San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

planning to re-sched oath taking.

is anyone can advise me,i was interviewed last nov 15 but until now i still haven't got an OL and i have to go to Philippines this coming dec 10 and plan to come back by feb.do you think its okay if i'll just re-shecdule my oath taking to feb if in incase i will be schedule for oath taking when im still in Philippines?if so how and is it not risky?thanks..

Woo-hoo!

I was just about to ask you about your IL when I saw this messge. Waiting for my letter now!

Any predictions?

Good to see MAY Priority dates getting IL. We dont have many people in our tracking list. I guess you will get IL in next batch. That may be about last week of DEC. I might get after that. Hopefully Interview should be scheduled in FEB. Thanks everyone for sharing information.

I passed my interview yesterday :)

Someone took my interview letter along with another person, after I dropped it in the box. They made me wait almost an hour because if that. Interview was like 5-10mins. They asked me 10 Civil questions to read and write the answers.

Good luck to all

- LS

Last edited by a moderator:
Passed mine too yesterday!!

I had my interview yesterday morning. I was called in 20 mints before my interview time. everthing went well, it was quick and just took 10 mints.

All the best

Congratulations for passing the interview, just one question for you guys.

The interview test questions: were they from the standard question/answer from the booklet provided, or did they ask anything from the additional information with each question.

Thanks

Hopefully they will answer you, but the questions are always from the list of 96 questions, the ones from the booklet. Don't sweat it, that's the easiest part of the interview. I've never seen anybody posting here that they flunked the questions test. I would guess if someone is posting here it is someone with enough English skills to read and write English and to move around the Internet, those skills give you anything you need to pass the history test :)

I do remember someone recently reported that he/she was asked some out-of-the-booklet questions.

Also, some members here reported that interviewers asked them to read the questions aloud and answer them verbally, but some members said they were asked to write down the answers. Anyway, better start memorizing both the pronunciation and the spelling of the last name of our governor.

I know there is a thread of the list what to bring in the interview.
I am wondering however for SJ DO, what did they ask you?
I am preparing to bring:
- 5yr tax transcript
- Copy of my N400 app
- Utility bill
- Employment verification
- 2 passport pictures
- Selective Service proof
- all passports (expired & current)
- Greencard
- I have no traffic violation, this one I can be proud of... no single ticket for 15 yrs. DO I need DMV driving history?

did they ask you anything extra ordinary?

Public San Jose N400 Tracking Spreadsheet (Click Here)

04/06/07: Mailed
04/13/07: Received (It took 7 days using Priority Mail! )
04/13/07: Priority Date
04/27/07: Check Cashed
05/03/07: Notice Date
05/10/07: FP Notice
06/14/07: FP Appt and Done
11/23/07: IL received
01/11/08: Interview Appt and Done
??/??/??: Oath

Wow, I did not know you can do Interview scheduled for next year this year. I see that your Interview is on 1/11/08 but you say its done ;) maybe I slept for a long time and didn't know that world has changed :cool:

In my experience, only passports, green card and (for my wife) social security card. Nothing else. Photos is a good idea to take, although in my case they didn't need them. I used those photos for my passport, so nothing was lost.

My 2 cents.

I know there is a thread of the list what to bring in the interview.
I am wondering however for SJ DO, what did they ask you?
I am preparing to bring:
- 5yr tax transcript
- Copy of my N400 app
- Utility bill
- Employment verification
- 2 passport pictures
- Selective Service proof
- all passports (expired & current)
- Greencard
- I have no traffic violation, this one I can be proud of... no single ticket for 15 yrs. DO I need DMV driving history?

did they ask you anything extra ordinary?

Wow, I did not know you can do Interview scheduled for next year this year. I see that your Interview is on 1/11/08 but you say its done ;) maybe I slept for a long time and didn't know that world has changed :cool:

Haha... Don't pick on me, OK? :eek:
I did a copy and paste from the FP Appt. and Done. :D

U.S. Passport Application Status

How many days after encashing the check, does ones name appear in online U.S. Passport Application Status?

Regards
-aramamurthy
-----------------------------------------------------------
02/14/07 : PD
04/03/07: FP
10/10/07: Interview
10/29/07: N-445 date
11/28/07: Oath
11/28/07: Applied for passport (normal delivery)
12/03/07: Passport application fee check encashed

Interview on Dec 12 -- Done

Schduled at 2:20PM Dec 12, finished at 10:10AM Dec 12 because my wife was scheduled at 10:40AM. We came into offcie about 9:45AM.

Very simple question and nice officer

Just click on my name, it'll show all my old post about my application

Just click on my name, it'll show all my old post about my application