San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

takadigi said:
We (me and my spouse) took Infopass appointment this morning. We were really lucky to get a very helpful immigration officer. She was an Asian lady. She went into all the details to answer all our questions. Here is the gist of the update -

1) Both of us have cleared Name Check
2) We are in System Pickup queue (she explained that it means, we are just waiting for the system to pick our case up to schedule an interview)
3) We are inside of the USCIS backlog list (not outside like those held up with FBI clearance)
4) She was a little surprised that we haven't had our interviews scheduled

Well, we hope that the system (whatever it is) picks up our case soon enough and we hear about interview shortly.

Very usefull info. Thanks.

my interview today

My wife and I had interviews this morning and both enjoyed the pleasant experiences with the officers. We've arrived 30 minutes before the appointment and called on time. I didn't know that I can't carry cell phones, so have to put it back to the car. My wife's took about 10 minutes and mine took 30 minutes. Mine took long since the officer and I talked a lot about the traffic violation experiences, the area I'm living, and etc. The actual interview itself was pretty typical.
I was told that I'll get the oath in either December or January. At the end of the interview I've asked about the name check of FBI and was told that now INS schedules the interview for only whom cleared the namecheck to avoid frustrating waits for name check after the interview.

---
DO : San Jose
5/30/06: N400 Mailed to CSC
6/06/06: N-400 Receive Date as well as Priority Date
6/19/06: FP Notice Date
7/11/06: FP Appointment
10/02/06: Interview Notice Date
11/15/06: Interview Date
?: Oath Notice Date
?: Oath Date

I got Notice of Action today and application number starts with WSC* is this common? i heard it normally starts with WAC. (sorry if this question was asked before)

new_guy said:
I got Notice of Action today and application number starts with WSC* is this common? i heard it normally starts with WAC. (sorry if this question was asked before)

There is a feature called search.

sjn400 said:
My wife and I had interviews this morning and both enjoyed the pleasant experiences with the officers. We've arrived 30 minutes before the appointment and called on time. I didn't know that I can't carry cell phones, so have to put it back to the car. My wife's took about 10 minutes and mine took 30 minutes. Mine took long since the officer and I talked a lot about the traffic violation experiences, the area I'm living, and etc. The actual interview itself was pretty typical.
I was told that I'll get the oath in either December or January. At the end of the interview I've asked about the name check of FBI and was told that now INS schedules the interview for only whom cleared the namecheck to avoid frustrating waits for name check after the interview.

Congratulations! Good you passed your English test. In this above post, I was struggling to find fully correct sentences. Oh well ...

6/2/06: N400 Recd by CSC
6/10/06: FP Notice Date
6/22/06: FP Taken
9/21/06: Status can't be found in USCIS
11/07/06: Interview
12/13/06: Oath (same place where I was interviewed)
:)

sjn400 said:

---
DO : San Jose
6/06/06: N-400 Receive Date as well as Priority Date
6/19/06: FP Notice Date
7/11/06: FP Appointment
10/02/06: Interview Notice Date
11/15/06: Interview Date
?: Oath Notice Date
?: Oath Date

Hi,

Do you know when this process got into affect when they schedule interview only when the name check is complete? Do you know what is the date?
I got my letter Nov8th and wondering if I fall into that.
Thanks

Stalk,

Many other folks have inquired about the San Jose Oath ceremony not being shown in Campbell Heritage Theatre for December 2006. Are you saying that the San Jose District Office will conduct the ceremony at 1887 Monterey Rd ?

Thanks

stalk said:

Last edited by a moderator:
stalk said:

so, did you got your oath letter yesterday?
that's fast.
i had the same interview date as yours, still waiting for my oath letter. officer told me takes about 4 weeks to get it.

also, interesting they changed oath from Campbell to San Jose DO. ;)

Early FP Experience in San Jose

I did my early FP today(saturday), went there around 8:45AM no questions asked. There were around 4 people head of me. Everything took only 15min's.
Enough Parking.
Keep cell phone in your car.
Security persanel will ask your FP notice and GC.
He will give you a form to fill which takes 3-5min(pen is provided)
Stand in the line with the filled form, you will be called by one person who stamps the FP notice and give you a number and tell you go sit in the blue chair.
Your number will be called, and you will be finger printer (all 10 fingers needs to be in good condition without any cuts)
Then they will give you small servey to fill out and drop in the box.
Thats it.
They are open from Tue - Sat from 8am -4pm (MONDAY CLOSED)

Oath in SJ

HangGliding said:
Stalk,

Many other folks have inquired about the San Jose Oath ceremony not being shown in Campbell Heritage Theatre for December 2006. Are you saying that the San Jose District Office will conduct the ceremony at 1887 Monterey Rd ?

Thanks

Yes! That's what I got (for 13th).
I was told that they have one on 20th Dec from the officer. I heared some one saying they had one on 6th Dec. That makes 3 oath ceremonies in Dec (my guess is smaller ones compared to Cambell one)!

cakid said:
so, did you got your oath letter yesterday?
that's fast.
i had the same interview date as yours, still waiting for my oath letter. officer told me takes about 4 weeks to get it.

also, interesting they changed oath from Campbell to San Jose DO. ;)

Yes! He told me that I may have missed Nov oath and expect either in Dec or in Jan. Glad that it's Dec!

Timeline

Rcv Date: Nov-7-2006
Chk Cashed: Nov-14-2006
Notice Date: Nov-14-2006
Received Receipt with Exception(missing evidence): Nov-18-2006

(people say missing evidence due to traffic ticket).

FP: ???

immuser123 said:
Rcv Date: Nov-7-2006
Chk Cashed: Nov-14-2006
Notice Date: Nov-14-2006
Received Receipt with Exception(missing evidence): Nov-18-2006

(people say missing evidence due to traffic ticket).

FP: ???

"missing evidence" : yes, this is mostly because you might have some traffic violation. INS will specifically ask if they want some evidence. If they are minor violations, INS will not bother with asking you any evidence.

My interview, as stated earlier, was on October 19th. My oath was originally scheduled for December 13th, but with the help of our lawyer, we were able to move it to November 29th, since I'm flying out of the country on the 11th.

stalk said:
Yes! He told me that I may have missed Nov oath and expect either in Dec or in Jan. Glad that it's Dec!
Yes, you have missed the Nov oath that took place in the San Jose DO office on Monterey Rd on Nov 16th.

HangGliding said:
Yes, that has started happening starting November. November 16th Oath Ceremony was held in the San Jose DO office at Monterey Rd.

platypeanArccow said:
My interview, as stated earlier, was on October 19th. My oath was originally scheduled for December 13th, but with the help of our lawyer, we were able to move it to November 29th, since I'm flying out of the country on the 11th.

Hi
Can you tell us what you did to get your oath at an earlier date?
Thanks

takadigi said:
Yes, you have missed the Nov oath that took place in the San Jose DO office on Monterey Rd on Nov 16th.

It appears that there are many (smaller size ones) in Nov (some one else said he has one on Nov29th) and Dec. Any way, happy that it's in Dec.