San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

After I heard all the horror stories regarding changing your name after citizenship

@Stunning - what exactly is the problem in changing your name after Citizenship. I did not opt for that option since the officer told me that it might delay the process.

I had my interview on July 2nd, but haven't received an oath letter yet? I dunno how some folks received the oath letter on the same day as the interview? Can anyone explain?

Thanks
Sri

My FP notice date is July 10, I went in for FP today July 8 at 3pm at Charcott Ave but they turned me away. The parking lot was empty and there was no one inside except for the guy at the door. He asked me the date and told me to come back in two days.

Man, they must have strict orders not do do early FP.

@Stunning - what exactly is the problem in changing your name after Citizenship. I did not opt for that option since the officer told me that it might delay the process.

I had my interview on July 2nd, but haven't received an oath letter yet? I dunno how some folks received the oath letter on the same day as the interview? Can anyone explain?

Thanks
Sri

There is no fee ($$$$) for changing your name in association with becoming a USC. The USCIS will arrange your court date and you don't have to have any reason why you're changing your name. However, if you change your name after citizenship, you'll have to do that for your own, wait for long time, fill-out long forms, reason why you want to change your name and you’ll have to put up a notice in your local newspaper that you're changing your name for about two weeks. $$$$$ It'll cost you $100's if not $1000's.

If you change your name during the USC, is a bit hassle for the USCIS to arrange that than the normal administrative Oath and it takes more time. BUT it’s free, and I don’t have to do anything other than waiting…AND…waiting.

That is what I think at least….

My FP notice date is July 10, I went in for FP today July 8 at 3pm at Charcott Ave but they turned me away. The parking lot was empty and there was no one inside except for the guy at the door. He asked me the date and told me to come back in two days.

Yeah, used to be ok and most of us here have done it an early FP. However, recently they notice more of us are finding out the early FP and they are very determent to stop that. And Yes, even if there is nobody else in there. Sorry, we ruined it for you guys.

Things are moving so quicky these days, it is better not to do early FP and risk getting Interview Date before 5yr anniversary.

I am applying after 3yrs and I am married to the same US citizen for the last 6 years.

Is the interview process different for applicants who's eligibility is based on marriage?

Do I have to take all documents showing proof marriage (bank accounts, pictures..) as I did when I applied for my green card.

Can anyone with similar interview experience share their thoughts.

Finally got my interview date! It took me longer than most people -- most Q1 filers have their oath done by now!

I actually got impatient and called US CIS a few days ago, saying I never got the interview letter and many people are doing their OATH by now. They said they would send a request to National Benefits Center to resend it.

Yesterday, I finally got the interview letter. But today, I get a COPY of the interview letter in response to my phone call. So I guess the first letter was sent anyway, coincidentally around the same time I got antsy and followed up on it. The second letter had a COPY stamp on it and came with a notice that said I asked for service of type "Non-Delivery of Other Notice."

But for those of you waiting for your interview letters -- it doesn't hurt to call! Worked for me.

I seem to be falling way behind in the quest for interview letter. My dates are in the signature below. Is there any way to check for the interview letter?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can I apply N600 form- Certificate of Citizen for child after the applying for passport for the child.

Will my child get GC back after applying for passport as this is required for N600?

Ticket Record for Alameda Court "Fremont"

Sorry, I didn't finish my answer. To get the certified mail of your record. Call the Traffic Court @ (408) 556-3000 and ask. The fee if $15.

RECORDS RELATED FEES Code Section(s) Total Fee Due $15.
173 Certifying a copy of paper, record or proceeding on file GC 70626(a)(4)

@Stunning,
Thanks for the above posting it is really useful. Do you have something similar for the Alameda Court (Fremont). I had a speeding ticket in fremont a couple of years ago.

Thanks
Rajiv.

Things are moving so quicky these days, it is better not to do early FP and risk getting Interview Date before 5yr anniversary.

What would happen if I have the interview date before the 5 year anniversary date? Would my application be denied at the time of interview? If yes, can I reschedule my interview date after the 5 year anniversary and how soon would I get the new interview date?

plz, anybody got oath scheduled between july16 and aug20 in SanJose DO.its really important for me .thanx for your reply.

Many people here have reported receiving OLs in two weeks after interviews. You should be receiving it soon. I am hoping I will receive it in the next 10 days or so (my interview date : June 30). My travel plans are on hold due to this.

As usual, USCIS online system doesn't tell you sheit. The status still says "application received on March 18....."

plz, anybody got oath scheduled between july16 and aug20 in SanJose DO.its really important for me .thanx for your reply.

Infopass

If I were you, I'll schedule an infopass and visit my local Office to find out my case. Interviewed on 6/17, you should have an OL by now. Don't wait, take the issue to them.

@Stunning,
Thanks for the above posting it is really useful. Do you have something similar for the Alameda Court (Fremont). I had a speeding ticket in fremont a couple of years ago.

Thanks
Rajiv.

Sorry, I don't know Alameda Court. If I were you, I'll start on getting their # through online and call the Court itself and find out what they need in order for me to get my record asap. The best thing is to walk in and after you reach the Clark, tell them you have a Citizen Interview (and the date) and the USCIS is asking my traffic record. They do this all the time and they should know what you need. Take some docs. Fee is not more than $15, take a check for payment, they don't accept cash/credit/debit.

They'll conduct a record search and will generate a report for you. Ask them "RASH Report" and that you need it asap.

Good luck,

Last edited by a moderator:
iPhone:- Interview study material, test, grade, flash Cards @ iPhone. Really cool, even though I know this things, but it's easy and great way to study the test.