San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

The USPS status shows 'item delivered' with the tracking no. provided by the U.S. Passport Application Status website.

I received only the naturalization certificate and not the passport itself. I understand that they could be mailed separately.

The National Passport Information Center could not confirm if the tracking number provided was for the actual passport or just the certificate.

Anyone faced a similar situation ? Thanks.

====

I don't know if things have changed, but in the past it used to be that when mailing separately the certificate was sent by regular mail, so the tracking number should belong to the passport envelope. Anyway, do you still keep the envelope where they sent you the certificate? Does it have that tracking number? Perhaps your passport was delivered to a wrong address.

Thanks Huracan. I do have the envelop in which i received the cert. back but looks like regular mail, although i do see something that looks like a bar code on the cover. Anyway keeping my fingers crossed. Don't want to end this saga with a lost passport...

==

to T_D and waitforsolong

Hello to both of you. I've read a few pages of this thread, and my case is very similar to yours. Actually, mine is worse. I wonder if you can help me with some information.

My N400 dates back to March 2005, and my interview was in July 2005. Since then I have been waiting for name check. I didn't follow up on this for the past year. Well, I went into infopass last month, and was told my name check had already cleared in July 2007. Now I see that both of you got the second fp notice and the form 215 after name check clearance, but I got neither...Yours were automatically sent out, right? Or did you have to push for them by going to infopass often?

Who should I address my letter to if I inquire about my case at the San Jose office? The officer who interviewed me? Especially for T_D, is this letter more useful than infopass? Thanks for any info.

Hi all,
I received my passport yesterday. I had applied for it in the 6weeks wait category, but got it in 11 days! which is nice :)
My husband had applied for it in the 10 days category and he got it in 8 days.

sho1997: My passport and certificate were in separate packages. The passport was in a USPS priority envelope and the certificate was in a large yellow envelope.
Hope you receive the passport soon.

We also applied for passport cards too but they have not arrived yet.

Our particulars:
PD: May 18, 07
FP: Aug 02, 07
Interview: Feb 12, 08
Oath: April 24, 08
Applied for passports: april 24, 08
Spouse received passport: May 02,08
I received my passport: May 05, 08

Good luck everyone! :)

Quest4gc:)

My wife and I had our interview today at the Monterey road office. Our appointment time was 2:35 PM. We were in the waiting area by 1:45PM or so. We dropped off the letters at window #1 and waited for our names to be called. My wife was called in around 2:00 PM and was out by 2:10 PM. Nothing out of the ordinary there. Pretty much by the book. All the 10 questions were from the flash card. Most of the questions around the declaration of independence . Who is second in line to become president etc.

The officer called me around 2:35 PM. He was friendly and joked about Indians in software. Went through the application form and making sure all the signatures were taken care of. I had made a trip after the application. He was lazy to look through the passport for the dates. Was happy to take my word for it and asked me to how much is 121 + 15. That was the total number of days I had been out of the country in the past 7 years. He looked at the traffic citations and asked if there were closed. I said yes, and he moved on to the next question. He then asked me to write "You cook very well." at the bottom of the application form. Finally, he gave me the test. Even before he gave me the test, he had marked the form that I had passed :) All questions were standard. I was out of there by 3:00 PM. Most of the time was spend chit chatting. Before I left, he said that I should get the oath letter in the next two months or so. He also said that if my wife and I were to get the oath appointment for the same date then we could go to the oath at the same time even if the times were different in the appointment letter.

Ok. Finally got my passport. It was put by mistake in the mailbox of another apartment in my complex, and to make matters worse its new tenants had just moved in and were checking their mails late.

I was just a heartbeat away from reporting my passport as missing and planning to go thru the motions of applying for another one. Hope no one else has to go through this. Just an emotional drain. Phew !

Lesson learnt: Even Priority mails are not safe from these type of errors and its worthwhile asking your neighbors if usps shows 'delivered' and you have not received it.

========

oath letter timeline is 2months

arun gk nice to read abt your interview experience. so oath letter is 2 months. My Interview is June 2nd.

Ok. Finally got my passport. It was put by mistake in the mailbox of another apartment in my complex, and to make matters worse its new tenants had just moved in and were checking their mails late.

I was just a heartbeat away from reporting my passport as missing and planning to go thru the motions of applying for another one. Hope no one else has to go through this. Just an emotional drain. Phew !

Lesson learnt: Even Priority mails are not safe from these type of errors and its worthwhile asking your neighbors if usps shows 'delivered' and you have not received it.

========

All is well that ends well. I am glad everything worked out, but sorry that you had to go through the stress of knowing that the envelope had gone astray.

Any body with PD Auguest 2007 who has received interview letter

Looks like arun who filed in end of July got his done. Has anyone who has a PD of August 2007 gone further than Finger printing - i.e., interview letter received?

Looks like arun who filed in end of July got his done. Has anyone who has a PD of August 2007 gone further than Finger printing - i.e., interview letter received?

U are not the only one there are bunch on other threads I saw .....

What do you mean by "U are not the only one there are bunch on other threads I saw ....."? Has anyone applied in August 2007 received interview letter?

I went to Infopass, got an appointment. Told me that my stage is "Name Check by FBI".

I was in read-only mode for the past few months, me and my wife yesterday received IL for June'24th ( San Jose ) .. Timeline is,

Applied : Some time early September'08
PD : 09/10/2007
Finger Print : 12/27/2007
IL Received : 05/12/08
Interview Date : 06/24/08

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems there hasn't been a new batch of oath letters for quite a few weeks. I haven't kept track of when batches show up, but I would give yourself another two weeks and a half. If you don't hear anything by then it might pay to schedule an Infopass or give a call.