September 2008 filers, Post here

I got my EAD approval today! (Day 77)!!! it say's "Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you"... Does somebody know how long does it take between approval and receiving it on the mail... I know it says 30 days, but I would bet is less than that...

Cafesanu:
How about your advance parole? I thought both get approved at the same time.

BTN

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I believe both were approved, Both I-765, & I-131 were updated today on USCIS page, My I-765 page says that USCIS ordered My EAD, However my I-131 page doesn't say anything, it just said it was updated... so I think both are going to be on my mail, although I'm not sure ....

I got my EAD approval today! (Day 77)!!! it say's "Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you"... Does somebody know how long does it take between approval and receiving it on the mail... I know it says 30 days, but I would bet is less than that...

Just about like regular mail - 3 days in my case.

hello doctor 1 did you apply for ssn and what documents they asked you when you apply for ssn

thanks

Yes I applied for SS# , they asked for my passport and EAD card , but when I showed them my drivers license they returned my passport and told me that the DL and EAD are enough, the lady then started looking something up on the computer, she couldnt see my detailts on her comp , told me that it will take up to 6 weeks for the card to be mailed, but I heard one can go and ask for the SS# and they will give it to you, is that true?

so I was thinking if I dont get EAD/AP by end of this month, I will schedule an Infopass and will talk to my local office about the status. It has been 66 Days since the application sent.

I got my EAD approved today!!! Yey!!!
I'm so happy and I hope everyone will have their good news soon!!!

so I was thinking if I dont get EAD/AP by end of this month, I will schedule an Infopass and will talk to my local office about the status. It has been 66 Days since the application sent.

Per the USCIS website, you can only contact them for your EAD after 75 days from the receipt date on the application (not the date you mailed it).
That is what I did. I called and they opened a Service Request for the issue.
Same day I called, they approved it and next day I got a letter in the mail about my inquiry saying they approved the EAD and card is in production.
(Lee's Summit is 20 mins away from where I live and that is why I got the letter next day. That was so fast I guess).

Congrats. It seems everybody who has filed in first week of September has started getting EAD. Cafesanu, Doctor, , bsd815jbak_ip etc all are first week filers.

I filed on 19th so EAD should be here in 2-3 weeks' time. I just want to change my employer ASAP.

Bronx, NY

They recieved the application on the 5th of september, I got a LUD or a letter requesting more evidence, sent it back and they recieved it on October the 8th It's been almost 49 days after octuber the 8th and the uptdate on the web or "Case status" says they received the notice requesting more evidece and that they will send a notice withing 60 days.

I have one friend that received his work permit a week in a haft ago and we sent the request of evidence notice back about the same time and I have still gotten the AED. Somebody said that after 75 days is ok to call them and ask them about the status.

Bearcat82 did your online case status got updated as well?

proud_pal, emiko, and jbak_ip, please let us know when you get your cards in the mail. I'd like to know if Thanksgiving affects the usual 10-day update-to-receive EAD period

hi every body!
I am new here so i have a couple of things that I dont know!
what ARE LUD, RFE, ND, RD, NOA, ???
My case was sent on september 12th,2008
Receipt date was september 15th,2008
I-130: 09/15/2008
I-485: 09/15/2008
I-765: 09/15/2008
I-131: 09/15/2008

hi every body!
I am new here so i have a couple of things that I dont know!
what ARE LUD, RFE, ND, RD, NOA, ???
My case was sent on september 12th,2008
Receipt date was september 15th,2008
I-130: 09/15/2008
I-485: 09/15/2008
I-765: 09/15/2008
I-131: 09/15/2008

LUD: Last update on your case on USCIS website:
NOA: Notice of Action (Receipt notice issued)
ND: Notice Date:
Rd: Receipt Date:
RFE: Request for Evidence( Additional documents required by USCIS )

EAD and Advance Parole approved

Good News for Sep 2nd week filers...Online status was updated today, displaying both EAD and Advance Parole approval notice sent on 11/26/08. How long will it take to get EAD card and Advance Parole in hand?

BTN

my filing date 12th sep no update yet for me check everyday twice i dont know whats going on........ its taking longer for september filer to get ead.....i will update if anything changes

RD- 15th sep
ND-18th Sep same as your BTn but my status stays same

congrats BTN you will get your ead on next friday for sure