

Thanx PCee and Delhiseema

1. I will be carrying whole bunch of papers including GC file from first H1 file to interview call and supporting docs in originals.
2. I think I did not mention that I filed my GC from CSC and I am in MA now. My wife\'s due date is 06/22 and interview is on 06/11 and I have already taken a letter from doctor saying that she is advised not to travel at this stage due to expected date of pregnancy. Also I am taking a mandate letter from my wife saying that she is unable to attend the interview due to pregnancy and I authorize my husband to take any necessary action on behalf of me. I am also taking all the papers for her like passport EAD, degrees , marriage certificate , birth certificate etc. I didn\'t rescheduled for her since I am thinking that I will produce these documents then probably she will get approval but no stamping or maximum I can ask for reschedule for her. Also I was thinking that if she had a baby lets say between 1-5 then we could have gone together. So I am taking a little bit a risk but this is true that she has a valid reason not to show up in interview.
3. I talked to attorney she was saying that we will see at INS on that day only, she did not suggested to reschedule for her.

What do you say?

Thanks a lot vipcsc...

Actually it\'s been only 1 month since I applied I-485 but I got lucky and FP was done in 20days.Looks like it will be okay if I change my address because it hasn\'t been that long. I just don\'t feel like waiting for 9-12 months for interview in this tough job market and my company is not doing well either. What do you think?Thanks

How did the INS officer counted 180 days?

First of all, congratulations!

Could you clarify please how the INS officer counted 180 days?
Heard a lot of rumors that CSC is doing that based on ND (rather than RD as in other states)
Is that correct?

Thanks.

INTERVIEW WAITTIME???

I would greatly appreciate if someone can share interview waittime for Oakland, San Jose and SF. I live in Alameda, ca , if I will probably get an interview in SF or Oakland maybe. I read that SFO waittime is 1 year. My FP is done , what if if i move to SJ now, are we going to get an early interview??

Thanks

No Title

1. I received three notices , one for each of us. Time and date was same for all of us i.e 06/11/02 12:45PM.
2. Actually he asked us that "you are the only guys having interview?" but then I told him that my wife was also suppose to come but since she can not come due the pregnancy date is so close. Then he did not ask any thing. I gave him the letter from doctor. But he told me that he is going to approve for her also since you are the primary applicant and I can understand her reason not to come. But she need to come at the time of stamping and she can done her finger print at that time.

Interview at 6/6, still need to wait for security clearance

Interviewed on 6/6. Eveything were OK, but at last she told me she couldn\'t fave me stamp right now. SHe need to do clearance check. I don\'t know why. SHe told me it\'s an new procedure. It will take 1 week --- 1 month. I left my passport in INS.She told me they will mail it to me after it\'s done.

Anyone have same experiance? I was disappointed with it.

Congratulations on your approval..

CUHK,
You wrote that your case belongs to NSC, and your interview was in Seattle and you posted this info in "SanJose/SFO Interview thread" that belongs to CSC! I wonder how you came to this thread!
-PCee

to gc_wait

My case got transferred on 12/18/01 and I received notice of interview in may and interview was on 06/11/02. I have seen sjc center is not taking too much time after transfer but sfo center is taking six months on an average.

PCee,
I will post my details but let me receive approval letter. I don’t want to write again and again so I will post full details with approval letter dates. but FYI my WAC # was 01-161-53xxx

Thanx everybody for your support but this is not the end, still long way to go. Dhanyawad DELHISEEMA for your mubarakbaad, but how did you guess that I will understand mubarakbaad. Anyway being on this forum gives me relief that somebody is there to share your problem.