San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

cakid said:
Congratulations JJ !
did you get the oath letter with Dec 20 date on it? i checked the Campbell website, the earliest one is on Jan 17, 2007.

maybe Dec 20 is in another place?

does anybody know how to find out that?

Letter will be in the mail. I got the impress from the IV that there are oath ceremonies each week. I had a feeling (didn't ask) that I could've asked for an earlier date. But I had to choose a later date due to my travel schedule.

JJ_JJ said:
Letter will be in the mail. I got the impress from the IV that there are oath ceremonies each week. I had a feeling (didn't ask) that I could've asked for an earlier date. But I had to choose a later date due to my travel schedule.

thanks JJ for the answer.
i checked this forum and the last two oath ceremonies are 9/20, 10/18 (once
every month) and then they skip Nov. and Dec. until next Jan, 07.

since i have travel plan in Jan. 07, i need to do it by the end of the year if possible.

can anyone please clarify this? thanks !

I had my interview on Oct. 17. My mother, who had the interview on the same day, just got the oath letter. Her oath is on Dec. 6. Hopefully I will get mine soon and for the same day, because I have travel plans for Dec. 11.

platypeanArccow said:
I had my interview on Oct. 17. My mother, who had the interview on the same day, just got the oath letter. Her oath is on Dec. 6. Hopefully I will get mine soon and for the same day, because I have travel plans for Dec. 11.

is her oath ceremony in Campbell?
somehow, i can not find December oath schedule there. :confused:
thanks for your reply.

N-400 Case date updated, Receipt Number disappears

The strange part is that case date gets updated each day now to the current
date. This has been since Friday. Seems a little strange to me. Almost like
an automated process that is doing this.

I am slightly hopeful that this means that the interview letter is on the way
and in the mail. But I have been burned a few times before and really don't
believe this is the case. Would like to be proven wrong!

I did have a Infopass meeting last Monday before the case date changed and they were not at all helpful as far as case status.

Does this sound normal that the case date gets updated daily once the interview letter is being sent out?

-

in my case, the 'case update' field always had the 1st notice date. But if I go look at it now, it has the date when the IV letter was sent to me.

Online status

My online status shows "Last Updated" as today's date.
Problem is that it has shown everyday's current date on "Last Updated" since Friday.
I highly doubt there are working on the weekend on my case.

Would be nice in the form that they gave some indication like 'interview letter' sent. Or some other indication of why the date has changed. I know this is asking for too much!

us-guy said:
My online status shows "Last Updated" as today's date.
Problem is that it has shown everyday's current date on "Last Updated" since Friday.
I highly doubt there are working on the weekend on my case.

This type of behavior has been reported before. It is probably some batch process that updated the last updated date on your case. In each of those cases, the applicatant received the interview letter immediately after. So, you may be up for some good news soon. Just wait another day or two. :)

takadigi said:
This type of behavior has been reported before. It is probably some batch process that updated the last updated date on your case. In each of those cases, the applicatant received the interview letter immediately after. So, you may be up for some good news soon. Just wait another day or two. :)

I hope you are right. Thanks

Online status, Last updated date

Hello all, I'm not sure what people mean when they say that their online status last updated date changed. My online status does not even have a last updated date!

Here's what mine looks like:
(from: https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/caseStatusSearchDisplay.do)

Receipt Number: WSC*

Application Type: N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Current Status:

Your N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was received on October 10, 2006. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.​

Is there another URL for online status? What am I missing here? Thanks! :)

vaca_lechera said:
Hello all, I'm not sure what people mean when they say that their online status last updated date changed. My online status does not even have a last updated date!

Here's what mine looks like:
(from: https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/caseStatusSearchDisplay.do)

Receipt Number: WSC*

Application Type: N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Current Status:

Your N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was received on October 10, 2006. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.​

Is there another URL for online status? What am I missing here? Thanks! :)

Don't expect to see a change in status until the interview letter gets sent to you. And since you haven't yet even had FP this won't happen for awhile.

us-guy said:
Don't expect to see a change in status until the interview letter gets sent to you. And since you haven't yet even had FP this won't happen for awhile.

Thanks for your response :) My FP walk-in was on Oct 20th. I'll just wait until December before logging on to the online case system again, unless I get the interview letter before then. I take it that this canned message actually changes once they send out the interview letter?

vaca_lechera said:
Thanks for your response :) My FP walk-in was on Oct 20th. I'll just wait until December before logging on to the online case system again, unless I get the interview letter before then. I take it that this canned message actually changes once they send out the interview letter?

I had my priority date as the Last Update date for a long time until I got the interview letter. Then it got updated with a current date. Didn't say that I was getting the interview letter but I did receive a letter in the mail a few days later after the date change.

I wouldn't look for a chance in the Last Update date for a few months. In my case it was three months after FP before I saw the date change and got the interview letter in the mail.

My Infopass update

We (me and my spouse) took Infopass appointment this morning. We were really lucky to get a very helpful immigration officer. She was an Asian lady. She went into all the details to answer all our questions. Here is the gist of the update -

1) Both of us have cleared Name Check
2) We are in System Pickup queue (she explained that it means, we are just waiting for the system to pick our case up to schedule an interview)
3) We are inside of the USCIS backlog list (not outside like those held up with FBI clearance)
4) She was a little surprised that we haven't had our interviews scheduled

Well, we hope that the system (whatever it is) picks up our case soon enough and we hear about interview shortly.

us-guy said:
Yes you were right.

I guess my experience with INS is to expect the worse and to not assume that what could be happening is.

Your experience obviously did not know this particular case wherein the last updated date continuously gets updated. Being prepared for the worst is one thing and knowing facts is different.