San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

In the spreadsheet at http://www.editgrid.com/user/cistracking/N400_Tracking for San Jose, it looks like there are couple of people who applied after i did and they got the Interview Letter. What could be the reasons for the delay? Name Check? Or is are the applications processed randomly?

I believe if the current status is in Name Check, then i guess it could be long waiting for you ... Someone, correct me if i am wrong.

Doesn't everybody's application go through Name Check? I am confused. Also how would I know if my name is in "Name Check"?

zindagi,
somehow i remember you mentioned before that you're application is still under namecheck...maybe that's why you have not received the IL yet.

I filed for Citizenship in mid-August 2007 and my Fingerprinting was done in December 2007 and even after 4 months no idea what is happening. I got an appointment using Infopass this afternoon and they said that my name is still under Name Check.

How long does Name Check typically take? Is there any other person who applied in August and is in the same boat as I am in?

i remember i saw somewhere that if your name came back with 0 matches against their list, then the namecheck would be done almost immediately. the time it takes for namecheck increases with the number of matches they found.

Wanted to share my Oath Experience at Monterey...

Well after postponing my wife's Oath date by 2 weeks (tried first to prepone mine but that did not work) via an infopass to May 16 so that both of us could take oath together and won't need to make 2 trips, we finally took our oaths and pledged alligiance to the Star Spangled Banner and USA on May 16 aound 11 AM, and finally got done with this long journey that started some 12 years back.
Going back, i came to this country for the remaining 2.5 years on my H1B with my wife right after marriage, as a GC was just next to impossible in that duration when normal wait times were north of 4 years. But When Clinton changed the immigration laws about H1 max stay and GC, i guess i was one direct beneficiary, could stay beyond 6 years and also got my GC in less than 2 years after applying. And last Friday, i became a USC.
Oath ceremony was scheduled for Montery office at 10:30. Reached around 30 mins early, as usual, and after the security screening, went to the Suite 160 in the building. There were some folks there before us too.
The officials were very kind and courteous. They took away our Oath letter and GCs at the Hall entrance, looked up our Naturalization Certificates, put them in order and asked us to follow another official who was helping folks with the seating in the same order. This kept on going till 10:40-10:45 i believe till everyone who had to take oath was in. Then a Sr official came and asked all of us to take oath by repeating after her from the written material provided, and our right hand raised. After that, she asked one of the fellows who had come to take oath to read the pledge of allegiance to the flag while keeping our right hand across our heart. After that there was a short 10 min video of President Bush congratulating us on becoming US citizens, and then they distributed our Naturalization Certificate and asked us to verify it. They had also given us small American Flags that they said we could wave, and screaming with joy and whistling etc is all accepted as expression of happiness and jubilation.
The whole process took around 35-40 mins and we were done.
We took our 4 yr old with us as her preschool is closed on Fridays.
With this i am done with this thread, though i will still remain subscribed i guess. Now since i plan to visit India soon and can't wait for OCI, i will go the PIO way and pay extra for it.
Good luck to all of you waiting. Relax and have faith, it might take some time but will happen. Overall took us almost a year (when we applied, it was taking 6 months for the folks).

Well after postponing my wife's Oath date by 2 weeks (tried first to prepone mine but that did not work) via an infopass to May 16 so that both of us could take oath together and won't need to make 2 trips, we finally took our oaths and pledged alligiance to the Star Spangled Banner and USA on May 16 aound 11 AM, and finally got done with this long journey that started some 12 years back.
Going back, i came to this country for the remaining 2.5 years on my H1B with my wife right after marriage, as a GC was just next to impossible in that duration when normal wait times were north of 4 years. But When Clinton changed the immigration laws about H1 max stay and GC, i guess i was one direct beneficiary, could stay beyond 6 years and also got my GC in less than 2 years after applying. And last Friday, i became a USC.
Oath ceremony was scheduled for Montery office at 10:30. Reached around 30 mins early, as usual, and after the security screening, went to the Suite 160 in the building. There were some folks there before us too.
The officials were very kind and courteous. They took away our Oath letter and GCs at the Hall entrance, looked up our Naturalization Certificates, put them in order and asked us to follow another official who was helping folks with the seating in the same order. This kept on going till 10:40-10:45 i believe till everyone who had to take oath was in. Then a Sr official came and asked all of us to take oath by repeating after her from the written material provided, and our right hand raised. After that, she asked one of the fellows who had come to take oath to read the pledge of allegiance to the flag while keeping our right hand across our heart. After that there was a short 10 min video of President Bush congratulating us on becoming US citizens, and then they distributed our Naturalization Certificate and asked us to verify it. They had also given us small American Flags that they said we could wave, and screaming with joy and whistling etc is all accepted as expression of happiness and jubilation.
The whole process took around 35-40 mins and we were done.
We took our 4 yr old with us as her preschool is closed on Fridays.
With this i am done with this thread, though i will still remain subscribed i guess. Now since i plan to visit India soon and can't wait for OCI, i will go the PIO way and pay extra for it.
Good luck to all of you waiting. Relax and have faith, it might take some time but will happen. Overall took us almost a year (when we applied, it was taking 6 months for the folks).

thanks for sharing and congrats!!!! :)

Anyone got June oath letters?

My husband and I both have PD 07/05/07, FP of 09/28/07. His Intv was 04/02/08 and mine was 04/03/08. He received oath letter for June 13th (Monterrey office) on May 17th(mailed on May14th) whereas I have not received it as of today(5/19).

Anyone else who has received June oath letters? It'll be great if you could post your timelines.

June oath letters for Any late March interviewees?

How about interviewees from late March? Did anyone get oath letter for June 13th?

Re-schedule interview

So my wife finally got her interview letter.!

Unfortunately, the interview was schedule right in the middle of our vacation (Europe, non refundable tickets, bought 3 months ago). So we sent the letter back requesting the interview to be re-schedule.

Hopefully, this is not going to set her back 6 months...

Her details:
PD 08/22/07
Fingerprint 12/26/07
Interview 06/22/08... to be reschedule

Question for Huracan

Park4541, I am in the same boat FP 9/27/07 & Interview 4/11/08. I haven't got the oath letter yet.

Huracan,

Want to draw on your experience with the process in general. I don't see anyone having posted June oath letters receipts yet. My husband who interviewed on 04/02/08 (a day before me) received his on May 17th for June 13th ceremony.

I haven't received it and neither has ktharip ( ktharip - Did you interview on 04/02/08 or 4/11/08? )

Do you think we should be scheduling an infopass?

I would give yourself a few weeks more before scheduling an Infopass. Chances are your case got stuck in supervisor review, that can slow it down a couple of weeks that together with timing for the oath letters would put you in some July ceremony. Depending on how patient you are I would say schedule the Infopass if you don't hear anything within the next month. On the other hand if you decide to take an Infopass, please let us know if it was the case that it was stuck in supervisor review. It could also be that the ceremony filled up.

How do you sign the oath letter (not the Naturalization Certificate)
cursive or regular (like you sign your cheque)?:eek:

Have not seen any june dates --- yet

Huracan,

Want to draw on your experience with the process in general. I don't see anyone having posted June oath letters receipts yet. My husband who interviewed on 04/02/08 (a day before me) received his on May 17th for June 13th ceremony.

I haven't received it and neither has ktharip ( ktharip - Did you interview on 04/02/08 or 4/11/08? )

Do you think we should be scheduling an infopass?

I see that Faltuka had the interview on 4/02/08 and has been scheduled for oath on 5/30/2008. I also see that N400toLawrence had the interview on 4/8/08 and schedule for oath on 05/22/08 -- congratulations to all. I saw these here : http://www.editgrid.com/user/cistracking/N400_Tracking

Good luck to you.

Editgrid N-400 tracking incorrect

All,

As someone pointed out on this forum, the tracker at
http://www.editgrid.com/user/cistracking/N400_Tracking

has been incorrectly sorted and is longer reflecting correct information.

We need to rely on folks posting info on this forum to acsertain their oath dates. Anyone who has received June oath letters, please post as soon as possible so that others can benefit on knowing the timeline