Sept, VSC I-824 to NVC cases

rajum,avi,raj........

Why our cases are not with NVC. It could be due to many reasons:

1. Change from AOS to CP:
Do we know any other people whose case is similar to us and case is already with NVC. If not then is there any procedure of file transfer from service center to NVC. I remember when my case was approved for AOS and I spoke to VSC regarding request to change to CP, they said that they have to get file from some office and send it to operations dept. to approve it for CP. Can somebody double check this from VSC.

2. Do we call VSC and NVC too often.

3. Our case was sent together to NVC and mail was lost and lying somwhere with taliban.

Time frame for I 824 receipt

Could someone please let me know how long it is currently taking the VSC for I 824 receipt ?

No Title

CANiGETgc,avi@vsc,rajc,Gogc and all others,
    Can we do something with respect to our cases....like sending letters to the VSC with a copy to NVC...or something like that...or can we send through our attorneys...or whatever....this is frustrating than I-140 and I-824 approval for me.....

thanks,
raju

I think we should write to VSC and NVC

I just spoke with NVC operator. He checked his system but could not find any trace of my case. He asked me to call my attorney and ask them to contact NVC about it. Also he reminded me same old 90 day stuff.
I guess we should just right to VSC and NVC and let them know that we few are waiting too long. Other cases are gone through within weeks.

NVC Case created :eek:)

When I called NVC today , the AVM said the golden words :
"your case is current. A packet of forms and instructions regarding further processing will be sent to the attorney of record"

Here are my details :

I-824 applied : 8/29
I-824 RD : 9/12
I-824 approved: 10/15
NVC case created: 10/22

I guess I have a slight chance for a January date.
Hang on there guys. All the best....

No Title

rajc,
   You mentioned that NVC operator asked your attorney to call them.....but why ? Anyway, you are the beneficiary...or they mean to call after 90 days....
And second thing, How we will proceed...shall we write to VSC and NVC separately or combinedly....

thanks,
raju

I doubt this will work with VSC

They won\'t accept our request as we are beneficiary. As far as NVC is concerned, they haven\'t received the petition and there is no way to trace with them.
If we get any record of mail from VSC that it has been mailed to NVC on such date, we stand a chance to locate our file. We need to involve our lawyers in this phase.
I spoke to NVC...no luck today.Going to call VSC tomorrow. Sometimes, I have encountered nice IIO\'s.

Attorney has all the details and I don\'t

Rajum,

Actually the person I talked today was very cooperative. He first searched on my last name, first name, birth date etc. But could not find my case. Then he asked me if I have INS case no and AD date. But I don\'t have stuff. That\'s when he told me to ask attorney to call them.
As CANiGETGC suggested only our attorneys can handle this matter at this point. So let us persue that way. My HR has already asked me to wait till Nov 4th (60 days) before starting to track the packet.

So guys keep posted if any of you hear any news on this front. Most likely envelop of our cases are lost somewhere.

No Title

CANiGETgc,rajc,avi@vsc and others,
    I am planning to file I-824 once again....
     Now today also I spoke with NVC..today operator is good and she said that she cannot suggest any other alternative other than waiting for 90 days. She said that I have to call them after 90 days and after that they will send a query to VSC and then VSC will take their own sweet time to reply it...I asked her whether there is any time bound for VSC to reply to them and she said that she doesn\'t know...

I thought that we should not fell into the loop. Then two alternatives left for us. One trying for AC-140 with chennai and second thing is filing another I-824 with the same consulate and everything is the same. Considering even the PRB case and many other cases including the letter posted by Murthy\'s site in December, I am not optimist for AC-140 with Chennai...and with that left
the option of filing I-824 once again....

I am looking forward for your suggestions...

thanks,
Punnam Manthena

Request the IIO @VSC to re-send your I-824 approval notice to NVC

I had this situation that my I-140 got approved for Consular but with a different consulate in India. I had my lawyer send my perm. address in India and request for change in consulate. It seems that VSC sent a duplicate of my I-140 approval to NVC and I got the change of consulate within a week.How I know this ?Because my I-140 approval message changed after I requested the consulate change and the message mentioned a duplicate was sent.

So, I would suggest you to somehow get hold of Vermont Center IIO and explain your situation and request them to send a copy of your I-824 approval to them again. I believe the IIO will not speak directly to you so maybe you could have your HR person speak to them and explain the situation and that you are suffering for no fault of yours. These folks at Vermont are quite helpful (that is if you get hold of one ).

good luck!

No Title

Hemmy,
  Thank you very much...I really appreciate from deep of my heart as I am desparately waiting for some advice on this issue. I will take a print out of this mail and show it to my attorney to take further action on this.
   However, I got one questions ....At any point of time is your paperwork untraceable....before you asked for change of consulate. From your mail, it seems your paper work is traceable but now our problem is our paperwork is not traceable.

Hemmy, Can do me a favor...can you send me your phone number to
punnamr@hotmail.com so that I can talk to you....

thanks,
raju

No luck

Raju,

I am planning to talk to my HR on Monday. Let\'s see what happen from there. I am hoping if they can not trace my case, then probably ask VSC to resend the duplicate case again to NVC. OR opt for AC-I140.

Keep informed.

No Title

I have applied for I-824 again on Friday. So, lets see what happens now.

thanks,
raju

No Title

rajc,
   Have you talked to your HR yesterday....
Any progress on your case....
thanks,
raju