San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

I am Jan 2008 filer ...

Hi everyone!

I filed N-400 and I did Bio last March. But I have never heard from then.

Is there anyone who filed to CSC and is waiting for further notice from San Jose office? I ma waiting for the interview notice for long. I heard that San Jose office is very slow.

Or have you already done the interview or others?

I would appreciate any information about San Jose office

Thank you very much.

My timeline:

Jan 18, 2008: Sent N-400 to CSC
Feb 01, 2008: Received date & Priority date
March 04, 2008: Biometrics appointment
Waiting for the interview notice from San Jose office......

George

Wife received oath letter

She had her interview on May 6'th and received her Oath letter today for an oath on August 7. The interesting part is that she has been asked to come to the Santa Clara County Fairground at 344 Tully Road.

I had my interview on the same date but no letter yet. will keep you posted. This is getting interesting :)

Arungk wish you get yours soon... 90 days from interview to oath itself is long time frame. do you plan info pass... to check if they had sent it...

I will probably take one appointment

Arungk wish you get yours soon... 90 days from interview to oath itself is long time frame. do you plan info pass... to check if they had sent it...

Thanks gctdocs. I will give it a week and then schedule one just to make sure that it was not somehow lost in the scheduling process. I have never gone for an infopass before...so I will need to figure out how to make an appointment.

Question about infopass

Do I need to have a Service Request ID Number from NCSC before I can go in for an infopass Case Services follow-up appointment? Any helpful information in this regard is appreciated.

This is the option text from their appointment page

"Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment"

Thanks,
Arun

Do I need to have a Service Request ID Number from NCSC before I can go in for an infopass Case Services follow-up appointment? Any helpful information in this regard is appreciated.

This is the option text from their appointment page

"Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment"

Thanks,
Arun

No, all you need is a photo copy of the Infopass appointment from the USCIS website.

Interview done

I finished my interview on June 19th. And this is what happened:

- The officer said that I needed to give them 2 photos because they had not recvd any with my application. This came as a surprise to me as I HAD sent 2 photos with my application. So she said that she could not complete my paperwork as 2 photos were missing and asked me to come the next day with 2 photos.
-she took my interview the same day however. she had a printed list of 10 questions. She asked me 6 questions, I answered them correct, she marked them correct and then didnt bother to ask me the remaining 4 questions.
-the next day i went back with 2 photos, she called me in quite quickly, so I had to wait only 5 minutes.
-She made me write my name on the photo in cursive writing. Then she said that her system was down and she needed to do more work on my case. So she would not be able to give me any letter saying that I am done with the interview successfully. She said I will receive my oath letter at home. It takes anytime between 1 to 4 months.

And that was it.

Now I am waiting for the Oath letter. Apparently, its taking about 3 months from the interview date these days - as I infer from other folks' dates on the this forum.

Good luck the rest of u guys.

I finished my interview on June 19th. And this is what happened:

- The officer said that I needed to give them 2 photos because they had not recvd any with my application. This came as a surprise to me as I HAD sent 2 photos with my application. So she said that she could not complete my paperwork as 2 photos were missing and asked me to come the next day with 2 photos.
-she took my interview the same day however. she had a printed list of 10 questions. She asked me 6 questions, I answered them correct, she marked them correct and then didnt bother to ask me the remaining 4 questions.
-the next day i went back with 2 photos, she called me in quite quickly, so I had to wait only 5 minutes.
-She made me write my name on the photo in cursive writing. Then she said that her system was down and she needed to do more work on my case. So she would not be able to give me any letter saying that I am done with the interview successfully. She said I will receive my oath letter at home. It takes anytime between 1 to 4 months.

And that was it.

Now I am waiting for the Oath letter. Apparently, its taking about 3 months from the interview date these days - as I infer from other folks' dates on the this forum.

Good luck the rest of u guys.

Well, you can't blame anybody but yourself ;) You are always delayed because you forget to bring important stuff to the interview and then you go the day their system is down ;) I am just kidding. The two photos is about what I recommend (when I remember) people to take to the interview. If they don't need the pictures you can use them for your passport. That's what I did.

Yes, it is taking several months, but my guess is that they are going to speed up this too, by scheduling "macro" ceremonies. arungk_us mentioned an invitation to go to the Santa Clara county fairgrounds. I would guess this is going to be a larger venue than Campbell theater and might be able to naturalize a larger number of people in a single ceremony. Keep your hopes up, you can't always be delayed ;)

Good luck :)

lol about the photos!! Considering people take boxes of other docs, 2 extra photos should be at the top of the list of stuff to take.

When we went last yr, there was a small booth like thingie where a vendor was selling stuff and offering photo service also I think. I wonder if I he is still there.

Yes, there was a guy (7/15/2008) with a booth selling snacks drinks, and will take your photo. I don't think its simple to go in and out to get your photo taken though, because you need your letter to get back in.

Oath Notice Received today in the Mail....

Our interview was on 5/6. Still Waiting. I have not seen any May interviews being posted on this board. The latest interview date sighting was 4/26.

-Arun

Finally - GOT IT TODAY! Scheduled on August 7th @10am in San Jose, CA off of Tully. I hope you get yours today or tomorrow Arun as you and I interviewed the same day.

Finally - GOT IT TODAY! Scheduled on August 7th @10am in San Jose, CA off of Tully. I hope you get yours today or tomorrow Arun as you and I interviewed the same day.

Congratulations!

As you can see in my earlier post, my wife, who interviewed the same day, got her letter yesterday. Are you also asked to come to the Santa Clara County Fairground?

I am yet to receive mine. I will probably do an infopass to check on my status.

Thanks,
Arun

Congratulations!

As you can see in my earlier post, my wife, who interviewed the same day, got her letter yesterday. Are you also asked to come to the Santa Clara County Fairground?

I am yet to receive mine. I will probably do an infopass to check on my status.

Thanks,
Arun

The notice says to go to the US Citizenship and Immigration Services at 344 Tully Road....Santa Clara County Fairgrounds.

What's up with having it at the Fairgrounds? Any ideas? Maybe because they are expecting a large crowd?

Comments are appreciated.....

I do hope you get yours soon Arun...keep us posted please!!!

My guess is that it is a larger venue where they might be able to naturalize a larger crowd, more than the 400 or so in Campbell. That's the only way to clear up the oath backlog now that they are performing the interviews rather quickly. The oath ceremony is something that relatively well organized can naturalize more than a thousand people in short time. My point is that it scales rather well, as long as you have a few people to collect oath letters and to give out the certificates at the end of the ceremony the ceremony itself can be done for 400 to thousands of people without any change. I am curious to see what you guys post about that experience, in particular how many people attend the ceremony.

The notice says to go to the US Citizenship and Immigration Services at 344 Tully Road....Santa Clara County Fairgrounds.

What's up with having it at the Fairgrounds? Any ideas? Maybe because they are expecting a large crowd?

At the end of my interview on 7/15, I asked how long the oath letter i likely to be, and the officer said that there is a huge ceremony in august for 10,000 people. So, I guess this is it. I hope I get my oath letter quick!

arungk and all, I 've received my oath letter today for Aug 7 08. I think Arungk should be geting anytime.
PD 07/27/07
FP 10/30/07
IL 04/24/08
ID 06/02/08
OL 07/17/08
OD 08/07/08

taken infopass appt for July 31'st

I have taken my infopass appointment for July 31'st. I will post my experience here on the 31'st.

Yay!

arungk and all, I 've received my oath letter today for Aug 7 08. I think Arungk should be geting anytime.
PD 07/27/07
FP 10/30/07
IL 04/24/08
ID 06/02/08
OL 07/17/08
OD 08/07/08

That is excellent news! Congratulations. I have taken an infopass appointment for the 31'st. I am hopeful that they have an answer.

-Arun

Finally!

:D

Hi Guys,

Finally my wife and I received oath letter on Thu. for Aug 7.
I gather from the info so far that there will be a huge gathering at Tully Rd. on Aug 7th. Any guesses how long the whole process its going to take given the number of people? And you guys have been great on the forum with all the info I needed throughout the process, whenever I had a question and never had to post it. Many thanks to Hurracan and others! The sj spreadsheet was a great idea too!

Hope arungk gets the "o" letter soon.

Thanks,

ND: 8/3/07
PD: 7/26/07
FP: 10/10/07
ID: 5/19/08
OD: 8/7/08

Congratulations!

:D

Hi Guys,

Finally my wife and I received oath letter on Thu. for Aug 7.
I gather from the info so far that there will be a huge gathering at Tully Rd. on Aug 7th. Any guesses how long the whole process its going to take given the number of people? And you guys have been great on the forum with all the info I needed throughout the process, whenever I had a question and never had to post it. Many thanks to Hurracan and others! The sj spreadsheet was a great idea too!

Hope arungk gets the "o" letter soon.

Thanks,

ND: 8/3/07
PD: 7/26/07
FP: 10/10/07
ID: 5/19/08
OD: 8/7/08

Glad to see the oath queue finally move. Hope that they can keep the pace and clear up the backlog.