San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

I sworn in as a US citizen at Campbell Heritage Theater today :D

There is a good news for folks waiting for OL. San Jose DO has additional ceremonies to those published at Campbell Heritage Theater. My wife and I had interviews at same time and same day. But her ceremony will be on July 24 Friday at USCIS location.
thanx for such good news that there will be additional ceremonies in san jose,finally.hope i get my oath letter soon.

thanx for such good news that there will be additional ceremonies in san jose,finally.hope i get my oath letter soon.

Hi Paramvir,

I noticed it’s been exactly a month since you had your interview. Any updates so far? I know it is too early to make an Info pass. Have you heard from anyone in the area with similar situation as yours? I am really hopping things work out for you man. You deserve it.

I sworn in as a US citizen at Campbell Heritage Theater today :D

There is a good news for folks waiting for OL. San Jose DO has additional ceremonies to those published at Campbell Heritage Theater. My wife and I had interviews at same time and same day. But her ceremony will be on July 24 Friday at USCIS location.

Got my Oath letter today. They have added more ceremonies. I though my Oath is on August 20, but now, it's July 24 @ San Jose INS office - Monterey Road. :D

Hi Paramvir,

I noticed it’s been exactly a month since you had your interview. Any updates so far? I know it is too early to make an Info pass. Have you heard from anyone in the area with similar situation as yours? I am really hopping things work out for you man. You deserve it.

nothing yet.they said my file is being last minute reviewed .and you should get something in mail soon.

Walk-in FP - finally

My FP notice date is July 10, I went in for FP today July 8 at 3pm at Charcott Ave but they turned me away. The parking lot was empty and there was no one inside except for the guy at the door. He asked me the date and told me to come back in two days.

Man, they must have strict orders not do do early FP.

I tried the same day last Wednesday at Charcott and I was sent back right away by reason that they don't provide early FP anymore. There was two person inside though.
My FP is scheduled on 7/25. And I saw from other DO people said it seems like 2-3pm is the time for accepting non-appointment FP. Therefore, I went in today at around 2:20pm and waited till one family to come out. Then, there was no one there. It was the same guard as the first time I went there. He asked if I have appointment. I politely give him the reason why I hope he can accommodate me for FP today. He then said unreluctantly that he has to ask someone if it's ok. The lady inside came out and said it's no problem. Then, after I fill out the form and I was taken in immediately. It took me less than 5 min to complete it.

I think Friday or Saturday afternoon maybe the best timing. Thanks to all ppl in the forum for the advise. :)

Hi,

I have a question about Employment history in N-400.

Company Head quarters is Florida . But iam working in Wisconsin in a client site for more than 5 years.

So , which address do i need to mention ? Company address or the client address?

Thanks !

nothing yet.they said my file is being last minute reviewed .and you should get something in mail soon.

I believe my OL is also stuck somewhere. USCIS never stops to amaze me. This process could have been a lot simpler.

Where did you go to find out the status? Did you call their 800 number or personally went to San Jose to find out. I need to do the same.

I believe my OL is also stuck somewhere. USCIS never stops to amaze me. This process could have been a lot simpler.

Where did you go to find out the status? Did you call their 800 number or personally went to San Jose to find out. I need to do the same.

i tried both.

InfoPass!!!!!!!!!! Schedule it now and go to their Officer. Forget about the 1800.......

filed in july

07/10/2009 -Application mailed
07/13/2009 - Application received/Priority Date
07/16/2009- Cheque cashed
07/20/2009- NOA received

-Prajakata

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I have a question about Employment history in N-400.

Company Head quarters is Florida . But iam working in Wisconsin in a client site for more than 5 years.

So , which address do i need to mention ? Company address or the client address?

Thanks !

Company address is what you need... It should be the address on your check, W-2 forms etc...

My wife's interview was scheduled for today at 10AM. I heard that the interview went well and she was handed a letter stating that the application has been recommended for approval.

My interview is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon.

N-400 Timeline
Field Office: San Jose
04/17/2009 - N-400 mailed to Phoenix
04/20/2009 - Received Date
04/20/2009 - Priority Date
04/23/2009 - Notice Date
04/27/2009 - Received the I-797C, Notice of Action
05/07/2009 - FP Notice Received
05/09/2009 - FP Done - Walk-In
06/11/2009 - Interview Notice Letter Received for my Spouse
06/13/2009 - Yellow Letter received for both of us
07/21/2009 - Interview Scheduled for my Spouse
07/22/2009 - Interview Scheduled for myself

my case and question

My case:
mailed on 06/08/09
FD done 07/03/09

questions:
I may need to travel in the following months:

1 it is possible to reschudule the interview date and
oath date?

2. when can i apply passport, after the date i pass the interview or after the date of oath?

3. may i travel between the intervie date and oath date?

thanks in advance

Name change and childred

Hi,

(1) I saw in the other thread that the name change is not possible in San Jose
during the oath. And, a judicial oath has to be requested. Has anyone done
that in San Jose recently? I saw the other person is planning to do it, but
not sure if it already happened. My interview date is 8/13.
It's for my wife's last name change.

(2) We have 2 kids (2 yrs and 5.5 yrs). Can we take them to the interview?
I'm wondering if there is one interviewer and we will be interviewed by the
same person in sequence and one can take care of the children in the waiting
room while the other person is being interviewed. Or, will both of us be
interviewed at the same time? Can we request the interview to be done
in sequence? Or, can we take the children into the interview rooms?

I saw some responses in the other thread, but they are not from San Jose.
I'd like to know what happens in San Jose office.

Thanks,

bwkim

Hi,

(1) I saw in the other thread that the name change is not possible in San Jose
during the oath. And, a judicial oath has to be requested. Has anyone done
that in San Jose recently? I saw the other person is planning to do it, but
not sure if it already happened. My interview date is 8/13.
It's for my wife's last name change.

(2) We have 2 kids (2 yrs and 5.5 yrs). Can we take them to the interview?
I'm wondering if there is one interviewer and we will be interviewed by the
same person in sequence and one can take care of the children in the waiting
room while the other person is being interviewed. Or, will both of us be
interviewed at the same time? Can we request the interview to be done
in sequence? Or, can we take the children into the interview rooms?

I saw some responses in the other thread, but they are not from San Jose.
I'd like to know what happens in San Jose office.

Thanks,

bwkim

I had my Interview today (Passed!):- Your Question # 1:- you can't change your name at all in San Jose. The Officer told me that they don't have a Judge in San Jose Office therefor they no longer provide that service. She advice me that it can be done in a court after I complete my process.

# 2 quesion:- Today while in the waiting room, I noticed kids toy and books in the waiting room eventhough I didn't see any kids there. In this regard, you can call the number in your interview letter and ask that quesion and any other question you might have.

Good Luck....

My case:
mailed on 06/08/09
FD done 07/03/09

questions:
I may need to travel in the following months:

1 it is possible to reschudule the interview date and
oath date?

2. when can i apply passport, after the date i pass the interview or after the date of oath?

3. may i travel between the intervie date and oath date?

thanks in advance

Quesion # 1:- yes you can reschedule your interview and oath, however it will delay your process for a long time and I won't advice that.

#2:- You can ONLY apply US Passport after the Oath (ONLY!!!!).. You have to have a Natualization Certificate to apply US Passport and you get that on your Oath date.

#3:- If your travel BTW you interview and Oath, it will complicate your case... You need to talk to an immigration lawyer and seek a legal advice