September 2005 cases

Is it possible to get direct denial on I140 without RFE?

Hi, friends,
From what you have scanned, are there some cases get direct denial even without asking for RFE? How likely is that? Thanks!!!!

I-140
RD 9/29
ND 10/07

Still waiting!!

WhyThisDelay said:
My 140/485 forms were sent today by my lawyer. So I guess RD will be 9/28/05, ND - yet to be known.
did you do your biometric for AOS and EAD together or separately.

nikedude,

I have to run scanner in windows machine. If its linux or others I could have done it in lot of other ways
innovatively w/ any kind of editor to extract the data. As I said, some how I couldnot run the scanner
in linux. Let me see if I can copy over the status file into linux and do all that. Best thing would be, since
"he" had added lot of other features, he might have added this masking stuff also. Correct! By the way,
if you are Java guy, you can add it too...its just like freeware script and you can add/modify or suggest
some thing else to it. Anyways...let me see what I can do with the status file to post it here.

nikedude said:
I normally redirect the o/p to a file and open it in vim and use the command
(^v<select-region>4rx) to mask it out. It takes less than 30 seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Transferred to Texas

I got the following email just now.

On March 22, 2006, we transferred your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER to an office in TEXAS SERVICE CENTER for processing. That office has jurisdiction over the case. They will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times

I don't know if it is for good or bad ..CSC suck in everything .

Mine is ND : 09/29

Mine transferred to TSC too

I was hoping for a decision, but got an email saying my I140 is transferred to TSC. Dont know what it means.. I hope they pick it up fast.

Mine is EB1

My God. I got email just a few mins ago that my second I-140 (I have two pending in CSC, one in EB1 OR with RD 9/28/05, one in EB2 PERM with RD of 11/21/05). Both cases are tranferred.

Now are they start transferring Sep 05 cases.

badtiming said:
I was hoping for a decision, but got an email saying my I140 is transferred to TSC. Dont know what it means.. I hope they pick it up fast.

Mine is EB1

To badtiming

Hi, badtiming,

What's your EB1 category. Are you apply for OR?

badtiming said:

Mine is EB1

Just got an e-mail that my petition has been transferred to TSC.
ND 09/27/05 (EB2-NIW)

jbxieperm2005 said:
My God. I got email just a few mins ago that my second I-140 (I have two pending in CSC, one in EB1 OR with RD 9/28/05, one in EB2 PERM with RD of 11/21/05). Both cases are tranferred.

Now are they start transferring Sep 05 cases.

Are you concurrent filer?
Dam thing is, we got to wait couple of more weeks for TSC to be up and running....

inque said:
Just Got a mail. I-140 application transferred to Texas. ND Oct 4th.

LaxmanGupt said:
Just got an e-mail that my petition has been transferred to TSC.
ND 09/27/05 (EB2-NIW)

Mine got transfered to Texas also. Just got an email too. EB2-NIW. ND: 10/04/05 - concurrent filer

Are they closing California Service Center?

I-140 Transfer

Yes, I am a concurrent filer. I think my I-485 has been moved to Vermont.Am yet to recieve an e-mail for the latter. Hard to predict what impact this transfer would have on the processing. Since I am from retro country a slight delay in I-140 processing wont matter much. I hope I-1485 processing improves once my PD becomes current.

perm_faq said:
Are you concurrent filer?
Dam thing is, we got to wait couple of more weeks for TSC to be up and running....

See the news

03/23/2006: When Will the USCIS Disclose the Details of Its Transformation Program?

In November 2005, GAO criticized the USCIS the ineffective management and operation of the immigration benefits presenting the two serious problems: One was the security risk and the other was backlog elimination. The current structure of the four Service Centers was cited one of the causes and the GAO recommended to streamline the operation into a single centralized structure in order to avoid the faults in security management and backlog elimination meeting the Bush's five-year 6-month processing time target date of September 30, 2007. The USCIS partially disagreed and in response to the criticism, it first released the outline of the USCIS' ongoing transformation program which included, among others, electronic filing of the immigration benefits petitions and applications with the embedded biometric clearance requirement for filing, and restructuring of the current four Service Centers into two Centers. One Center appeared to Vermont Service Center with the current Nebraska Service Center under its command as the Satellite Center, and the other Center appeared to be California Service Center with the current Texas Service Center under its command as the Satellite Center. Accordingly beginning the new year, the immigrant community has witnessed the swifting of files among Service Centers and the USCIS pressing ahead the electronic filing program.
Lately the EB-485 filers in Califonia Service Centers have received that their cases have been transferred to the Texas Service Center. Earlier the family-based I-130 petitioners had received a notice that their cases had been transferred to the Carlifornia Service Center. At this point, there is no official report about the details of ongoing streamlining of processing of immigration benefits and planned restructuring of the processing centers. The customers are concerned that the ongoing transformation may affect the processing of their cases, particularly the processing times, and we urge the USCIS leadership to release the details of its transformation program and its schedule of implementation. The last we heard that the USCIS was targeting to complete the transformation program by the end of this fiscal year, September 30, 2006. We also urge the AILA to work with the USCIS HQ and give a guidance to the immigrant community and their constituents. Predictability of administration should be an important goal for the government service agencies.

Looks like EB2-NIWs, EB1 and EB3 are the ones in Sept'05 are moved to TSC so far......
No Email to me yet!!

inque said:
Yes, I am a concurrent filer. I think my I-485 has been moved to Vermont.Am yet to recieve an e-mail for the latter. Hard to predict what impact this transfer would have on the processing. Since I am from retro country a slight delay in I-140 processing wont matter much. I hope I-1485 processing improves once my PD becomes current.

Something to understand..

perm_faq said:
Whats your case details?
In recent meetings with industry groups, officials of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) have indicated that, as of April 1, 2006, the agency will begin to transition to "bi-specialization" -- a workload reorganization program that will centralize adjudications at USCIS Service Centers by application or petition type, rather than geographically. Under current procedures, most Service Centers have jurisdiction over specific geographic areas, and are responsible for adjudication of a range of application and petition types. As we have reported previously, the bi-specialization program has been under discussion at the agency for some time; however, in recent weeks, USCIS officials have decided to accelerate implementation of the program.

Though the specifics of the program are still being planned and remain subject to change, as of April 1, 2006, all newly filed H-1B cases are expected to be centralized at the Vermont Service Center (VSC). Note, however, that at least initially, there will no immediate change to filing addresses, and H-1B cases will not be refused if they are filed at Service Centers other than the VSC. USCIS will use a commercial overnight service, DHL, to transfer to the VSC those cases that are filed at other Service Centers. Officials have noted that there may be a one-day delay in receipt of cases, but it is not clear whether this will affect the promised 15-day turnaround time for cases filed under the Premium Processing Service.

In July, all other nonimmigrant worker petitions filed on USCIS Form I-129, the nonimmigrant worker petition, are expected to be split between the Vermont and California Service Centers. Between July and September 2006, Form I-140 employment-based immigrant petitions, Form I-130 family-based immigrant petitions and Form I-485 applications for adjustment of status are projected to be moved to the Texas and Nebraska Service Centers. Other application and petition types will be centralized at the Nebraska and Texas Service Centers. Note that bi-specialization is likely to affect sole jurisdiction, a program that allows approved employers to file all their cases at a single Service Center, regardless of the geographical location of the position.

USCIS is expected to issue a formal announcement of the program, with implementation details and information on changes to filing procedures and addresses, before the end of this month. Full implementation of the bi-specialization program should be completed by September 2006. We will continue to monitor the implementation of bi-specialization, and will issue further updates as the agency announces its specific plans and instructions.