Oath Ceremony done today.

PD JUL 27 07
FP OCT 29 07
IL APR 24 08
ID JUN 02 08
OL JUL 24 08
OD AUG 07 08

Big gathering....

Help - missed the oath ceremony - now what?

I missed the oath taking ceremony this morning. Now I have to send the N-445 back to reschedule the ceremony. I can't seem to figure out which address to send it to. The Oath taking ceremony has the following address:
344 Tully Road, San Jose, CA - When I search this address in google it seems to indicate the Santa Clara County Fairgrounds. Is this the address that I send the letter for re-scheduling the ceremony?

The envelope has the P.O.Box 30111-30115, Laguna Niguel, CA 92607 address. Is this the address that send the letter for re-scheduling?

Help...I have scheduled an appointment with Infopass but would like to get a response for August 22nd and I would rather get the letter out sooner than that....

Darn it....I cannot believe that missed this ceremony....AAAAAAAARGHHHH!!!

I missed the oath taking ceremony this morning. Now I have to send the N-445 back to reschedule the ceremony. I can't seem to figure out which address to send it to. The Oath taking ceremony has the following address:
344 Tully Road, San Jose, CA - When I search this address in google it seems to indicate the Santa Clara County Fairgrounds. Is this the address that I send the letter for re-scheduling the ceremony?

The envelope has the P.O.Box 30111-30115, Laguna Niguel, CA 92607 address. Is this the address that send the letter for re-scheduling?

Help...I have scheduled an appointment with Infopass but would like to get a response for August 22nd and I would rather get the letter out sooner than that....

Darn it....I cannot believe that missed this ceremony....AAAAAAAARGHHHH!!!
It would have to be sent back to DO, not the ceremony physical address. You can always schedule an Infopass to get clarification on this.

Interviewed on Jan Jose on July-10-2008, No OL yet.

I've passed Interview on July-10-08 but NOT receive OL as of today (Aug-08-2008).

Is this is a problem and requires me to contact DO office or it is just random (luck) to receive the Oath Letter (OL). I still believe I'm not forgotten by them since it is about a month from interview passed.

Is there a proper way to contact them since some of you have contacted DO office San Jose.

DO: San Jose, 1887 Montery Hwy (office)
IL Received: June-8-2008
IL Date: July-10-2008 (passed and received N-652)
OL: ??
OD: ??

Thanks
J Nandy

Last edited by a moderator:
Ceremony

gctocs,

how long did the whole stuff take?

thanks

I was anticipating it an hour process... I arrived at 8:10 to make sure I get parking... Lot of people took VTA for Santa Clara Fair Grounds. I got inside the hall at 9:10 AM and thought it would start at 10. Ceremony started at 12... and at 1:30 PM came out of the hall.

I was anticipating it an hour process... I arrived at 8:10 to make sure I get parking... Lot of people took VTA for Santa Clara Fair Grounds. I got inside the hall at 9:10 AM and thought it would start at 10. Ceremony started at 12... and at 1:30 PM came out of the hall.
Thanks gctocs,

Do they allow cell phones and cameras inside?

Finally got my interview letter. Writing letter to the Senators ad Ombudsman does help I guess.
Typically after the interview how long will it take to get the Oath done? Thanks.

Here's my timeline for me and my wife. Just waiting for oath ceremony on Aug 14th!

2/20/2008: Mailed application
2/26/2008: Checks cashed
3/06/2008: Appointment date for fingerprinting
3/18/2008: Fingerprinting appointment
6/04/2008: Appointment date for interview
7/23/2008: Interview (extremely easy!!)
8/01/2008: Appointment date for oath ceremony
8/14/2008: (upcoming) oath ceremony

Just under 6 months from start to finish.

no oath letter yet for me!

I've passed Interview on July-10-08 but NOT receive OL as of today (Aug-08-2008).

Is this is a problem and requires me to contact DO office or it is just random (luck) to receive the Oath Letter (OL). I still believe I'm not forgotten by them since it is about a month from interview passed.

Is there a proper way to contact them since some of you have contacted DO office San Jose.

DO: San Jose, 1887 Montery Hwy (office)
IL Received: June-8-2008
IL Date: July-10-2008 (passed and received N-652)
OL: ??
OD: ??

Thanks
J Nandy

I had interview on 7/15 and haven't recd. an oath letter yet. Have contacted Zoe Lofgren's office but haven't heard anything back from them yet. I have also made an InfoPass appt for Aug 18. Let's see what happens.

Participated in oath ceremony at Santa Clara county fair-grounds, 8/7/08.
About 3000 took the oath. We got there at about 9:35 and there was already a line.
We got in very quickly, but stay inside for 1.5 hours before it began. The chairs were small and tied in pairs, packed very closely shoulder to shoulder, with not enough bubble space. There was no ventilation.
INS insisted on reading voting information in different languages (I thought understanding English was a requirement for citizenship). Too many officials felt desire to speak. We felt desire to get our certificate and flee...
Another officer named Gonzales came to tell his life story, in great details. They showed some unnecessary movies. At around 1 PM it ended. Certificate distribution was smooth.

I am not sure what is the line length outside. If not long, then come *late*, 30 min late seems not a problem. Perhaps even 1 hour late, but I am not sure. If you don't mind spending a very long time inside, come at the scheduled time.

Q for californadian why so fast???

Here's my timeline for me and my wife. Just waiting for oath ceremony on Aug 14th!

2/20/2008: Mailed application
2/26/2008: Checks cashed
3/06/2008: Appointment date for fingerprinting
3/18/2008: Fingerprinting appointment
6/04/2008: Appointment date for interview
7/23/2008: Interview (extremely easy!!)
8/01/2008: Appointment date for oath ceremony
8/14/2008: (upcoming) oath ceremony

Just under 6 months from start to finish.

Dear californadian,

Congratulations! Could I ask you? Why is your case so fast? It took less than 6 months. Because you have lived in US for long?

I am waiting for the interview letter ........

Jan. 2008 sent N-400
Mar. 2008 Bio

waiting.........

George

Finshed Oath

I finished my oath ceremony on Aug 7th.
There were 3000 people for the ceremony and it did not start at 10:00am as scheduled. I think it started at noon.
The hall was super crowded and I could barely hear what the speakers were saying.
Anyway, you just have to go through the motions.
Finally, the way they were handing out the naturalization certificate was a disaster.....not systematic at all.

but anyway, its over. I believe they have another big one scheduled this week as well.

US Passport

Now the next step is looming up. Seems like a never ending process....

Whats the fastest way for getting the US passport? The expediated service?
How long is it taking nowadays to get the US passport, normal and expediated?

Now the next step is looming up. Seems like a never ending process....

Whats the fastest way for getting the US passport? The expediated service?
How long is it taking nowadays to get the US passport, normal and expediated?

Don't waste good money, apply for regular service. I think it will take a couple of weeks. Unless you have immediate travel plans the regular service is adequately fast.

Congratulations on your naturalization. All other steps are much simpler to do. Don't forget to register to vote and to change your status with the social security administration (i.e. go there with your passport or naturalization certificate and update your record to show you are now a citizen).

For all people naturalizing check this site out: http://www.newcitizen.us/after.html

Don't waste good money, apply for regular service. I think it will take a couple of weeks. Unless you have immediate travel plans the regular service is adequately fast.

Congratulations on your naturalization. All other steps are much simpler to do. Don't forget to register to vote and to change your status with the social security administration (i.e. go there with your passport or naturalization certificate and update your record to show you are now a citizen).

For all people naturalizing check this site out: http://www.newcitizen.us/after.html

Thanks for that info, Huracan. I didnt know I had to go to the SS office to get my status changed. Will do so now.