San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

I was wondering about the same thing. Hopefully we are not the only 2 with a 21'st letter :D. Congratulations, by the way

arungk_us, good news for us. I called Campbell heritage theater. They have the schedule for Aug 21 from USCIS. We just need to wait for extra 1 more week after Aug 14.

waitforsolong,

i receieved my OL scheduled for Aug 21 at the Campbell Heritage! Congrats to us both and hopefully nomore surprises! Yay!

Finished with the interview successfully .

Adding myself to this thread...
Congrats to all who have cleared through all the hurdles.

Just got my FP one on April 25th.

Am I looking at another 6 - 9 months for the IL ?

Good luck to everyone...

:D:D

Now awaiting the Oath Letter. IO told me that, I might receive a letter in the next two months.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Good Luck!

Cheers...

I would like to sue the San Jose office.....

:D:D

Now awaiting the Oath Letter. IO told me that, I might receive a letter in the next two months.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Good Luck!

Cheers...

Hi garth2k1!
Congratulations! I am very impressed to know that your case is soooooo fast!
It took only 4 month? Incredible.... Do you have any idea why yours is so fast??

I am so frustrated with the Jose office. It may be one of discrimination. my case should be fast because I am Gov. contractor and my background check was already over. I would like to sue the San Jose office.

George

Jan. 2008 sent N-400 to California
Mar. 2008 Bio
I am waiting for interview letter................

Why does my case status show "Error" still?

Hi garth2k1!
Congratulations! I am very impressed to know that your case is soooooo fast!
It took only 4 month? Incredible.... Do you have any idea why yours is so fast??

I am so frustrated with the Jose office. It may be one of discrimination. my case should be fast because I am Gov. contractor and my background check was already over. I would like to sue the San Jose office.

George

Jan. 2008 sent N-400 to California
Mar. 2008 Bio
I am waiting for interview letter................

And does anyone know why my case status shows "error" still?

George

My oath is on August 21 at Campbell Heritage Center at 3:00 PM. Can I take my two small kids (3, 5) with me as I am struggling with the baby sit arrangements. Thanks

Looks like folks are receiving their oath letters now. I finished my interview on 7/15 but still haven't received the oath letter. Should I make an infopass appt?

Who was the IO that interviewed you?

Looks like folks are receiving their oath letters now. I finished my interview on 7/15 but still haven't received the oath letter. Should I make an infopass appt?

Hi Injunguy,

My wife and I had our interviews on 7/16/08. I received my oath letter for 8/14 at Santa Clara Fairgrounds. But, my wife has still not received her oath letter. I am also planning to make an infopass appointment for my wife.

Just to see if the delay has anything to do with the IO that interviewed you, could you let me know the name of your interviewing IO? My wife was interviewed by Officer Djio.

Good luck and hope you get your oath letter soon.

RKC

Hi Injunguy,

Just to see if the delay has anything to do with the IO that interviewed you, could you let me know the name of your interviewing IO? My wife was interviewed by Officer Djio.

RKC

Hi rkc.citizen,

I don't remember the name of the IO right now, but it definitely was not Djio.

Received a 2nd Oath Invitation in the mail today

I just received second oath invitation for August 14! This time the letter has been mailed from Laguna Niguel. The first letter was sent from Monterey Road office in San Jose.

This is so frustrating! They send me 2 oath invitations while my wife is still waiting for her first invitation :(

I booked the earliest possible Infopass appointment for 8/12/08. I just hope we can find out why my wife still hasn't got her oath letter. :confused:

04/07/2008: Fedex'ed to CSC
04/08/2008: CSC received (Priority Date)
04/09/2008: Check cashed
04/15/2008: Notice Date
04/18/2008: Notice Received
04/21/2008: FP Notice
05/01/2008: FP done
06/16/2008: Interview Notice received
07/30/2008: Interviewed and passed the test (but the IO checked "A decision cannot yet be made" box and said I should hear from them in a couple of months. Not sure why the IO didn't check the "Congratulations" box. :confused:)

Anyone who got interviewed in end of July time frame, please update your status once you receive the oath letter (I will do so too). Thanks.

Quick update on my timeline: -- it is amazingly fast :)

04/07/2008: Fedex'ed to CSC
04/08/2008: CSC received (Priority Date)
04/09/2008: Check cashed
04/15/2008: Notice Date
04/18/2008: Notice Received
04/21/2008: FP Notice
05/01/2008: FP done
06/16/2008: Interview Notice received (interview date 7/30/2008)

OK, good thing I didn't schedule the infopass yet. I received the oath letter in the mail today. Oath scheduled for Aug 14 at the santa clara fairgrounds. Sent from the monterey rd ofc.

Complted interview :) on 07/22/08 and waiting for Oath letter.
Did any one received oath letter by mail who was intervied on or after 07/22/08?

OK, good thing I didn't schedule the infopass yet. I received the oath letter in the mail today. Oath scheduled for Aug 14 at the santa clara fairgrounds. Sent from the monterey rd ofc.

Congratulations! :) It worked as I expected ;) I recommended you to schedule an Infopass for a couple of reasons:

1. Lower your anxiety
2. In the remote case that the oath letter was lost
3. I expected you would receive your oath letter before you got to your Infopass appointment ;)

I'm glad everything has worked out and you haven't had to waste any time.

oath and elections

well, it selection time. so probably they are speeding up the oath process to get maximum people on board for voting....that my guess...they have done this in the past as well.

GCTOCS,
ur oath is also on the 7th? mine too. for all u know we might be sitting next to each other! :D

US passport

Now that my oath will be finished, how does one apply for US passport? Is there a way to apply for it right after the oath ceremony? or do we go to the post office to apply for it?

and how long does it take? i believe there is an expediated process as well. is it worth to expediate it?

btw, do they print ur residence address on the passport?