San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

DISTRICT OFFICE: SAN JOSE, CA

05/28/2009 - N-400 mailed to Phoenix (FeDex Overnight) (DAY 01)
05/29/2009 - N-400 Application Received (Phoenix AZ) (DAY 02)
05/29/2009 - Priority Letter Date (Day 02)
06/02/2009 - I-797C Notice of Action Letter Date (Day 06)
06/04/2009 - Check Cashed (Day 08)
06/06/2009- Received I-797 Notice of Action Letter-----------(Day 10)
06/12/2009- Rec'd I-797C NOA Fingerprint Notice Date ------------(Day 16)
06/15/2009- Rec'd I-797C NOA Fingerprint Notice Letter Received--- (Day 19)
06/25/2009- Fingerprint Scheduled Date--------------------------------(Day 29)
06/18/2009- FingerPrint done -------------------------------------------(Day 22)
07/10/2009- Interview Notice Letter------------------------------------(Day 44)
08/19/2009- Interview Date---------------------------------------------(Day 85)
XX/XX/XX Oath Letter Rec'd-------------------------------(Day XX)
XX/XX/XX Oath Ceremony -------------------------------- (Day XX)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can I apply N600 form- Certificate of Citizen for child after the applying for passport for the child.

Will my child get GC back after applying for passport as this is required for N600?

You don't need to complete the passport process. You can start the N-600 right away. You don't need to send the original GC for the N-600, so send the original for the passport and file N-600 with a photocopy of the Green Card.

Oath Scheduled for July 16th

Paramvir1,
My spouse's interview was on July 8th and at the interview was offered an oath date of July 16th. I'm guessing you should get your OL soon.

03-31-09: N-400 Receipt date
05-02-09: FP date
07-08-09: Interview date
07-16-09: Oath scheduled (Campbell)!

plz, anybody got oath scheduled between july16 and aug20 in SanJose DO.its really important for me .thanx for your reply.

Paramvir1,
My spouse's interview was on July 8th and at the interview was offered an oath date of July 16th. I'm guessing you should get your OL soon.

03-31-09: N-400 Receipt date
05-02-09: FP date
07-08-09: Interview date
07-16-09: Oath scheduled (Campbell)!

I should have asked for an Oath day, or a chance to get on the Jul 16 Oath :mad:. I interviewed on Jul 1, and still waiting for my Oath letter :(.

@Stunning - what exactly is the problem in changing your name after Citizenship. I did not opt for that option since the officer told me that it might delay the process.

I had my interview on July 2nd, but haven't received an oath letter yet? I dunno how some folks received the oath letter on the same day as the interview? Can anyone explain?

Thanks
Sri

I had my interview on July 1st, and haven't received an oath letter either. I expect it to come by the end of July.

As for the people that got the oath date right after the interview, they probably had asked the officer, and the officer were nice enough to give them the priority. Silly me, I didn't ask :mad:.

Travel after Interview & Oath with Indian passport.

Can one travel on an Indian passport after Interview & Oath.
After Oath to get US passport might take 10-35 days.
Until we get the American passport can one travel using Indian passport.
I understand that once we get the US passport we should surrender the Indian passport but until then can we use Indian passport to travel.
I mean even after Interview and Oath till we get US passport in hand.

Can one travel on an Indian passport after Interview & Oath.
After Oath to get US passport might take 10-35 days.
Until we get the American passport can one travel using Indian passport.
I understand that once we get the US passport we should surrender the Indian passport but until then can we use Indian passport to travel.
I mean even after Interview and Oath till we get US passport in hand.

No, once you do the oath you are supposed to travel on US passport, at least enter the US with a US passport. In case of emergency travel you should be able to get a same day or day later passport depending on your need. I understand that your question is hypothetical, but what would you say to the CBP officer about your nationality? How would you enter the US with your Indian passport but not Green Card? Basically, don't think about this kind of solution, think about how to get a passport in a rush if you think you might need one in a rush. Do you travel so often?

Online Status

ID : June 30, 2009, waiting for OL.

Question: the online status of my cases hasn't changed at all, still saying "app received." is this what you guys are also noticing?

ID : June 30, 2009, waiting for OL.

Question: the online status of my cases hasn't changed at all, still saying "app received." is this what you guys are also noticing?

I think it's always like that. I normally know about any update on my INS cases long before seeing any update on that online status thing.

16th July Swearing In date

I think what happened was that there were open slots left for July 16th when my spouse went for the interview. The officer informed my spouse that since there wasn't enough time left to send out letters anymore they are offering the July 16th date on a first come first serve basis. Apparently a number of people who went for an interview on the morning of July 8th were offered the same option.

I should have asked for an Oath day, or a chance to get on the Jul 16 Oath :mad:. I interviewed on Jul 1, and still waiting for my Oath letter :(.

Hey folks,

I've been a lurker on this board. Just wanted to update you folks that my wife and I were naturalized at the Campbell Heritage Theater today.

Applied on Feb 23, interviewed at SJ on June 4 and naturalized today. The ceremony was quick. Joe Thornton from the San Jose Sharks also become a citizen today. It was cool to see a celebrity give a speech at our naturalization - didn't expect that.

Just wanted to thank the board and all the active members for the numerous invaluable suggestions we got.

Cheers!

I sworn in as a US citizen at Campbell Heritage Theater today :D

There is a good news for folks waiting for OL. San Jose DO has additional ceremonies to those published at Campbell Heritage Theater. My wife and I had interviews at same time and same day. But her ceremony will be on July 24 Friday at USCIS location.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! :) It has been a long time since I've seen someone posting about a completed ceremony in San Jose.