September 2008 filers, Post here

same here. It doesnt matter if you have sent your application through a lawyer or not. USCIS doesnt care for this. All they want is necessary documents to process it. When one is dealing with USCIS, luck plays the part.

Also people who filed in the first week are getting their EADs/AP. You are second week filer and I am third. I think if we don't get in next 2 weeks then we should be calling USCIS and whatnot.

It is always good to be on the top of everything. Let me know if you hear anything from them in a day or two (because of service request). I may try it too.

aprroval

I put service request two hours later i received the email from cris card prodution ordered

Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On December 1, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I dont know why i have not received my EAD letter yet i
from New jersey
sent to chicago

date sent: 09/12/08
receive date: 09/15/08
check cashed: 09/19/08
NOA received: 09/20/08 Gud Day
FP-10/04/2008
I called uscis today and they open service request for me so i dont know its right or wrong by calling them the lady was nice and she suggested me to open service request they said they send me email or letter telling me why my case is delayed...... i dont know i did right thing........ I applied through lawyer may be thats why its taking long time i am not sure cauz i have seen some ppl same as my date have already received there ead or atleast got approval notice my status never changed since day one

Last edited by a moderator:
:)congrats gc2008. Hopefully I have mine by the end of this week.

it's weird becuz i just got LUD on my 765 again with the same message.
what's going on?
so do i wait for 10days from 25th or 28th?

I received the same message twice as well, three days apart. So did some other people in previous months. It seems the second one is sent when they actually produce the physical card, so count 10 days from the first message but adjust for Thanksgiving break!

Did you get before making request or after making request. Do you remember the options which one has to dial to talk to customer service?

so I just celled them for service request but they asked me to wait for 75 days before they can open any service request for my case. I think I will have to wait 9 more days for this.

What did they tell you GC2008 because even you have not completed 75 days?

Got my IL today for 01/30/09....wooooohhhooooo:D:D:D Hope I get my EAD soon!
I did not expect DC to be this fast....Wish all Sep filers get their IL before Christmas!

hi

i just called them asked about my status and i said i dont know how long i have wait i dont know whats going on she told me to hold on and then i gave her my receive date which was 15th sep so she said i can open service requesti said is it good to open service request she yes there will be no problem ...after few hours i receive the email i read this before in the blogs that someone did the same and they got approval to so i thought give it a shot

so I just celled them for service request but they asked me to wait for 75 days before they can open any service request for my case. I think I will have to wait 9 more days for this.

What did they tell you GC2008 because even you have not completed 75 days?

Awww I didn't know you could get the IL before the EAD aww!!1

If 90 days goes by then you can do a Info Pass to get your EAD, Is that true fellows?

So it's the automatic machine that make the order production?

Than you greencard2008

I am first week and I haven't get nothing I try to do a service request tomorrow.

I received the same message twice as well, three days apart. So did some other people in previous months. It seems the second one is sent when they actually produce the physical card, so count 10 days from the first message but adjust for Thanksgiving break!

so i guess i should be getting my EAD around 12/5/08
if the 10-day rule still works for me huh?
but yah.. just like you said.. Thanksgiving was there shoot!!! :mad:

If you look at the timelines, sometimes it takes less than 10 days, for example jbak got his in 8, so 10 is just an estimate.

I asked because I am on H-1B since 06 and waiting for EAD so I can stop paying cut to my employer from my consulting rate.

Do you know what will the duration for EAD? Will it be for 2 years like conditional GC?

I asked because I am on H-1B since 06 and waiting for EAD so I can stop paying cut to my employer from my consulting rate.

Do you know what will the duration for EAD? Will it be for 2 years like conditional GC?

The EAD will be good for one year. If you don't get your GC by next year, then you can file to get another EAD based on the same pending I-485.