September 2008 filers, Post here

my filing date 12th sep no update yet for me check everyday twice i dont know whats going on........ its taking longer for september filer to get ead.....i will update if anything changes

RD- 15th sep
ND-18th Sep same as your BTn but my status stays same

congrats BTN you will get your ead on next friday for sure

Thanks..Yours should get approved on Friday or Monday..
BTN

Just received EAD card in the mail today
Woohoo
Now I'm wondering...so do i use EAD card to apply for social security number? and what else can i do with it besides using it to work?

same boat here

my filing date 12th sep no update yet for me check everyday twice i dont know whats going on........ its taking longer for september filer to get ead.....i will update if anything changes

RD- 15th sep
ND-18th Sep same as your BTn but my status stays same

congrats BTN you will get your ead on next friday for sure

my RD is 9/18 and still no EAD. I believe this is because things slow down during the holidays and especially after the elections. gud luck!

here is my experience after I got the EAD I went and applied for SS# this was 2 days after I got my EAD , they said its not in their system so it will take 6 weeks to verify if the EAD is true or false.

I came back home and called USCIS, the customer service lady said I need to make an infopass and update my EAD, the USCIS office is 5 mins from where I live so i walked in for an infopass, told them i didnt have time to log on the internet and stuff, the immigration officer was very pleasant he said "sometimes people working here can be so dumb, they issued you the EAD but didnt update the system,sorry for the inconvinience and I have updated your info you can now go and get your number from the SS office", next day I went to the SS office and they gave me a number and said I will have the card in mail in about 5 days, hope this helps

i just got my IL today, so exited the interview is on January 15 2009 Cleveland OH :):).the letter was sent on the 21st, day before the EAD came.i guess they are working pretty fast here.

Hi All,

One Good news. My EAD is not approved yet but i got interview letter today for Jan 29. Thanks everyone and All the best for all Septmber filers.

Got my AP Today!, but my EAD hasn't arrived yet :-(... hopefully by Monday... I have a question for the people who already have a Social Security card... Does the SS Card say something like "Valid only with DHS authorization"... I'm asking this because in 2006 I came with a work visa for 3 months, and they gave me a SS card by that time. Then I came here as an F1 Student and of course I wasn't able to work. However, I kept my old SS card j (Which says "Valid only with DHS Authorization")just in case, and now that I'm going to have my EAD card in a couple of days, I don;t know if I have to apply for a new SS card....

Well your EAD is the DHS authorization, so I doubt you need or even would be able to get a new SS card without that restriction printed on it. But you should ask somebody who has been in a similar situation.

Got my AP Today!, but my EAD hasn't arrived yet :-(... hopefully by Monday... I have a question for the people who already have a Social Security card... Does the SS Card say something like "Valid only with DHS authorization"... I'm asking this because in 2006 I came with a work visa for 3 months, and they gave me a SS card by that time. Then I came here as an F1 Student and of course I wasn't able to work. However, I kept my old SS card j (Which says "Valid only with DHS Authorization")just in case, and now that I'm going to have my EAD card in a couple of days, I don;t know if I have to apply for a new SS card....

You are good with your current one. You can only get it changed once your GC is approved.

Hi All,

One Good news. My EAD is not approved yet but i got interview letter today for Jan 29. Thanks everyone and All the best for all Septmber filers.

Congrats pat_val!!!! I haven't heard anything from USCIS... Hopefully, I'll get IL also soon !! I'm happy for you bro!! :p

bearcat82 you are the luckiest among all. Within 3 months you will get ur GC if everything goes smoothly. Pat_Val, there are many people who filed before you but they havent even got EAD/AP and you got the IL Letter.

Congrats both of you.

it's weird becuz i just got LUD on my 765 again with the same message.
what's going on?
so do i wait for 10days from 25th or 28th?

I dont know why i have not received my EAD letter yet i
from New jersey
sent to chicago

date sent: 09/12/08
receive date: 09/15/08
check cashed: 09/19/08
NOA received: 09/20/08 Gud Day
FP-10/04/2008
I called uscis today and they open service request for me so i dont know its right or wrong by calling them the lady was nice and she suggested me to open service request they said they send me email or letter telling me why my case is delayed...... i dont know i did right thing........ I applied through lawyer may be thats why its taking long time i am not sure cauz i have seen some ppl same as my date have already received there ead or atleast got approval notice my status never changed since day one

Last edited by a moderator: