San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

seems like the SJ DO has sped up in scheduling interviews. i rec'd my IL yesterday for interviewing july 22nd. my PD is mid Feb.

Update - I received my interview letter in the mail today. Status as below.

dope4datish

-------------------------
San Jose DO
PD 04/17/07
FP Done 07/31/07
IL Recd 05/31/08
Interview Schedule 07/14/08

Congratulations, dope4datish.
What took you so long, do you know?
Your PD is only a few days behind mine.

seems like the SJ DO has sped up in scheduling interviews. i rec'd my IL yesterday for interviewing july 22nd. my PD is mid Feb.

milktea, congratulations!
That's really a good news for the new applicants.
Your number of days between PD and IL is only 105!!!!
It was over 200 a year ago.

BTW, could you please enter your detail information on the spreadsheet so that other people can benefit from it?
I've already created an entry for you.

I think increase in application fee is showing some results ... 105 days between PD and IL is impressive. Hoping I get it fast too.

I received my interview letter last week.

PD 2/28/2008
NOA 3/4/2008
FP 3/19/2008
IL 6/3/2008
ID 7/23/2008

But I have a question. I will move to CT soon after interview. Should I come back for the oath or do the oath in CT? If I transfer my case to CT do I have to wait at lease 90 days before they start to process my case? Thanks.

I received my interview letter last week.

PD 2/28/2008
NOA 3/4/2008
FP 3/19/2008
IL 6/3/2008
ID 7/23/2008

But I have a question. I will move to CT soon after interview. Should I come back for the oath or do the oath in CT? If I transfer my case to CT do I have to wait at lease 90 days before they start to process my case? Thanks.

Try not to transfer your case as it increases the chances of delay due to whatever reason like, sending files over, loss of papers and many other possibilities. Ask Interview officer to put mailing address as new CT address but keep the case here and come back for oath. In case you transfer, I dont think you have to wait as you are past interview stage. I am not an expert so I am not 100% sure of this.

June oath letters?

Any one who received their oath letters in June for a late June or July oath appointment? I was unable to see any in the tracking spreadsheet.

Thanks to all :) Good Luck to people who are awaiting....
Completed Oath last month.
Now what next ?
One question : Do we need to sign or write our name on the certificate ? On the photo I have signed my first name and written my last name. Can someone clarify ?

Guys.. sorry for hijacking this thread, but it seems this is the only place I can ask the San Jose filers. I applied my wife for her EAD and greencard based on US Citizen Spouse, see my timeline below.

my questions for those who knows/has experience with SanJose DO:
1) How long does it usually take to get the EAD
2) How long does it usually take to get the GC
Assuming no issue whatsoever with the applications.

Wife Rec'd OL as well

We went for the infopass this morning. Took about an hour from entry to exit. The office said that the file has been put in Q for oath on April 25th (10 days after the interview). Looks like some officers do in ASAP and some do in batches. In any case, the letter was not lost in the email. We are ok waiting for it. She also said that if someone cancels then we might make it for the June ceremony itself. So the wait begins

Scheduled for July 11th at the USCIS office. Coincidentally, there are couple of ceremonies in the campbell theater in July (10th & 24). Looks like there is a huge backlog for oath

http://www.ci.campbell.ca.us/heritagetheatre/events.htm

Got my interview date

sorry i hvae off the forum for a while. I was traveling too much and not easy access to internet. I receive my IL in April end.

So my IL date is June 18th (next week)

I downloaded the 100 question set from tne internet. is that all i should study? Anything else needed to prepare for the interview?

Also, I got the list of things to take with you for the interview from a different thread on this forum:
1. Interview Appt Letter
2. Passport
3. Driver's License
4. Tax returns for the last 5 years
5. Social Scurity Card
6. 4 identical colored photos (just in case)
7. Birth Certificate
8. Documents to prove residency (I imagine Green card etc)
9. Pencil
10. I-140, I-130, I-360
11. Copy of Original N400 application
12. Ink or Ball Pen

I think this list is a "take all these with you just in case" list.
Is there anything else that is needed? People wgo went for the interview recently to the SJ office, did u need to take anything else?

Quick update on my timeline: -- it is amazingly fast :)

04/07/2008: Fedex'ed to CSC
04/08/2008: CSC received (Priority Date)
04/09/2008: Check cashed
04/15/2008: Notice Date
04/18/2008: Notice Received
04/21/2008: FP Notice
05/01/2008: FP done
06/16/2008: Interview Notice received (interview date 7/30/2008)

Quick update:

04/07/2008: Fedex'ed to CSC
04/08/2008: CSC received (Priority Date)
04/09/2008: Check cashed
04/15/2008: Notice Date
04/18/2008: Notice Received
04/21/2008: FP Notice
05/01/2008: FP done

Interview done, no oath letter yet

My interview was done on April 30, 2008 but I haven't received any oath letter yet (same for my wife). Any thoughts/suggestions ?

7/25/2007: Priority
4/30/2008: Interview done

Not yet for me

My wife and I had our interview on 05/06 on a priority date of 07/26/2007. Nothing in the mail yet for us. I have neither seen any announcements here nor posting updates on the tracking list for any interviews after 4/26/08.

-Arun

In the oath letter it says bring- "any other immigration documents". What does that mean? I am planning to take my GC, passport and the signed oath letter. Anything else required?

That's a catch all sentence in case you have some things like Advance Parole document or some other immigration documents. Most people just take the GC and the letter as you say.