San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

happigal said:
Talked with IO via InfoPass and found out that Name Check is completed but my file is still at the National Service Center and has not been transferred over to local DO.

Guess we'll see what happens over the next couple of weeks. If I don't get anything...then I guess it's another InfoPass appt.

What are your PD and FP dates happigal?

Interview got descheduled at San Jose DO

Got a letter on Nov 03, 2006 mentioning my wife's interview is descheduled, looks like most interviews scheduled during the last week of November are getting descheduled.

Wife's N-400 timeline
------------
N-400 mailing date : 06/10/06
ND/PD : June 21, 2006
Fingerprinting date :July 27,2006
Interview letter recd : Oct 19, 2006
Interview date : Nov 30, 2006
Interview Deschedule Notice Date : Oct 31, 2006
New Interview Date : ?????
Oath Date : ?????

Thanks
Kumar

mkumar1970 said:
Got a letter on Nov 03, 2006 mentioning my wife's interview is descheduled, looks like most interviews scheduled during the last week of November are getting descheduled.

Yeah, I have been noticing the same trend. Not a good sign for the applicants from San Jose DO with pending applications. Each interview postponement (I simply refuse to use the made-up "descheduled" word) means more delay for everyone of us who are in line.

5/30/06: N400 Mailed to CSC
6/2/06: N400 Recd by CSC
6/10/06: FP Notice Date
6/22/06: FP Taken
9/21/06: Status can't be found in USCIS
11/07/06: Interview (passed)
??/??/??: Oath

Documents to carry for Oath

Is there a checklist of docs to carry for Oath?

The letter mentions the PR card, "immigration" docs and travel documents which is not very clear.

Update on infopass appointment

Hello,
This is one of the worst infopass appointments I have ever met with the immigration officer ever in the last few months. When I met the officer, I told the situation, he looked at the interview scheduled date and it was 11/27.
Then he said it is next day after thanks giving. So that may be it. I asked him if he can provide more information politely. Immediate answer not even looking at the system. You will get a communication via mail and nothing more to add. I am totally frustrated on the service. I think INS can change their name to "I am Not in Service". I see there are very good officers and there are a few persons who give a bad service. This is one out of several infopass appointments. I hope they will take care of it soon.

My dates are below.

Applied - Late March 2006.
Notice date - March 29, 2006
Online Notice date - April 4, 2006 ( I dont know why there is a difference).
FP Notice date - April end, 2006
FP Date - May 10, 2006
Interview letter received date - October 19, 2006
Interview date - November 27, 2006
Oath ceremony - ???? (only god knows)

My spouse date

FP Date - May 10, 2006
Interview letter received date - June 13, 2006
Interview date - August 9, 2006
Oath ceremony - Sep 20, 2006
Passport Applied - Sep 20, 2006
Passport received date - Sep 28, 2006
Indian Visa - Same day

working hrs for finger print office,

Hello

Does anyone knows the working hrs of San Jose Finger Printing office, i have some urgent travel plans, i need to either re-schedule or take the finger prints early.

Thanks

new_guy said:
Hello

Does anyone knows the working hrs of San Jose Finger Printing office, i have some urgent travel plans, i need to either re-schedule or take the finger prints early.

Open: Tues-Sat 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Closed: Sun, Mon and all Federal holidays

r2ichennai2007 said:
Hello,
This is one of the worst infopass appointments I have ever met with the immigration officer ever in the last few months. When I met the officer, I told the situation, he looked at the interview scheduled date and it was 11/27.
Then he said it is next day after thanks giving. So that may be it. I asked him if he can provide more information politely. Immediate answer not even looking at the system. You will get a communication via mail and nothing more to add. I am totally frustrated on the service. I think INS can change their name to "I am Not in Service". I see there are very good officers and there are a few persons who give a bad service. This is one out of several infopass appointments. I hope they will take care of it soon.

My dates are below.

FP Date - May 10, 2006
Interview letter received date - October 19, 2006
Interview date - November 27, 2006
Oath ceremony - ???? (only god knows)

My spouse date

FP Date - May 10, 2006
Interview letter received date - June 13, 2006
Interview date - August 9, 2006
Oath ceremony - Sep 20, 2006
Passport Applied - Sep 20, 2006
Passport received date - Sep 28, 2006
Indian Visa - Same day

I am not getting it. If you have already received the interview letter and the interview date has been fixed to 11/27, then what is the question that you had for the immigration officer? And, btw, 11/27 is NOT the day after Thanksgiving. It is the Monday after the Thanksgiving weekend. So, what is the problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
passwd interview

I passed the interview today. The whole process was smooth, the officer was very nice. Went through the application form, and corrected some mistakes I made. Had to run out and re-do the pictures, because the ones I originally submitted was too large. I was told to expect to go to the Dec 20th oath ceremony.

Hope this is useful for everyone.

JJ_JJ said:
I passed the interview today. The whole process was smooth, the officer was very nice. Went through the application form, and corrected some mistakes I made. Had to run out and re-do the pictures, because the ones I originally submitted was too large. I was told to expect to go to the Dec 20th oath ceremony.

Congratulations! Good to see that there is some movement at least.

JJ_JJ said:

Congratulations!!! Very happy for you!

Hello Takadi,
Sorry. I forgot to mention in the thread. My original interview was on 11/27.
I got the interview letter on 10/17 and I got the interview cancellation letter on 10/18. This is the reason why I went for checking what happened.

Takadgi:
btw, 11/27 is NOT the day after Thanksgiving. It is the Monday after the Thanksgiving weekend. So, what is the problem

my comments:
this was the comment by the IO. It was scheduled for 8:15am. Not many IO may be available at that time. This may be the reason it got cancelled. Fact is I did not like when he did not even attempt to check the computer. The only response was it was our problem and u should get a mail. this is not a good service on USCIS part. I took the time to schedule an appointment and why do they claim they are having that service if they are not even going to serve the customer.

r2chennai2007, so yr interview was descheduled and then scheduled again ? thats good news. i hope all the recent deschedulees get their new interview letters too.

that whats I thought. I saw yr posting for getting deschduled sometime back, then yesterday you posted that your interview was after TG. :confused:

r2ichennai2007 said:
Hello Takadi,
Sorry. I forgot to mention in the thread. My original interview was on 11/27.
I got the interview letter on 10/17 and I got the interview cancellation letter on 10/18. This is the reason why I went for checking what happened.

Takadgi:
btw, 11/27 is NOT the day after Thanksgiving. It is the Monday after the Thanksgiving weekend. So, what is the problem

my comments:
this was the comment by the IO. It was scheduled for 8:15am. Not many IO may be available at that time. This may be the reason it got cancelled. Fact is I did not like when he did not even attempt to check the computer. The only response was it was our problem and u should get a mail. this is not a good service on USCIS part. I took the time to schedule an appointment and why do they claim they are having that service if they are not even going to serve the customer.
I see now where you are coming from. It wasn't very clear from your previous post because in that post it appeared that you have been scheduled for interview on 11/27 and you had a question. What question, was not clear. That's why I asked.

JJ_JJ said:

Congratulations JJ !
did you get the oath letter with Dec 20 date on it? i checked the Campbell website, the earliest one is on Jan 17, 2007.

maybe Dec 20 is in another place?

does anybody know how to find out that?