Settlement Memorandum Sent

Originally posted by ganesanc
i tried to send my details, but it said your mailbox is full.

Mailbox was full due to overwhelming response to become plaintiff of I-485 litigation.

Deleted almost all the messages after saving those messages in private folders. Now you can send PM.

Please forward I-485 details (Service center, Receipt NUmber, Receipt date, Notice date) and Contact details(Name, Address, Phone number and E-mail). Please send as PM(private message)

Thanks.

How many plaintiffs can be added?

Hi Rajiv,

I see a lot of people wanting to be added as plaintiffs in the messages above and Edison is requesting their information.

Can you give us a number of plaintiffs you plan to restrict to?

Or will you take all those who volunteer and submit their list to court?

Thanks !

Re: How many plaintiffs can be added?

Originally posted by neerajv
Hi Rajiv,

I see a lot of people wanting to be added as plaintiffs in the messages above and Edison is requesting their information.

Can you give us a number of plaintiffs you plan to restrict to?

Or will you take all those who volunteer and submit their list to court?

Thanks !

We are collecting about 50 to 100.

Consolidated List

Edison,
This week-end let's prepare a consolidated list of all the new plaintiff applicants. I will put the data i have in a spreadsheet and you can prepare your spreadsheet. Then let's consolidate both the spreadsheets and send it to Rajiv by Sunday evening. I will give you a call tomorrow (saturday) to discuss about this. If i forget to give a call, please call me on Sunday morning at around 11AM.

Questions

Edison, Satish:

First of please accept my best wishes for a great job that you guys along with Rajiv are doing for the good of the community.

I am an August 2002 filer and I have been considering becoming a plaintiff in this case. Will my wife also need to become a plaintiff or her case would automatically considered along with mine?

Thanks for your attention in this regard.

Re: Questions

Originally posted by aajoshi
Edison, Satish:

First of please accept my best wishes for a great job that you guys along with Rajiv are doing for the good of the community.

I am an August 2002 filer and I have been considering becoming a plaintiff in this case. Will my wife also need to become a plaintiff or her case would automatically considered along with mine?

Thanks for your attention in this regard.

If you become plaintiff, you will be repesenting all your dependents.

Send I-485 details(Service center, Receipt No, Receipt date, Notice Date) and Contact details(Name, Address, Phone No. , E-mail) as PM.

Thanks

Re: Consolidated List

Originally posted by dsatish
Edison,
This week-end let's prepare a consolidated list of all the new plaintiff applicants. I will put the data i have in a spreadsheet and you can prepare your spreadsheet. Then let's consolidate both the spreadsheets and send it to Rajiv by Sunday evening. I will give you a call tomorrow (saturday) to discuss about this. If i forget to give a call, please call me on Sunday morning at around 11AM.

dsatish,
I already have a Consolidated list of potential plaintiff as spread sheet. Just I need to update the details I received today.

Re: Re: Questions

Originally posted by Edison

Send I-485 details(Service center, Receipt No, Receipt date, Notice Date) and Contact details(Name, Address, Phone No. , E-mail) as PM.

Thanks

Thanks a lot. I will PM you my details tonight from home. I don't have it with me right now.

Re: Re: Questions

Originally posted by Edison

Thanks

Hi Edison,

I sent you my I-485 Details as a PM message just now. I did not send you my wife's details. Let me know if you need them. Do you want my I140 Details too? I am more concerned about that...... Atleast for now.....

Let me know.........;)

why limited plaintiffs

I think I missed some information .....

why suddenly we have started to put in 50-100 plaintiffs. I thought Rajiv was doing this for the whole immigrant community.

Is it possible that only the plaintiffs are quickly approved while everyone else still suffers in the long queues ?

Rajiv,

Can you please throw some light on this limited plaintiffs issue and what can be the possible outcome for plaintiffs and non-plaintiffs ?

will_get_there ( together I believe :confused: )

Meeting Bush!

Hi Rajiv,

Just a thought- How about a delegation led by you and the core team meet with President Bush and explain about the hardship we are all facing.

Here is the link i read in times of india on how an attorney met Bush and explained about the H1B problem.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/538872.cms

Again just a thought for gaining support and spreading the word.

Thanks,
ZSUJ

Re: Meeting Bush!

Originally posted by zsuj
Hi Rajiv,

Just a thought- How about a delegation led by you and the core team meet with President Bush and explain about the hardship we are all facing.

Here is the link i read in times of india on how an attorney met Bush and explained about the H1B problem.

Thanks,
ZSUJ

Sounds like a great Idea! We exhausted all our options in meeting with different people. Why not the President?

Re: Meeting Bush!

Originally posted by zsuj
Hi Rajiv,

Thanks,
ZSUJ

Sounds like a great idea. The President is more accessible now a day since it being the election year. If I am not wrong Attorney Shah met President Bush during Republican fundraiser in LA. In EB cases, our logic would be much stronger as all EB petitioners entered the US legally, have been contributing to the economy for several years, and have paid thousands of $ in taxes, SS and Medicare. That gives all the more reason for community leader like Rajiv to make our heard at the top.

Excellent Job!

Excellent job. Thanks Rajiv and his team.

Your insistance on # 4 will completely eliminate the uncertainty in our lives as far as keeping similar job/position fearing how USCIS will interpret job changes, job promotions and relocations, company mergers/consolidations, etc.

So please, no compromise on that.

Thanks again.

Hi,

I am a newbie in this forum. I have been reading posts from people.

I really appreciate the efforts from all the people.

I am a Jan 2003 concurrent filer of 140/485. Do you still need more plaintiff?

I am sure other people have asked. But can you remind me the legal responsibilities of being a plaintiff in this case?

Best Regards,
Keith

I see some issues you folks have brought up

1. How many plaintiffs we need: Maybe 50-100. Some of them must be non-members of immigrationportal.

2. Why do we need them: to protect against any potential problems that the govt. could try to raise becuase of approval of exisiting pliatiff's 485 (3 are already approved). You will understand better when I post the Motion for Class Certification for all of you to read.

3. Do I still represent everyone, plaintiff or not: Yes. If the court certifies the class, that would certainly formalize this matter.

USCIS seems to be moving

Please see this link that was updated yesterday.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/shared/aboutus/statistics/msrjan04/BENEFIT.HTM

It seems that the impact of Rajiv's lawsuit is that USCIS has finally understood that the backlog cannot go forever. Although there has been decrease in the receipts, which has favored their efforts, the real increase in approvals has started coming since Dec 2003, the time when the lawsuit was filed. Disturbing factor is the increase in denials (which might be because of layoffs while waiting for the green card). I am pretty sure they are paying overtime to the adjudicators.

I am hopeful, further stringent steps by the team headed by Attorney Rajiv Khanna would convince the service the need to clear the backlog ASAP.

Jat

Re: USCIS seems to be moving

Originally posted by jat
Please see this link that was updated yesterday.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/shared/aboutus/statistics/msrjan04/BENEFIT.HTM

Disturbing factor is the increase in denials (which might be because of layoffs while waiting for the green card). I am pretty sure they are paying overtime to the adjudicators.

Jat

This need not be disturbing factor. What typically happens is that if you got pending I-485 , EAD renewal and AP renewal petitions and if 485 petition gets approved then the other two gets denied. These two denials go into that count.

-rajum