San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

oath letter for Dec 20th

got my oath letter for Dec 2o0h at the monterey rd location....interview was done on 7th Nov.......so i guess UCIS id working till 12/20.07 atleast....goodluck to the rest.....

got my oath letter for Dec 20th at the monterey rd location....interview was done on 7th Nov.......so i guess UCIS is working till 12/20.07 atleast....goodluck to the rest.....

Congratulations to everyone receiving interview and oath letters. That's a good Black Friday ;)

For those thinking about rescheduling, it is probably not wise to do it now, with all the backlog problems USCIS has at the moment. It will probably be ok, but it might also lead to a long delay. I would say, take a deep breath and say, does it matter a lot to me that the process could get delayed by a year or no. If the answer is you don't care about that kind of delay then reschedule. Of course chances is it won't be that bad, but it's better to be prepared for the worst case.

My 2 cents.

1887 Monterey Hwy question

Hi Guys,

Sorry to post these stupid questions:

1. After taking 280 and 7th street exit,
which side is the USCIS office on monterey hwy? (Left or right, left side shows some kind of warehouse in google satelite image).

2. Is it before or after stauffer blvd ?

3. Is there plenty of parking available?

4. Can we take kids along with us to the waiting area?

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Sorry to post these stupid questions:

1. After taking 280 and 7th street exit,
which side is the USCIS office on monterey hwy? (Left or right, left side shows some kind of warehouse in google satelite image).

2. Is it before or after stauffer blvd ?

3. Is there plenty of parking available?

4. Can we take kids along with us to the waiting area?

Thanks

Hi Punk,

The questions are pretty valid, but I might say that if you go ahead of time, or with some extra time, some of them you would have figured them out the day you go to the interview.

1. I would assume that once you take the exit you would go towards 1st St/Monterey Hwy pretty quickly, at least before Alma St. Then the office is before Stauffer and it is on your right (you'll be traveling southbound). Here goes a link with the satellite view.
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=San+J...pn=0.003072,0.003573&t=h&z=18&iwloc=addr&om=1

2. Already answered above.

3. A picture is worth a 1000 words, see the link above :) I'm just kidding, the parking lot is divided now, so you have to enter the parking lot from Monterey Hwy, the entrance that has the palm tree shadow on the link I provided. There is enough parking space as far as I can say.

4. Yes, there is a kids area. I would assume someone will be with your kids while you take the interview, as I don't think you could leave them by themselves. They have a small game table on one side of the room for kids to play.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
got my oath letter for Dec 2o0h at the monterey rd location....interview was done on 7th Nov.......so i guess UCIS id working till 12/20.07 atleast....goodluck to the rest.....

Congrats on receiving the Oath Letter.

My Interview was on Nov 6th and I still have not received the OL. Should I schedule an infopass or give it a few more days?

Thanks.

Received Interview Letter last week

Hello all,

My interview is scheduled on Jan 9th 2008.
Good to know that folks with April 07 PD are beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Good luck to everyone for the interviews.

Oath Ceremony For December-2007 in Bay Area

Congratulations on becoming citizenship. I live in Fremont, CA and I have been told by lawyer that I may be going to an Oath ceremony in December sometime since my citizenship has been approved. I still haven't received anything yet. I have to travel abroad on December 8th and I am hoping I get a letter before I leave. I don't want to miss my Oath ceremony at any cost but at the same time I can't simply sit and wait for it as it may not come for a while. I had such a terrible experience with Name Check and I don't want any problems anymore. It has been a long and hard fought battle for me to get my citizenship. I was wondering if anyone have received any Oath letters for December in San Jose? Any information would be useful.

Hi Punk,

The questions are pretty valid, but I might say that if you go ahead of time, or with some extra time, some of them you would have figured them out the day you go to the interview.

1. I would assume that once you take the exit you would go towards 1st St/Monterey Hwy pretty quickly, at least before Alma St. Then the office is before Stauffer and it is on your right (you'll be traveling southbound). Here goes a link with the satellite view.
http://maps.yahoo.com/broadband#mvt...110&trf=0&lon=-121.869589&lat=37.312018&mag=2

2. Already answered above.

3. A picture is worth a 1000 words, see the link above :) I'm just kidding, the parking lot is divided now, so you have to enter the parking lot from Monterey Hwy, the entrance that has the palm tree shadow on the link I provided. There is enough parking space as far as I can say.

4. Yes, there is a kids area. I would assume someone will be with your kids while you take the interview, as I don't think you could leave them by themselves. They have a small game table on one side of the room for kids to play.

Good luck.

One thing I don't like about Google Maps is that it doesn't tell you on which side your destination is.
In contrary Yahoo! Maps does say that it will be on the right hand side if you are going southbound Monterey.
However, according to the map, it is after Stauffer.

http://maps.yahoo.com/broadband#mvt...110&trf=0&lon=-121.869589&lat=37.312018&mag=2

Of course, I would rather trust Huracan than any mapping software.

Hi ahsieh,

Thanks for the vote of confidence :)

This link shows you the arrow pointing to the USCIS building. The entrance is right where the arrow points (well, that's where the line starts ;) The entrance is on the Northern part of that building corner, i.e. just around the corner. It is absolutely before Stauffer, Yahoo Maps is wrong, it is pointing you to the next block from the USCIS office. Google Maps seems to be right in this case, although they didn't tell you right or left.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1887+...pn=0.003072,0.003573&t=h&z=18&iwloc=addr&om=1

Hi Huracan

I have a question. My citizenship interviews is scheduled for 1/10/08. My wife is in India, Never been to US. What is the fastest way to bring her?. My understanding is that we need I-130 recipt number for filing I-129 (k3). Considering the I-130 recipting delays, is it ok to file I-130 as LPR and get the recipt number befor the oath and file I-129 (K3) on the oath date and status change the I-130 from LPR to Citizen.

Any advice?

sunnycalif2007,

Thanks for trusting that I know a lot more than I do about immigration ;) Unfortunately my knowledge of marriage cases and bringing relatives to the U.S. is at this time "zero". I would suggest that the family based immigration forum is the better place to ask your question. I know that a few folks in this thread have filed for spouses immigration and they can be better to answer your question if they're still around and checking this thread.

Now, don't take my word for it, but I seem to remember reading about people filing I-130 as LPR and then updating USCIS once they become citizens. I would think that your strategy sounds perfectly good and it should work as you expect, but I honestly don't know.

Well, I am losing a bit of touch with things, and then there is the couple of weeks without interviews for Christmas holidays, plus the fee hike debacle. Anyway, my best guess would be to receive the letter on the second half of February :)

Good luck.

I think you should get interview letter in next batch :) (current batched ended around Apr 19). Your PD is about 11 days from Apr 19. Your interview may be scheduled in JAN/FEB.

Hi Huracan,

You are the wizard here.... would you predict when I will receive my IL?
:D

Thank You

Infopass

Question for someone who has done Infopass for both self and spouse - do you need to make two separate appointments or just one?

Thanks.

Congrats on receiving the Oath Letter.

My Interview was on Nov 6th and I still have not received the OL. Should I schedule an infopass or give it a few more days?

Thanks.
Hi VodkaMartini007,

You are not alone, I've done my interview on 11/07/07 but I still have not receive my Oath Letter yet. However, my wife completed her interview on the same day and she already received her Oath Letter on 11/23/07. Let's hope we will receive ours soon.

Hi VodkaMartini007,

You are not alone, I've done my interview on 11/07/07 but I still have not receive my Oath Letter yet. However, my wife completed her interview on the same day and she already received her Oath Letter on 11/23/07. Let's hope we will receive ours soon.

Thanks for the update. I am planning to schedule an Infopass as we should have already recvd the Oath letter. It's three weeks already since we passed the interview (11/06)