SFO/San JoseInterview tracker

CASE transferred on may 8th to SFO

hello guys,
I am also joining you all. Let me first see if I am able to post. I will provide the details later.

No Title

My case was transferred to SFO on March 22nd.
Still waiting...
WAC-01-270-XXXXX.
Seems like SFO is very slow, don\'t you think so?

case transfered to SFO ,Mah 8th

Got RFE March 31st, Replied April 23rd.

they asked employment information (tax, employment letter) and employer financial information. I am currently on leave of absence
that I took in order to finish some studies in University. I specified
it to them (Because I have no current pay stubs). It may have triggered
something. (probably, huh?)

I keep on praying.

are there any scenarios where a transfer doesn\'t result in an interview?

No Title

my details:

wac-01-265.
case transferred on may8 to sfo.

i had an arrest record for missing the traffic court date( i got reckless driving ticket in an accident). i was not convicted for the arrest as i provided the evidence for missing the court date. i wish i knew about this penal code 1203.4a earlier. thru this ur arrest records can be expunged if you are not convicted for the arrest.
i had mentioned about this to my lawyer but she answered no the question on arrest. we provided the details in reply to the rfe but still case got transferred.
another reason for rfe( other than the std. pay stubs, employment lettter, w2 etc) was that they wanted more clarification of my legal status here. i think the reason being that i have lot of immigration stamps in arabic in my passport. i myself don\'t know whether it\'s a stamp for entry or exit. my passport is completely filled up.all of my visas have been stamped from the country in middle east. one of the 19 hijackers is the national of that country and his student visa was also stamped from the same consulate. i think this is another reason they are inviting me personally. btw, i am from india.

No Title

i had mentioned it to my lawyer and she answered no since it was a traffic violation related. according to her, since they\'re more strict about these things, i m called for interview.

harman..but it says on the I485 form to mention any arrests....

what you had might be coz of traffic violation but it was an arrest...the form clearly says to not include the traffic tickets ..but do mention about any kind off arrests.....Any ways now when the INS officer asks you about it ...tell them that you thought that it was a Traffic violation.....
Even if you have arrests..as long as you are not charged with "Felony"..u should be ok..."Infraction" and Certain "Misdemeanors" are also not that much of an issue...as long as you have mentioned in your 485....coz the FBI fingerprinting is able to pull out any kinda Police record about you for last 10 yrs,...

Thats what my Lawyer says.....Also its a good idea to take your
Lawyer to the interview with you ..its an extra expense...but i have read that its worth every dollar ....

My interview is on the 29MAy ..this month....will keep you posted....

To Delhiseema

Yes it is advisable to take your attorney with you. Feel free to send a private message if you have any questions. Good Luck on your interview.

yes, i plan to take the lawyer

thanks delhiseema and congo. i have discussed it with her already.
i asked her if it\'s a good idea for me to move to san jose but she said even sfo is not that slow.

If not, you might have a problem

If this issue (arrest not mentioned in 485) comes up, tell them innocently that since you were not convicted, you thought it was to expunge automatically. Get it expunged before interview if possible.

No Title

Yeah, i got the forms to get it expunged. i am working on it. my lawyer explained that i was not convicted and it was a traffic violation related but still the case got transferred.
thanks saint.

interview atlast scheduled

Hi
we were transfered to the local office SF for an interview in August. Wiaiting is finally over we recieved the interview notice on May 16th .we are scheduled for June11th. Rest will let u know after the interview.

No Title

thanks for the posting hopefully. hopefully you\'ll tell some details of your case and hopefully you will tell the reason for such a long wait for interview.
hopefully it will help other people in this thread and hopefully you get approved.

you came to the right place. all the people in this thread are with full of hope.
thanks again hopefully.

harman, what kind of Forms did you get to expunge record? where can we get?

My wife had similar case.

Hi all, do you think the new security check implemented (IBIS) will affect our interview cases?

No Title

i don\'t think the new system will affect us unless a person is a criminal. since u\'ll be interviewed in person, they will get from you face to face what they require. not a problem.

i got the forms by calling the court who had jurisdiction over my traffic violation. e.g, if you live in southern california but the violation happened in northern california, you\'ll have to contact the court in northern california.

Good luck delhiseema for tomorrow

Hopefully, you should get approved.

I have already posted my details.
I live in South San Jose(santa clara county) but the case got transferred to sfo(alameda county). waiting for interview letter.