SFO DOL - To track Auto remand Cases!!

45 days letter response time.

Is there any LC approval pattern based on "how many days lawyers took to respond to 45 days letter"?
So far it's random. In some cases where the lawyers responded within 7 days, the LCs got approval within 1 month. In some cases it's taking forever.
Any idea?

calabor2001 said:
Some cases with PD 2001 , including mine, have been sent the 45 DL. I know of atleast 6 people personally... that have recd and responded to 45 DL. On an "Average", read that as purely statistical data and not a standard, it takes 6-8 months after getting your 45 DL to hear back or see any progress (there are a few lucky cases though that have recd. the adjudication faster).

HTH

We sure are the cursed lot. PBEC cleared all the auto-remanded cases first way back in June 2005 where as DBEC did not. There is absolutely no transparency whatsoever in this whole process. There are guidelines set that are seldom followed.

I do not think they entertain attorneys either. My attorney was sent back a screen shot when she enquired about my case status. There would be no set pattern, I guess. We need more information from people who got their LC's approved.

Would the guys who got their LC's approved be kind enough to please post the following information:

DOT Code: e.g 999.151-032
-OR-
Position:
Experience: B.S + 0, M.S + 0 ......
Location of the employer: Northern California(Bay area, Sacramento....,
Southern California)

This may help us a bit... I doubt it though. Well, whats the harm in trying...

DeCgC_007 said:
Is there any LC approval pattern based on "how many days lawyers took to respond to 45 days letter"?
So far it's random. In some cases where the lawyers responded within 7 days, the LCs got approval within 1 month. In some cases it's taking forever.
Any idea?

Happy New Year to you as well.
Yup - thats what we are looking at..From the receipt of 45DL to an approval letter, average has been approx. 180-240 days, with one exception (that took 25 days).

Anand_Mishra said:
calabor2001,

you sound more realistic based on DBEC apathy for remanded cases. But just for curiosity, how you conclude for 6-8 moths? If your friends got approval after 6-8 months of 45D please share with us. Happy New Year to all.

FIFO --> LIFO -->RIRO

Funny you should ask this ...

BECs are working on a pure "RIRO" process -- Random In Random Out.

Nope, I am not aware, nor have observed any peculiarity that could relate to a relationship between Lawyer Response and LC Approval pattern.

DeCgC_007 said:
Any idea?

EB3

labor_paines said:
calabor2001,

Is your case EB3 or EB2 and what is the job experience required? My priority date is Dec 2001, i havent received 45 day letter yet. My case is EB3(BS+0 years experience).

45 Day letter recd

Not sure what will happen next, here are my case details

California.
RIR
Philly BEC

PD->08/2001
RD->07/2002
Remanded to State 06/2003
45 Day letter received from PBEC on 01/05/06
Responded on 01/05/06.

This was not autoremanded case, this is employer remanded case.

Guys
any idea on when can i expect my labour to be approved.

bayareagc said:
Not sure what will happen next, here are my case details

California.
RIR
Philly BEC

PD->08/2001
RD->07/2002
Remanded to State 06/2003
45 Day letter received from PBEC on 01/05/06
Responded on 01/05/06.

This was not autoremanded case, this is employer remanded case.

Guys
any idea on when can i expect my labour to be approved.

I have seen couple of employer remanded cases getting approved in a month or so.......may be yours will be one of them. :)

My lawyer forwarded to me my screen shot. This was sent before receiving my 45 day letter.

PD: April 30, 2001 (auto remanded to state)

Processing type: TR

Case Source: State

Case Status: Data Review

I already received my 45 day letter and responded to it 3 weeks ago.
Does this mean that I'm still under TR and that my initial recruitment efforts (under RIR) will not be reconsidered? The case status though is showing as "data review". What does this mean? Thoughts? :confused:

You said it sir RIRO process :) We are trying to findout any pattern on this randomness. So give all of us ray of hope to hang on for 5+ years for LC only :rolleyes:

calabor2001 said:
Funny you should ask this ...

BECs are working on a pure "RIRO" process -- Random In Random Out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amendment for LC at BEC

Has anybody filed amendment for BEC LC for refling in PERM later. How long does it take and is it possible to verify if the request was logged. Thanks.

Suddenly

Suddenly, each day seems like a month! :mad:

Whatever its, folks like us should be recommended for Presidential Award for our patience :) :) :)

All excitement gone for 45D from dead LC application. Back to normal mode and back in endless waiting mode. ;) I think, DBEC did few approval by mistake or their respective case source was 'Region' so came on top on queue to pick up. A typo on DBEC part. Lucky pal :D Why not for me :D All other cases they will touch when DBEC will done with 45D letter for SWA cases. So min 6 months. Please don't shoot me. :p Sorry buddy. :cool:

goodphysq said:
Suddenly, each day seems like a month! :mad:

Whatever its, folks like us should be recommended for Presidential Award for our patience :) :) :)

case closed after 45D letter replied +ly

Hi

Can anyone share if thye have similar experience where case got closed after 45D letter replied expressing willingness to continue.

How long it takes to re-open the case and get into routine procedure. Do they re-open the case if provided with FedEx mailing and traking information which my lawyer says he is going to send ASAP to DBEC.

To all:

Please keep necessary 45D reply documentations and be in touch with lawyer to send the reply with some sort of confirmation etc.

PD: Oct 2001 (auto remanded)
45D: 22 Oct 2005 (reply: 24 Oct 2005)
Case Closed Notice 10 Jan 2006

That's too bad

Is there any reason why your case was closed though your lawyer replied expressing willingness to continue ?

samsharma said:
Hi

Can anyone share if thye have similar experience where case got closed after 45D letter replied expressing willingness to continue.

How long it takes to re-open the case and get into routine procedure. Do they re-open the case if provided with FedEx mailing and traking information which my lawyer says he is going to send ASAP to DBEC.

To all:

Please keep necessary 45D reply documentations and be in touch with lawyer to send the reply with some sort of confirmation etc.

samsharma said:
Hi

To all:

Sorry to hear!

May be your attorney didnt reply in timely fashion, I think thats when they close any case.

My attorney did sent me a email with all the scanned document. I did read that if we dont reply within 45-day the case will be closed.

This is what I found from BRC Centre Receipt Notification Centre..

if the response is UNTIMELY or INCOMPLETE your case will be closed and the application will be returned to you in accordance with Title 20, code of federal regulations, part 656.21(H). If the case is closed, you may at anytime thereafter resubmit the alien labor certification request as a new application with a new filing date.

Sorry! Not encouraging....

After all this wait I know its really hard, we do share your pain!!

I just sent email to her. Please send letter to Secretary Chao for remanded cases, if possible. Please do needful correction. Who know this will click or may be not. :rolleyes: But no harm in trying. :D

==============
Date: 11th Jan 2006

Secretary Elaine Chao
Department of Labor
200 Constitution Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20210
email:secretaryelainechao@dol.gov

Dear Secretary Chao,

Sub: California auto remanded cases Priority Dates (April 2001 – Dec 2001)

I want to bring your good office attention for apathy of Dallas Backlog Elimination Center (DBEC) towards California auto remanded Labor (LC) cases. Most of pending applications Priory Date (PD) are approx 5 years old (i.e. April 2001 to Dec 2001).

Currently DBEC is working with Priory Date (PD) of Feb-March 2004 where as old applications are still pending and waiting for attention from DBEC officials.

I will request you to please look into matter and instruct the DBEC for appropriate actions for CA auto remanded case.

Thank you,

XXXXXXXXXXX
ETA: D-xxx-xxxx

EB2 and EB3 numbers have moved

EB2 Priority dates are Aug 2001 in the new Feb bulletin. Now only if our labors would get approved. We'd be current and ready for I-485. Any other 45-day letters or approvals, please post ?

---------------------------
EB2, CA
PD 03/2002
Remanded Aug 2004 from Federal to non-RIR
CA SWA->SFO DOL-Remanded->CA SWA (non-RIR)
not received 45-day letter yet

Criteria RIR/ TR for remanded cases

Looks like RIR remanded LCs which are less that Aug 03 2001 can be requested as RIR if the employer has recrutiment data for it.

We have not seen any > Aug 03 2001 remanded who got 45 DL as early as Oct getting approval and based on the above RIR remanded LCs beyond Aug 03 2001 will be processed as any other TR / State (source) and what is the estimate for such applications given that there are 100 of thousands of such applications in Apr 2001. Thanks.

jdlabnala said: