San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

My interview was done on April 30, 2008 but I haven't received any oath letter yet (same for my wife). Any thoughts/suggestions ?

7/25/2007: Priority
4/30/2008: Interview done

Actually, my wifes interview date was also April 30th, 2008 and waiting for oath letter still.

Oath Completed today

Got certificate. The USCIS supervisor informed everyone to sign as in the photograph (cursive) either there or at home. He specifically mentioned not your usual signature. Experience was just like everybody else. Scheduled for 10am. County voter registration officials speaking in 4 languages, national anthem by a lady, introduction by the supervisor, administation of oath by USCIS acting field director and then pledge of allegiance by a new citizen and a video from the president. All in all well organized and were handed out certificates as seated. And the usual 10-15mins to get out of the heritage theater parking lot. Now off to get passport.

Guys,
Done with my Oath yesterday Thanks to this great forum for having walked through all stages, H1, GC, Citizenship. Our oath experience was the same as listed earlier, We did take our children with us (5 & 1 yr old), In case anyone had questions about taking kids. We did apply for our passports.

Here are my time lines :-
07/10/07: Priority Date
09/27/07: FP Completed
02/11/08: IL Received Date
04/02/08: IL Scheduled Date
04/02/08: Interview completed
05/18/08 : Oath Letter received
06/18/08 : Oath completed
06/18/08 : Passport applied

congratulations and thanks

First of all Congratulations to all who completed their oath. Thanks for updating us on the process and the caveats.

No letter yet

At the time of interview, he told me that I should hear in about 2 months time. It has been close to 7 weeks time.....still waiting :) Have we seen any oath letter receipt announcements in June.

5/6/08 Interview...where's the oath letter?

I am also waiting to receive the oath letter. The immigration officer at the interview said I should receive it some time in June...hmmmm

Oath letters tend to come in batches. If there hasn't been a batch lately, then you shouldn't despair. It might still come. The moment to despair is when you didn't get a letter within two days of everyone else saying they got their letters. Anyway, with the extra oath ceremonies they have now it is always hard to say when one is going to get the letter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oath letters tend to come in batches. If there hasn't been a batch lately, then you shouldn't despair. It might still come. The moment to despair is when you didn't get a letter within two days of everyone else saying they got their letters. Anyway, with the extra oath ceremonies they have now it is always have to say when one is going to get the letter.

That is correct. My experience is I have always received these on a friday. Mailed by USCIS on a tuesday or wednesday.

indeeed

That is correct. My experience is I have always received these on a friday. Mailed by USCIS on a tuesday or wednesday.

Here is validation for your claim :). I see that someone with the handle of "brutus 123" got his oath letter yesterday for an oath on 7/24. Priority date is 07/09/07 and had the interview on 04/04/08. Looks like they are still processing April interviews. Many more days to wait, I suppose :)

Hang-in there

Here is validation for your claim :). I see that someone with the handle of "brutus 123" got his oath letter yesterday for an oath on 7/24. Priority date is 07/09/07 and had the interview on 04/04/08. Looks like they are still processing April interviews. Many more days to wait, I suppose :)
The oath dates are highly unpredictable even though you may have same PD or ID. As in our case, where my wife is 3 weeks behind although we had the same ID and time. To my best guess, if the officer checked "Recomended for approval", they may not update their system immediately. But one thing for sure is these letters come in batches and twice every month once around 15th and anothe around 28th (give or take 2 days). This is based on my experience for Fingerprints, Interview letter, my oath letter and my spouse's oath letter. At least that is predictable :)
Another thing to check for is the campbell heritage theater events. THere are 2 for July.
http://www.ci.campbell.ca.us/heritagetheatre/events.htm
There is also one on 11th at the monterey road USCIS office. If you haven't received your letters for one of the dates above, it's likely that you may be scheduled for august unless there are cancellations. Just my observation.

Lost oath letter

Hi,

I am having my Oath in San jose DO on July 11 ( I found out after calling the 1800 number and talking to an IO) and I am not able to locate the oath letter. What are my options? Is there any way to get duplicate Oath letter? I have fixed an infopass on tuesday to find out more but inbetween I am very tensed, has there been anyone in the same boat? Please advise.

Thanks

PS I also created a new thread but just got one response. So was posted in this again.

Hi,

I am having my Oath in San jose DO on July 11 ( I found out after calling the 1800 number and talking to an IO) and I am not able to locate the oath letter. What are my options? Is there any way to get duplicate Oath letter? I have fixed an infopass on tuesday to find out more but inbetween I am very tensed, has there been anyone in the same boat? Please advise.

Thanks

PS I also created a new thread but just got one response. So was posted in this again.

I do not have a solution for you. If I were in your position, I would be taking an infopass appointment as well. So you are on the right track. Are you saying that you received the letter and lost it or that you never received it? I bet they can re-issue a letter pronto. My friend in San Diego got his letter handed it to him when he went for the info pass appointment. He had not received his letter in the mail. Hard to believe that it is normal practice though. We would be curious to hear about your experience. So please post it here. Good luck.

Oath Letter

Bye bye June .... hello July I hope. Good information regarding the mail times for the oath letter.

Sounds like the previous poster never rec'd his letter.

Will keep you all posted if I receive mines.

Been away from the forum for 3 weeks.
Now PD-IL is now less than 100 days, and the latest reported one is, what, 66!! OMG!!!
You indeed get what you pay for.
Congratulations guys!!!

Oh, don't forget to come here and update the tracker.
Right now they are processing much faster than before. That means less people will experience long wait without any news.
But still, your information is very helpful to others.

Last edited by a moderator: