Sept, VSC I-824 to NVC cases

Thanks Guys!!

Thanks PRB & Avi@VSC.. for ur response....
I\'ll give a shot by calling NVC and see what they have to say about my file transfer from VSC.

Cheers

No Title

Avi@VSC,
   What happened to your case ? Has it reached NVC...mine no luck even today....

thanks,
raju

No case # from NVC yet................

I-140 AD:9/13/01(for CP)
Initial I-140 AD:8/20/01(for AOS)

File not yet received by NVC.

No Title

CANiGETgc,
   I am confused about your case. You got approved for AOS and then applied for I-824 which got approved on 9/13/2001
or something different

thanks,
raju

You are somewhat right.....

My I-140 was filed with AOS option. Before approval, my lawyer filed I-824 followed by letter requesting chenge to CP from AOS. Then I-140 got approved on 8/20/01 with AOS. Till then, we did not received receipt notice of I-824. My always helpful Lawyer spoke to them again and told them about 824 and request letter. They replied that they will check the letter and if there is any request, it will be changed to CP and new notice will be sent to us. The case was then approved on 9/13/01. Got notice after 1 week. No news of 824 reciept or approval yet.
Now waiting for NVC to receive then issue a case number. Its already 3 weeks but no case # yet. Hope this clarifies.

Raj, i\'m in same boat for 824

VSC

824 RD 7/6/2001
824 ND 8/28/2001 and approved on same day

Have called NVC a number of times but voice msg indicates no receipt of case from INS. Spoke to NVC operator whose said they open mails daily and that if case had reached them, she would know. So, I think case is still with INS.

Whats the best time to call VSC? I\'m been trying for days now at 802-527-4913 throughout the day and the number is always engaged.

Will keep you guys posted. Ciao

-GoGC

No Title

GoGC,
    It looks like number of people in the same boat. Myself,Rajc,CANiGETgc and yourself.
  My wife called in the morning and she always got the line whenever she tried. She continuously tried for 10 to 15 minutes.
Once she spoke with VSC, they said that they already dispatched and my attorney has called once and the VSC says that they already dispatched....
  NVC operator said the same thing that it will be in the system once they received by post...and they always ask to wait for 90 days before we can take any action....

Don\'t know what to do....now, I am almost resigned to the fact that it will take another 7 months to 8 months...complain after 90 days i.e. 2 months from now and then it will take another one month to two months to track it and then one month to recieve packet 3. after that two to three months to get interview date...now already 4 months has passed....this might be the biggest mistake otherwise I would have got EAD by now and may be I would have got my green card faster with AOS than CP...

anyway, let us pray that we will get out of this trap at the earliest,

thanks,
raju

No Title

CANiGETgc,
    Hope so.......
Desparately waiting....Now, I am realizing that in America why people sue for depression, mental agony and what not...till now, I use to think these are cosmopolitan concepts....
anyway, in this case we cannot sue also....

hope all of us will come out of this loop at the earliest...

thanks,
raju

No dice today...........

Called NVC and spoke to operator. No luck today.....tomorrow is another new day................

No Title

Me too...no luck yesterday...lets see today.....
same stuff...NVC operator says that they have not received... contact VSC...

thanks,
raju

No news yet.................

Spoke to NVC as well as VSC...still no good news !!!!
VSC says wait for another week.

No Title

CANiGETgc,
   What is the issue...finally, VSC accepted that the file is with them ?
In my case, they are saying that they already mailed it...whether this means gone from the officers desk to the front mail room ...no idea...
One more frustrating thing is Chennai does not accept AC-140...

thanks,
raju

no progress

Called up NVC. They dont have my case and say it is with VSC.
They asked to verify that the CP approval notice does not specify
adjustment of status in the fine print because if it does, VSC could think it is NVC and not mailed it. One thing is clear, the operator said is that your case should have been with us, please check with VSC

Called up VSC

They asked me to wait for a week to 10 days.

Will keep you posted.
Hope we all get thro\' these times.Keep the faith!

GoGc

PRB..I-824 details??

PRb..

Can you please publish your I-140, I-824, PKT3, PKT4, Interview details..??

Thanks!
Kumar

Might be in transit

Rajum,
What they said that it has been dispatched but it might means that it is dispached from the person working on it to the mailing room.
She told me to wait for another week or so. My case got approved on Sep 13.
When I spoke to NVC, they said that the file is physically not present in their facility. When it comes to receiving room, they scan it. Once it is scanned, they know that is is physically present but not in the system to generate case #. After few days, it is put in main system.

Keeping the faith...........

No Title

Thanks CANiGETgc,
  I am also of the same opinion. God forbid my worst fear has it got lost in this transferring process...

Lets keep faith,

thanks,
raju