San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Still waiting for oath letter..

My husband and I both have PD 07/05/07, FP of 09/28/07. His Intv was 04/02/08 and mine was 04/03/08. He received oath letter for June 13th (Monterrey office) on May 17th(mailed on May14th) whereas I have not received it as of today(5/19).

Anyone else who has received June oath letters? It'll be great if you could post your timelines.

Got my interview on March 20th and still waiting for OL. Looks like there a few folks with interview dates in March still waiting for OL..

My timeline :

Service Center: CSC
District Office: San Jose
Mailed Date: 6-20-2007
PD Date: 6-29-2007
Finger Print Notice Received 8-28-2007
Finger Print Date 9-18-2007
Interview Letter Received Date 1-28-2008
Interview Date/Completed 3-19-2008
Oath Notice :??
Oath ??

Just an update Hurucan. Both myself and my wife got our Oath letters
for Jun 18th location Campbell.

Huracan,

Want to draw on your experience with the process in general. I don't see anyone having posted June oath letters receipts yet. My husband who interviewed on 04/02/08 (a day before me) received his on May 17th for June 13th ceremony.

I haven't received it and neither has ktharip ( ktharip - Did you interview on 04/02/08 or 4/11/08? )

Do you think we should be scheduling an infopass?

Got Interview Letter

A quick update. I received my interview letter in the mail today. Status updated below.

Srija

-------------------------
San Jose DO
PD 12/26/07
FP Notice Date 01/04/08
FP Done 01/31/08
IL Recd 05/23/08
Interview Schedule 07/11/08

Got Interview Letter

A quick update. I received my interview letter in the mail today. Status updated below.

Srija

San Jose DO
PD 12/26/07
FP Notice Date 01/04/08
FP Done 01/31/08
IL Recd 05/23/08
Interview Schedule 07/11/08

srija
i am so happy for you! looking at your date, i am *hopeful* that i will be getting my IL in the next 2 months!!! (my PD is Feb 12)

Oath Ceremony Experience in Campbell

It was uneventful and since i worked so hard in the last week and the week before, i actually fall asleep during the session. There were a lot of Indians being naturalized at yesterday's ceremony and with all others from 53 different countries including myself. The whole ceremony lasted about one hour and 15 minutes.

Received OL

Hope I get mine soon too
Unfortunately, my wife did not receive hers although our timelines are identical. I am not sure if it is a post office goofup delivering to a different mailbox as it has happened in the past or just a delay from USCIS. Keeping our fingers crossed.

Congratulations park4541! :) I was pretty sure it was just a matter of time to get your oath letter and that it was not worth taking the Infopass.

sv786, I hope your wife's letter arrives soon.

It seems they are scheduling more ceremonies, that's good. I'd just wish they would hurry up with the N-600 applications too ;)

Thanks Huracan

sv786, I hope your wife's letter arrives soon.
Thanks Hurracan. I have scheduled an infopass just in case. Hope they can confirm if the OL was sent out as it is difficult to explain when we have the interview on the same date & time and things have been in sync all along for me and my wife that makes me worry. If she really did not make it for the June ceremony, it will put her case 3 months from interview for Oath. Very long indeed.

OL Received today

Folks, I got my OL today. It is in Campbell on June 18, exactly 3 months from Interview date.

------------------------------------------------
Service Center: CSC
District Office: San Jose
Mailed Date: 6-20-2007
PD Date: 6-29-2007
Finger Print Notice Received 8-28-2007
Finger Print Date 9-18-2007
Interview Letter Received Date 1-28-2008
Interview Date/Completed 3-19-2008
Oath Notice :5/24
Oath : 6/18

Question for targetgc

After your interview, did you get "Recommended for approval" checked? If yes, yours is probably the first case I am hearing where it is 3 months from ID to OD for a straight-forward case. Has anyone else experienced this or know of anyone where it has taken this long ?

Thanks Hurracan. I have scheduled an infopass just in case. Hope they can confirm if the OL was sent out as it is difficult to explain when we have the interview on the same date & time and things have been in sync all along for me and my wife that makes me worry. If she really did not make it for the June ceremony, it will put her case 3 months from interview for Oath. Very long indeed.

Remember that cases are no longer processed together. Yes, usually cases proceed in synchrony, but they can also deviate. I think the letter will show up soon, but I understand if you want to take an Infopass to find out. Please let us know what they tell you. It is always difficult to interpret how USCIS does things, and now that they are dealing with the bloat of applications from last summer they are doing quite a few things differently from a year ago. More ceremonies for one. Good luck.

reply to sv786

Yes, I did get "Recommended for approval" marked on my Interview results. The officer told me right after the interview that I might not make May as the slots were getting filled up fast. But he assured me that June should not be an issue. Given that there was a huge number of apps last summer (to beat the fee increase deadline) 3 months from Interview to OD may become the norm for a while. Of course theymay want to clear up apps as the election nears..

Thanks !!

Thanks to Both Huracan and targetgc. For us, we were clearly told that we will make it to the June ceremony. The thing that makes me wonder is how they schedule the oath. If the Interview Date and time were the same and the receipt #s are concurrent and infact her A# is lower than mine :), if there is any s/w logic, either my wife's OL should have come first or at the same time. But we all know how USCIS scheduler works. I will update the forum from the Infopass visit. Hey, my GC was also like this. Right till the last minute everything was smooth and after the case was approved, I did not receive my approval letter. SO I had to try SFO and SJC to get the Passport stamped by somehow convincing them. I am used to last minute jitters now.

All,

As someone pointed out on this forum, the tracker at
http://www.editgrid.com/user/cistracking/N400_Tracking

has been incorrectly sorted and is longer reflecting correct information.

We need to rely on folks posting info on this forum to acsertain their oath dates. Anyone who has received June oath letters, please post as soon as possible so that others can benefit on knowing the timeline

Hey guys, I am sorry that I haven't come here for a while; getting busy at work.

Our tracker was messed up.
Usually I would do some comparisons between all the new versions in order to retain any useful information people entered after my last save.
But this time since the very next version after my last edit was already screwed, I had to reverted it back to my last version, which was on 4/20.
I just went through all the posts since 4/20 and entered information I could find from them.

So guys, please check your data or add your new data if it is not already there.
The tracker is informative only when we all put in our updated data.

Best luck to all of you!!!