Sept, VSC I-824 to NVC cases

Thanks for query

vsc_dhavam,
You would have found the answer to this, if you would have read my previous postings. I tried that very hard before going to this NVC mess. But my company does not allow to do ACI-140.
That would have been the best option as I belong to Bombay consulate.

Thanks for query.

Good News

Krack - Check you private messages

Some good news to brighten up this doom and gloom. Dublin accepcted my AC\'d documents. They told me to call back mid Dec for a Jan interview date

Update on my case

Hi Guys,
Today I got update from my HR. INS has sent my case to NVC without I-140 file. They just sent I-824 approval. That\'s why NVC never created packet III. Now INS has asked NVC to send back the file and they will resend it to NVC with complete documents. But nobody can tell how long this whole thing will take.
Lost all hopes !!!

Any updates..........

My HR spoke to them and they got file again from storage in WV and will send approved I-140 again to NVC.Three months will be completed on Dec 13. This is ultimate test of patience.

Yes it is ultimate test

My 3 months are over on Dec 3rd since I-824 got approved. I don\'t have any update whether INS has resent the file or not. But possibly they nay still be waiting to get incomplete file from NVC.
Keeping finger cross.
Keep posting your updates. We are few guys in this situation and it is very important we should keep updated each other.
There is new discuss on PCC now. I don\'t know what\'s true and what\'s false. My attorney has not replied to my query about PCC.

RajC

No Title

Hi Rajc & CANiGETgc,
   Nothing happened on my front...Somehow, NVC has issued a letter thay they didn\'t have the file...My attorney has called INS and they asked us to file for duplicate I-140 petition. So, I filled the same I-140 petition after full thirteen months....and send to INS. The file came back saying it does not have the necessary fees..IIO told that fees is not necessary(my spouse is witness to the attorney and IIO conversation). So once again resent the form with the necessary fees....today the receipt notice came...saying that they have receieved my I-140 petition and it may take 90-150 days to process with the new EAC number.....so new wait has began.... started....meanwhile, this week I sent AC-140 to chennai but I am not hoping anything in that...because Chennai religiously rejects and there is no strong reason I can give for hard ship....
Meanwhile I have no clue of the I-824 petition which I filed on Oct\'28 th...neither notice letter came nor approval nor rejection...anyway, I am also not taking this petition seriously....

I am trying to forget the fact that I ever applied for Green card...and stopped looking at this portal also as whenever I see I am unnecessary getting disappointed....

Wish you all the best,

thanks,
raju

That\'s the way to handle it

Yes Rajum,
I agree. It\'s better not to look at this portal very frequently and lose the peace of mind. I told my HR also to do what ever they want. I am not going to do any followup. At least it will keep away from frustation/stress building in our minds.
I will suggest, there is nothing we can discuss or do about it. So best is to just keep posting if anybody has any change in their status.
Good luck everybody.

RajC

At last.....case reached NVC.....close to 100 days!!!!!!

I-140 RD: Sep 13,2001
NVC RD: Dec 18
Case not created yet.
I called today and they received on 18th.
My HR contacted IIO in VSC and they got file from storage in WV. They resend the petition to NVC on Dec 11. This time it managed to reach NVC.

It is my christmas gift from VSC. It took close to 100 days to reach the case from VSC to NVC.

No Title

Heartiest congratulations !!!!!

I am extremely happy for you...it\'s really great Christmas gift.....
Wish you merry Christmas...

thanks,
Raju

THANKS A MILLION

Now because of change in packet system fron NVC, I hope there is no more surprises to deal with. Already it took hell of a time to reach this stage.

Wishing you and Rajc good luck .....

Congratulations and Good Luck

Hi CANiGETgc,
Congratulations. Finally you are our of INS mess. My lawyer got info from INS that they are going to send my case back to NVC during 2nd week of Jan. Let\'s see what happens.
Did you get your PCC ready ?

RajC

No Title

Rajc,
  I could not follow your mail ...if INS knows the file has been missed then why they wait till the second week of Jan...

did your attorney filed duplicate I-140 like me...

thanks,
raju

No duplicate I-140

Rajum,
No my attorney did not filed for duplicate I-140. Actually my comp. never called NVC in first 2 months to check for packet III. When I insisted a lot, they called NVC and then NVC checked thouroghly and found that INS has send them incomplete file. I guess they just found I-824 approval, but I-140 case was missing. So then NVC and INS got in touch with each other. INS asked NVC to resend that incomplete file back to them. INS is suppose to complete the file and send it to NVC now. But INS is asking till Jan 2nd week to do that.
So the documents are there, nothing is missing. But they were not together. That\'s why no need for duplicate I-140.
God knows what\'s going to happen next. I read starting from Jan, whole CP process is changing. Instead of sending packet III to India, it need to be send to NVC. Waiting to get PCC from Indian embassy at WDC. Now I feel it would have been lot better to file 485 back in May.

RajC

No Title

Rajc,
   The same with me....We would have got our finger printing and now March 15 th is running...we should have got green cards in another two or three months...
sometimes, I am wondering shall I apply for 485 and so this headache
of file missing and all may not have araised....

this is biggest mistake I have ever made in my life...

thanks,
raju

what does the approval notice say?

On mine, it is written that "The above application has been approved. We have notified the consulate listed above that the applicant\'s status has been adjusted to that of a lawful permanent resident. ...."
But my question is that my status is still nonimmigrant. I didn\'t do adjustment of status in the States. How come the approval notice said I have been adjusted to that? Is this normal? Any gurus have any idea? I am worrying that INS just sent a notice to the consulate and didn\'t send my case to NVC.
Thanks.

No Title

I am from Chennai Consulate...Chennai consulate till now not approved any single AC-140 case...they always deny in the name of workload....

thanks,
raju

No Title

No, it is not normal...it has to say that if you don\'t receive anything from NVC within them then contact them ....

Please contact your attorney...there might be something wrong...

thanks,
Raju