Settlement Memorandum Sent

Kudos Mr. Rajiv Kanna

This is great. You are terrific. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. How long do you think it would be before they reply to the proposal? If everything goes well then, these terms and PERM would change the sorry plight of the immigration community. Thanks once again.

Great Job

Great Job, Thanks a lot to Rajiv and this group for wonderful job.

I have a suggestion that we try to stick to our 8 points agenda and try to curtail to the minimum possible and that too only if it is mandatory. Like I140 is tarting point of sufferings before I485 so we have to try to keep all of them in line in tandem. Thanks once again for all the efforts. May God bless all and Good luck

We are moving forward on the litigation.

Rajiv

What do you mean with above, are we going ahead with the class suit...did you hear anything back

Thanks

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by getit
Dear Rajiv,

Do you have an expectation that how long they need to consider our proposal and give you a response? Do they have to give you a reply by Mar. 22 before the extension expires?

Thanks.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a suggestion:

Don't you think it's better to contact some other immigration organizations and get them involved. By doing this we get more united and will have more power. After all each organization has its own contacts and its own voice.

Like:

AILA.org or ...

What do you think?

Thanks,

Originally posted by hopeIgetit

Rajiv

What do you mean with above, are we going ahead with the class suit...did you hear anything back

Thanks

quote:
Dear Rajiv,

Do you have an expectation that how long they need to consider our proposal and give you a response? Do they have to give you a reply by Mar. 22 before the extension expires?

Thanks.

So far, the govt has failed to cooperate with us on all suggestions. That could be just the lawyers being cautious. Now the ball is in CIS' court. The lawyers were suggesting we hold off filing the class action motion. I declined. See my response to the govt. today:

"...your client has so far shown us no consideration. Accordingly, rules permitting, I do intend to oppose any enlargements of time. This lawsuit is about delays. I feel duty bound to most vigorously object. Sorry about that."

But they are still thinking about our settlement. The point is, we are not going to sit still while they think things out. I have a time table in mind. We must proceed. If they make me an offer, I will bring it to you all. If not, we fight.

Originally posted by afshin63130
I have a suggestion:

Don't you think it's better to contact some other immigration organizations and get them involved. By doing this we get more united and will have more power. After all each organization has its own contacts and its own voice.

Like:

AILA.org or ...

What do you think?

Thanks,

sure. No harm.

Outstanding!!

This is outstanding Rajiv!!....Exemplary leadership displayed by the core team and yourself........thanks a LOT for your help!

Item #4

Rajiv and the Core Team,

Thank you for your superb efforts in the fight for our just cause.

On item #4, I support the unyielding stance taken by Rajiv.

Rajiv, Does this item definition cover the applicants whose cases have been transferred to the local offices and have been waiting for weeks/months for an interview? Specifically EB related? Obviously, we do not want to leave a loophole whereby CIS transfers cases to local offices and claims backlog reduction/elimination.

Thanks & Best Regards.

Rajiv,

God bless you. We all know it is difficult journey but your efforts will bring success for you and all immigrants.

Originally posted by 140_takes_4ever
Rajiv,

Do you have a deadline as to when you expect the govt. to get back to you on the demands?

There is no deadline, unfortunately. From next week, we will start looking at some options to hurry the litigation along.

concurrent filers

Originally posted by operations
There is no deadline, unfortunately. From next week, we will start looking at some options to hurry the litigation along.

Rajiv/ Senior members,

Does Item #4 includes concurrent filers, If I-140 is not approved/ I-485 is pending for more than 6 months.

If any one has already answered this question would you please point me to that thread.

Thanks,

Rajiv,

But what is the deadline CIS promised us to reply before the end of March after one month extension? Maybe I misunderstood the meaning of "30 days extension of lawsuit".

Thanks

Re: concurrent filers

Item #1 and #2 specify that I140 be processed within 180 days (even without premium processing).

Originally posted by dilhem
Rajiv/ Senior members,

Does Item #4 includes concurrent filers, If I-140 is not approved/ I-485 is pending for more than 6 months.

If any one has already answered this question would you please point me to that thread.

Thanks,

The 30 day extension was for the Govt to reply to the courts on Rajiv's lawsuit. I am not exactly sure, but I believe we can settle even after the matter goes to the court, Rajiv correct me if I am wrong.

Rajiv,

But what is the deadline CIS promised us to reply before the end of March after one month extension? Maybe I misunderstood the meaning of "30 days extension of lawsuit".

Thanks

Re: Item #4

Originally posted by 485Alcatraz
Rajiv and the Core Team,

Rajiv, Does this item definition cover the applicants whose cases have been transferred to the local offices and have been waiting for weeks/months for an interview? Specifically EB related? Obviously, we do not want to leave a loophole whereby CIS transfers cases to local offices and claims backlog reduction/elimination.

Thanks & Best Regards.

All EB cases with pending 485 are covered (including local office cases).

Re: Item #4

Originally posted by 485Alcatraz
Rajiv and the Core Team,

Thanks & Best Regards.

All EB cases with pending 485 are covered (including local office cases).

Originally posted by hrithikroshan11
Hi Rajiv,

Please let me know if you would like me to add myself as a plaintiff to the petition.

Is this a class suit or is it going to benefit only the plaintiffs whose names are mentioned on the petition?

Thank you,
Hrithik

Please check your PM. I requested further details this morning.