San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Got my oath letter for Dec 21st at the Monterey Road location. Where in the USCIS building does the ceremony take place? The letter says "GATE 1" but I have no idea what it means.

Got my oath letter for Dec 21st at the Monterey Road location. Where in the USCIS building does the ceremony take place? The letter says "GATE 1" but I have no idea what it means.

Congratulation!!!

When is your interview date??

Second Review After Approval

Does anyone know of a "second review" being conducted after N-400 is approved (interview passed, namecheck cleared, and application approved for citizenship)? My case seems to be in this situation.

I guess USCIS can do whatever it wants with an application, but it seems odd to have a review after approving an application. I am hoping to tap into your collective knowledge to understand such reviews.

Hang in there, perhaps you'll get a letter for January's ceremony. As you say, USCIS can do as they please (within laws and regulations) until you take the oath. I have heard about many cases which go for supervisor review, perhaps this is your case. It is hard to say whether this is random, based on your case, or based on the experience of the interviewer (i.e. perhaps new officers require more supervision of adjudications), fraud prevention (i.e. the officer approving an application that didn't deserve to be approved because he/she's taking bribes (it has happened before)). Anyway, one way or another the application gets sent for supervisor review :( and I would guess they are pretty busy and it takes a few weeks more for the approval.

Good luck.

Hang in there, perhaps you'll get a letter for January's ceremony. ... I would guess they are pretty busy and it takes a few weeks more for the approval.

Thanks Huracan for your reply. I feel much better now :)

The part that frustrates me is that I passed my interview on Oct. 10th, and my application was approved the same day. The interviewing officer--who was courteous, well versed, and seasoned--seemed certain that I would be sworn in on Nov. 28th. Now, the officer I spoke to in my Infopass meeting this week, estimates that it might be March, or even April, before I am sworn in. The officer believes that the Jan. 23rd invitations have been finalized, if not already mailed out.

It would be nice if there is a system of escalating appeals, but any such system would be frought with problems, given the sheer number of appeals. (That there are/would be so many appeals already speaks volumes about the predictability and quality of the entire system.)

For now, I have written Senator Feinstein's office. Of course, they want three weeks before I can follow up with them. With the holidays, make that five weeks. To be frank, I don't expect much assistance from them: I don't see how they can assist me, if USCIS says the file is in review. It is not like anyone is interested in "root cause analysis". That would improve quality and all that :rolleyes:. (Actually, I am not being cynical; just practical.)

As you might imagine, much of my family's plan depends on my status. I do not mind my swearing-in being delayed, but I like to have an estimate of when it might be so my family can live by something that looks like a plan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Smurthy,

You are not the only one left behide. I passed my interview on 10/3 in Los Angeles DO and still has no oath invitation.

I had infopass on 12/6. The IO told me all background checks were done, just waiting for supervisor review of the IO's work. There is nothing I can do. The IO said a lot of people going to infopass the same day were complaining about the same issue. He said another department handles the reviews. I presume it's CSC. So your file and mine are probably stuck there.

The worse thing for me is that, L.A. DO is now handing out oath invitation on the same day as the interview all while many others who passed the interview long time back are still waiting...

I understand your pain, but I doubt there is much we can do if every one else is waiting too. I haven't seen a lot of posters having to wait as long as we do, but I just have to believe what the IO said for now...

Does anyone know where GATE 1 is?
Thanks.

Hi,
I applied in June . My dates:

PD :June 20 '07
ND :June 29 '07
FP : Sep 18th - '07 (Done on actual date)
Interview waiting...

Any idea when I can expect the interview date letter ?

Hi,

Interview waiting...

My guess is that it will take 2-3 more months for you to receive the IL.

Hi,

Interview waiting...

I say you will get your Interview letter between 23-31 January, with interview date around 19-26 March

Hi,
I applied in June 07 to CSC . My dates:

PD :June 03 '07
ND :June 12 '07
FP : Aug 23rd - '07 (Done on actual date)
Interview waiting...

The notice doc had mentioned that some documents are missing but didnot explain what? Did anybody get something similar

Thanks

Seeing the interview letters arrive for some whose PDs are in May, I am anxiously waiting for mine this week. My PD is May 9th.

Anyone else with a similar PD?

completed interview at San Jose DO

Hi All.

My wife and I completed interview at SJ Do. Mine was yesterday, an excellent experience, I was getting stressed for nothing. After interview IO said I "MAY" get scheduled for oath in February.

My wife' interview was today morning. The IO was bit unhappy because my wife failed to produce california ID (She left her purse with me in the waiting room). She applied for a name change in the application, so she was given a printed paper with her new name and had to sign it with her new name. She also had to sign the photographs with the new name. She was told, most likely she will be scheduled for oath in 3 months (that makes it March).

Anyway the wait for the oath begins.....

Thanks to all of you for the support, and good luck to everyone for interview/oath.

Hi All.

My wife and I completed interview at SJ Do. Mine was yesterday, an excellent experience, I was getting stressed for nothing. After interview IO said I "MAY" get scheduled for oath in February.

My wife' interview was today morning. The IO was bit unhappy because my wife failed to produce california ID (She left her purse with me in the waiting room). She applied for a name change in the application, so she was given a printed paper with her new name and had to sign it with her new name. She also had to sign the photographs with the new name. She was told, most likely she will be scheduled for oath in 3 months (that makes it March).

Thanks to all of you for the support, and good luck to everyone for interview/oath.

Congratulations...must be a huge relief. I am still waiting for my OL.

Thanks Huracan and Vodka.

Vodka,
If you see Ahsieh's spread sheet, it is interesting that after october 9th nobody has got oath letter. Looks like some standard delay that is happening, I hope you will get your oath scheduled in Jan.

Good luck.

Hi All.

Congratulations, punk!
So, you actually went to the SJDO today just to accompany your wife. What a good husband!

I have a question about name change.
I did not request one on the application form. Can I still request one at the interview?
One of my friends told me that name change cannot be done along with N400 anymore because there is no judge during oath to approve the name change.
Is this true?

BTW, for those who added their entries in the spreadsheet in the last week or so, please check to see if your information is there.
It was messed up really bad and some date information got shifted and I could not reliably recover all new data.
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
In the uscis website i saw a statement saying that N-400 applications filed after june 1 , 2007 will be done in 16-17 months time frame. Any one else know about this

punjabi14

PD :June 03 '07
ND :June 12 '07
FP : Aug 23rd - '07 (Done on actual date)
Interview waiting...