SFO DOL - To track Auto remand Cases!!

Anand_Mishra said:
No one posted any news this week? It seems DBEC fired the guy who was approving one auto remnaded case in week. :D Hope to get some news in Jan 2006. :) Hoping against the hope. :rolleyes:

Looks like we got one approval for this week quota! :rolleyes:

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1310946&postcount=43

Again, looks like cases with three option letters are getting approval. Meaning the employer might have done additional requirtement when they responded to the 3-option letter.

Any thoughts??

Last edited by a moderator:
goodphysq,

As far as my understanding goes.

The three options given were:

1. Withdraw the case.
2. Remand it to State to be processed as non-rir.
3. Carry out additional recruitment and submit the results to DOL (this is kind of similar to NOF's issued).

Most of the companies asked for the case to be remanded back to state to be processed as non-rir. So I don't think there was any additional recruitment effort carried out by the company. In such a scenario there is no difference between an auto-remanded and an employer-remanded case.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks!

goodphysq said:
Looks like we got one approval for this week quota! :rolleyes:

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1310946&postcount=43

Again, looks like cases with three option letters are getting approval. Meaning the employer might have done additional requirtement when they responded to the 3-option letter.

Any thoughts??

cal97 said:
goodphysq,

As far as my understanding goes.

The three options given were:

1. Withdraw the case.
2. Remand it to State to be processed as non-rir.
3. Carry out additional recruitment and submit the results to DOL (this is kind of similar to NOF's issued).

Most of the companies asked for the case to be remanded back to state to be processed as non-rir. So I don't think there was any additional recruitment effort carried out by the company. In such a scenario there is no difference between an auto-remanded and an employer-remanded case.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks!

You do have point. Unfortunatley, so far we have not seen any approvals for auto-remanded cases like mine and yours. I dont mind being wrong this time :)

Hope coming weeks we will see some approvals!

P.S. Wierd its only few of us are participating may be rest all got their GC :confused:

Most of guys are waiting too long so lost all hope. Also emotionally it's highly taxing. That’s why not much participation. But if any one gets approval, definitely will share with us.

goodphysq said:
You do have point. Unfortunatley, so far we have not seen any approvals for auto-remanded cases like mine and yours. I dont mind being wrong this time :)

P.S. Wierd its only few of us are participating may be rest all got their GC :confused:

I saw this forum yesterday and I've been searching for this topic for years now. I'm glad to have found it as I share the same sentiments. My PD is April 2001, CA, and my RIR was remanded to the State in 2002. I received my 45 day letter last Nov. 18 (with errors though that needed to be corrected) and responded to the letter last week. There was nothing else with the letter. No additional information needed. I'm hoping though that they would reconsider our initial recruitment efforts. I've heard that auto remands were sent back to DOL about 2 years ago but were later sent to BEC. Yes, it has been a long wait. I came close to giving up last year and started making arrangements to go home but a relative convinced me to stay and I'm glad that he did. There is hope. Believe it or not, I'm extending my H1-B for my 9th year. Being a 40 year old, I guess I'll be here for the long haul. I think next year will be our year (for the 2001 applicants). Thanks again for this great forum and I hope to contribute to it regularly.

goodphysq:

I requested screen shot from DBEC(8th year extension ploy). Application processing type shows "TR" and case source shows "State". I am speculating you are correct. As per data, BEC will treat it like “TR” application from SWA and so will request for additional supervised recruitment effort. Sorry for discouraging to other folks. I don’t think anyone will take it seriously after 4-1/2 years of wait.. :D

goodphysq said:

Anand,

Does the screen shot have the "Data Review" part ?

Thanks!

Anand_Mishra said:
goodphysq:

I requested screen shot from DBEC(8th year extension ploy). Application processing type shows "TR" and case source shows "State". I am speculating you are correct. As per data, BEC will treat it like “TR” application from SWA and so will request for additional supervised recruitment effort. Sorry for discouraging to other folks. I don’t think anyone will take it seriously after 4-1/2 years of wait.. :D

2001 cases originally filed as TR (non-RIR) did not get their 45-day letters as yet, I did not come across any posts confirming the same. We getting the 45-day letters definitely means something but no one knows what the ever unpredictable DOL will do.

My attorney got a 45-day letter for another client on 11/21 and his P.D was July'01 (earlier than mine) and got the 45-day letter nearly month after mine was issued. So you never know ............

Anand_Mishra said:
No. please give your comment.

45 day letter does not mean anything. My current employer filled LC's 45D letter came early Feb 2005. That time also I got excitement and hope but still no news. Then received 45D for dead LC on Oct 2005. Because I always hope against hope so became hopeful. :rolleyes: Soon I will be normal again. :cool: But I agree with you, I can't predict the way DOL works.. :p Or did they ever worked :D

cal97 said:
2001 cases originally filed as TR (non-RIR) did not get their 45-day letters as yet, I did not come across any posts confirming the same. We getting the 45-day letters definitely means something but no one knows what the ever unpredictable DOL will do.

My attorney got a 45-day letter for another client on 11/21 and his P.D was July'01 (earlier than mine) and got the 45-day letter nearly month after mine was issued. So you never know ............

Happy Holidays!!

While our endless tyranny continues, I would like to take a moment to wish all our friends Happy Holidays and Blessed New Year!

:)

Some from 2001 have recd. 45 DL...

Some cases with PD 2001 , including mine, have been sent the 45 DL. I know of atleast 6 people personally... that have recd and responded to 45 DL. On an "Average", read that as purely statistical data and not a standard, it takes 6-8 months after getting your 45 DL to hear back or see any progress (there are a few lucky cases though that have recd. the adjudication faster).

HTH

cal97 said:

calabor2001 said:
Some cases with PD 2001 , including mine, have been sent the 45 DL. I know of atleast 6 people personally... that have recd and responded to 45 DL. On an "Average", read that as purely statistical data and not a standard, it takes 6-8 months after getting your 45 DL to hear back or see any progress (there are a few lucky cases though that have recd. the adjudication faster).

HTH
calabor2001,

Is your case EB3 or EB2 and what is the job experience required? My priority date is Dec 2001, i havent received 45 day letter yet. My case is EB3(BS+0 years experience).

calabor2001,

you sound more realistic based on DBEC apathy for remanded cases. But just for curiosity, how you conclude for 6-8 moths? If your friends got approval after 6-8 months of 45D please share with us. Happy New Year to all.

calabor2001 said:

HTH

goodphysq,

I think because remanded cases source is "state" that's why not getting any attention from DBEC other than sending 45D letters just like any other SWA cases. Are we planning any effort to educate to DBEC to consider it as regional case?

goodphysq said:
While our endless tyranny continues, I would like to take a moment to wish all our friends Happy Holidays and Blessed New Year!

:)

Anand_Mishra said:
goodphysq,

I think because remanded cases source is "state" that's why not getting any attention from DBEC other than sending 45D letters just like any other SWA cases. Are we planning any effort to educate to DBEC to consider it as regional case?

Hi,

Mine was filed as RIR and sent back to state. Recently received 45 day letter which was replied on Dec 2nd. My processing type is TR and case source is 'Region'. One of my collegue's case was similar to mine but his was 'State'
His too was applied as MS+0 yrs. How come they have this difference.

Also, my prevailing wage is showing up, but for my friend this was not there.

Any ideas how much time it might take....

Thanks

Thanks,

It's very difficult to find out How BEC's/DOL works? But I am optimistic about your case because source says 'Region'. May be yours approval in mail? Good Luck. :)
May be it explain why few guys are getting approval in weeks and other not. :p

venkatram said:
Hi,

Mine was filed as RIR and sent back to state. Recently received 45 day letter which was replied on Dec 2nd. My processing type is TR and case source is 'Region'. One of my collegue's case was similar to mine but his was 'State'
His too was applied as MS+0 yrs. How come they have this difference.

Also, my prevailing wage is showing up, but for my friend this was not there.

Any ideas how much time it might take....

Thanks

Thanks,

Anand_Mishra said:
goodphysq,

Where did you get the info? ( case source as "State")

I am not sure this will have any impact on our cases. My only concern is, will DBEC will ask for more recuritement or will they approve as it is!

But this post give us some relief..

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1324185&postcount=50

Again, No idea what metrics they use in DBEC to approve :eek: