San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Now that my oath will be finished, how does one apply for US passport? Is there a way to apply for it right after the oath ceremony? or do we go to the post office to apply for it?

and how long does it take? i believe there is an expediated process as well. is it worth to expediate it?

btw, do they print ur residence address on the passport?

Most oath ceremonies have USPS officials that hand out passport applications. You can also go to USPS office, or passport service center to apply.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html

What kind form should I submit for correcting N-400?

Dear all:

I need your help. I found that there is one mistake on the N-400 that I submitted! Oh, My god!

Does anyone know what kind of document I should submit in order to correct mistake on N-400?

In advance, thank you very much for your great help.

George

Dear all:

I need your help. I found that there is one mistake on the N-400 that I submitted! Oh, My god!

Does anyone know what kind of document I should submit in order to correct mistake on N-400?

In advance, thank you very much for your great help.

George

You'll have a chance to correct the mistake at interview. If it's a mistake that's serious enough to jeopardize your application then write USCIS a letter asking them to correct your file.

You'll have a chance to correct the mistake at interview. If it's a mistake that's serious enough to jeopardize your application then write USCIS a letter asking them to correct your file.

Dear bobsmyth,

Thank you very much for your fast response. I apreciate very much.
But, is the letter just a letter by my typing? or isn't there any form??

George

No Oath yet!

Hi Everyone,
I had my interview at San Jose DO on July 15. I passed the interview and was handed form N652 with "Congratulations, your application has been recommended for approval" by the Immigration Officer.
I haven't received my oath letter yet although I see that other people on this forum that interviewed at the same time as me and even after me have already received their oath letter.

What are my options other than just waiting for the letter in the mail? What if the letter was lost in the mail? Someone please help.

Also, is there anyone who interviewed in mid July who still hasn't received the oath letter?

Thanks.

Recv'd second fingerprint notice

PD: 10/30/2006
First FP: 11/25/2006
Got stuck on the notorious "FBI Name Check" since then.
Wife was lucky enough not to be caught by that nuisance and got citizenship last year.
Just got second FP notice. Hopefully this is a good sign.

Hi Everyone,
What are my options other than just waiting for the letter in the mail? What if the letter was lost in the mail? Someone please help.
Thanks.

You can try scheduling an infopass appt to find out if they have sent out the letter.

InfoPass appt too late

You can try scheduling an infopass appt to find out if they have sent out the letter.

Thanks for your reply injunguy!
I did try to make an Infopass appt but the soonest available appt is 8/18/08. This is after the big oath ceremony on Aug 14. What if I have been scheduled for this oath date but the letter has been lost in the mail? :(

I tried to call the customer service but they said they cannot help till 90 days after interview!

I did try to make an Infopass appt but the soonest available appt is 8/18/08. This is after the big oath ceremony on Aug 14. What if I have been scheduled for this oath date but the letter has been lost in the mail? :(

I tried to call the customer service but they said they cannot help till 90 days after interview!

I believe there is another oath ceremony on 8/21, so you might make that one. Looks like there's nothing much you can do but wait :-(

Hey, you can try congressman office. I got some information through our congresswoman Zoe Lofgren's office.

Best,

waitforsolong,

Thanks for your suggestion. How do i contact congressman Zoe Lofgren's office? Is there a phone number you can give me?

Thanks

Just got interview letter

My wife just got her interview letter.

PD: 5/29/07
ND: 6/6/07
FP: 8/11/07
IL: 8/2/08
ID: 9/2/08

Ghee,
Lofgren may or may not be your congressperson. Check that out first before contacting them because they gen help people only from their own districts. You can use the House website and check your zipcode. It will tell you who your congressperson is.

Ghee,
Lofgren may or may not be your congressperson. Check that out first before contacting them because they gen help people only from their own districts. You can use the House website and check your zipcode. It will tell you who your congressperson is.

Thanks aabb....

I know Lofgren is my congressman. But, just to make sure I did check on the House website and confirmed it.
I also got the contact infomation from her web-site.

Let's hope her office can help me :confused:

Got Oath Letter today

My details

03/24/2008 : Mailed to CSC
03/27/2008 : PD (and Receive date)
04/02/2008 : Notice date (Received in the mail on 04/07/2008)
04/10/2008 : FP date (Received in the mail on 04/10/2008)
04/19/2008 : FP complete
07/29/2008 : Interview date (Received in the mail on 06/30/2008)
08/14/2008 : Oath date (Received in the mail 08/05/2008 from Monterey Rd Office)

Same dates for spouse except that for her the Oath letter came in mail 08/02/2008

Oath cancelled too

My oath got canceled by USCIS!!

I received letter today, stating that my oath on Aug 8 at San Jose USCIS got canceled.

How can that happen!! While everyone got their oath letter, my oath got canceled!!

My husbands oath also got cancelled for 15 aug for san jose (monterey office). When we called they said, it could be for a variety of reasons. Was wondering if you received a new oath letter or any other update. As you can imagine, we are quite concerned about it as well.

My husbands oath also got cancelled for 15 aug for san jose (monterey office). When we called they said, it could be for a variety of reasons. Was wondering if you received a new oath letter or any other update. As you can imagine, we are quite concerned about it as well.

I got another oath letter for Augest 21.