San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Has anybody got an oath letter lately? I'm just curious as I have seen a lot of posts about interview appointments and fingerprints but don't recall many or any about recent oath ceremonies or letters.

Is my application lost?

05/29/2009 : Mailed by Fdeex
06/01/2009 : Delivered
06/17/2009 : nothing happen.. no check cashed, no notice .. no nothing.

Base on the timeline most people provided here, all their check got cashed in 10 days after delivery and get noitce in 14 days. I am afraid that my application maybe somehow get lost.

The FEDEX shows the package was signed by "G.Graves".
Does anyone here happen to have package sign by the same person?

Is there any place I can check for the status? (But I think it would be difficult, since I didn't even get the case number).

Any other suggestion? Should I send out another application form?

Thanks for any advice.

I would wait a bit longer. Perpaps there was something wrong with the application (you forgot to sign) and it got sent back.

05/29/2009 : Mailed by Fdeex
06/01/2009 : Delivered
06/17/2009 : nothing happen.. no check cashed, no notice .. no nothing.

Base on the timeline most people provided here, all their check got cashed in 10 days after delivery and get noitce in 14 days. I am afraid that my application maybe somehow get lost.

The FEDEX shows the package was signed by "G.Graves".
Does anyone here happen to have package sign by the same person?

Is there any place I can check for the status? (But I think it would be difficult, since I didn't even get the case number).

Any other suggestion? Should I send out another application form?

Thanks for any advice.

Hi, I also sent my Application thru FEDEX on 05/28/09. Same person "G Graves" signed as the receiver. My application was delivered to Arizona on 05/29/09. Just be patient.... You might wanna download and print the signature of the receiving person just in case it got lost. Best wishes!!!!

DISTRICT OFFICE: SAN JOSE, CA

05/28/2009 - N-400 mailed to Phoenix (FeDex Overnight) (DAY 01)
05/29/2009 - N-400 Application Received (Phoenix AZ) (DAY 02)
05/29/2009 - Priority Letter Date (Day 02)
06/02/2009 - I-797C Notice of Action Letter Date (Day 06)
06/04/2009 - Check Cashed (Day 08)
06/06/2009- Received I-797 Notice of Action Letter-----------(Day 10)
06/12/2009- Rec'd I-797C NOA Fingerprint Notice Date ------------(Day 16)
06/15/2009- Rec'd I-797C NOA Fingerprint Notice Letter Received--- (Day 19)
06/25/2009- Fingerprint Scheduled Date---------------------------(Day 29)
06/18/2009- FingerPrint done ---------------------------------------(Day 22)
XX/XX/XX Interview Notice Letter-------------------------(Day XX)
XX/XX/XX Interview Date---------------------------------(Day XX)
XX/XX/XX Oath Letter Rec'd-------------------------------(Day XX)
XX/XX/XX Oath Ceremony -------------------------------- (Day XX)

Finally, I am finished with my FINGERPRINT. I walked in today at Salinas, CA USCIS Application Center. No questions asked-- The security guard just matched my Alien Card and the Fingerprint Notice. It took me less than 10 minutes to do it...... Yey!!!!

Hi, I also sent my Application thru FEDEX on 05/28/09. Same person "G Graves" signed as the receiver. My application was delivered to Arizona on 05/29/09. Just be patient.... You might wanna download and print the signature of the receiving person just in case it got lost. Best wishes!!!!

Thank you... So glad to hear that your package was signed by the same person as mine. I was afraid that Fedex sent mine to the wrong place.

BTW, have you received any thing from USCIS yet?

I also posted my problem on the other thread. So far, there are two other users response that they sent their applications in the similar time frame and not receive any thing since package got delivered.

Oath letter received

San Jose moving like clock work!

02/18/2009: PD
03/06/2009: Notice received
03/13/2009 Received FP Notice (Appointment Date 3/26)
03/14/2009: FP Done - Walk-In.
04/13/2009: Received Interview letter(for June 3rd). Praise God!
06/03/2009: Completed Interview - Passed
06/18/2009: Received Oath Letter (for July 16th)
07/16/2009: Oath Date

Thank you... So glad to hear that your package was signed by the same person as mine. I was afraid that Fedex sent mine to the wrong place.

BTW, have you received any thing from USCIS yet?

I also posted my problem on the other thread. So far, there are two other users response that they sent their applications in the similar time frame and not receive any thing since package got delivered.

Yes, I did my Fingerprinting today (walk-in)... My fingerprint schedule is June 25 12:00 noon at USCIS Support Center (Salinas CA). I will be waiting for my interview letter....

LMAO - Beat this... dumb me...

How dumb can one be? Beat me... :)

I went in for the early FP, the place was full (10AM) and the security guard checked the papers and said my date is next month and I said "let me go ahead" and he asked for my GC. I said "I do not have it on me can you let me move ahead with my driving license." He said go ahead. (may be he knew they would send me back) But still I went ahead and I was sent back as I did not have my GC on me. And the officer there said..btw your scheduled date is in July. Not been there since then.

I am contemplating if there is any advantage of early printing. I have checked most of the responses here, except for one response all the people who have gone for early FP or NOT the timeline has been almost the same. FP Schedule date to IL around 4-5 weeks and IL to Interview date, 4-5 weeks. Any advice guys?

Only problem I have is I drive across the USCIS office every day anywhere between 2-4 times and work less than 0.25 miles from there. Cannot resist not going in, they wont give me a job as I am not a citizen yet ;)

====================================
Local DO: San Jose, CA
06/01/09 Mailed N400 – express - to Phoenix
06/02/09 Delivered to USCIS
06/02/09 Priority Date
06/05/09 Notice Date
06/08/09 Check Cashed
06/12/09 Received Receipt Notice
06/15/09 Received Fingerprint Notice
07/02/09 Fingerprint Date - Scheduled

Last edited by a moderator:
traffic ticket

I've said yes for the traffic citation question as I had one such citation in 2000 and in the explanation section I indicated it is a traffic citation and I paid the fine. I got the case file review notice. It says "You indicated in your application that you have been arrested. For these arrests and any other incidents in which you may have been involved, bring originals or certified copies of all arrest records and court dispositions showing how each incident was resolved."

I have no idea what should bring to the interview regarding this now and how do I collect that. I got the driver's license record from California DMV. Would that be enough?

Find the Recorder's Court for the place where you got your tickets. Go there, provide them with your name, date of traffic incident and ask for certified court disposition of your ticket.

Traffic citation question

I've said yes for the traffic citation question as I had one such citation in 2000 and in the explanation section I indicated it is a traffic citation and I paid the fine. I got the case file review notice. It says "You indicated in your application that you have been arrested. For these arrests and any other incidents in which you may have been involved, bring originals or certified copies of all arrest records and court dispositions showing how each incident was resolved."

I have no idea what should bring to the interview regarding this now and how do I collect that. I got the driver's license record from California DMV. Would that be enough?

No worries, you have enough time to think and find out what you need to take it and what you don't need, you can google/search this things. USCIS's own instruction say you do not need to provide documnetation for traffic violation if the fine is below $ 500 and not alcolol-drug related.

You should try to get court documents. If courts are within driving
limits, go to court and get documents. Otherwise call the court and court
clerk should locate your case and ask for proceddure how to get disposition
docs.

But If cannot get docs, go ahead. Most likely USCIS will not insist upon
seeing it. Their instruction document even say so

If you have questions that have not been answered either by this N-400Guide or by the other sources, you may always go to the information counter at your local USCIS office. There you may speak directly to a USCIS representative. To make an appointment at your local USCIS office, visit their website and click on InfoPass.
I'm not a lawyer.....

Status Update

Did my FP on 6/18, scheduled date was 6/19. I tried getting FP done 2 weeks ago and they refused to let me do FP. How long does it take to get interview letter from FP date?

Interview time line

Did my FP on 6/18, scheduled date was 6/19. I tried getting FP done 2 weeks ago and they refused to let me do FP. How long does it take to get interview letter from FP date?

See other members time-line, then you'll have a picture on when you'll recieve your IL.

Between 4-5 weeks from the FP Letter Date

I have been tracking the comments on the forum and my guestimate is that it would take 4-5 weeks from the FP notice/letter date. (not actual FP date)

Yes it is good to have the DMV record and any records you may have about paying the fines. I had the same situation and in my interview, the officer just asked me if I got only traffic citations. When I said yes, he circled the word "Cited" in the N-400 application and then moved on.

My case update

Hi all,

This is my first post. I have applied for my citizenship in February. I found this website and have been observing the posts for the past month. Here's my application progress:

02/22/09 Mailed N400 – Fedex - to Phoenix
02/24/09 Priority Date
03/02/09 Receipt Notice Date
03/05/09 Fingerprint Notice Date
03/24/09 Fingerprint Scheduled & Done
04/18/09 Interview Notice Letter Received
06/04/09 Interview Date (passed the interview)
xx/xx/09 Oath Letter
xx/xx/09 Oath Date

Thanks for all the advice I received from you folks.