San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

interview cancellation - san jose DO

hello,
I am from san jose DO. But the letter came from Laguna.... and not from the local office.

Guys dont get too excited yet. I am planning to do a info pass appointment and then get the information from USCIS why the cancellation occurs.

r2ichennai2007 said:
hello,
I am from san jose DO. But the letter came from Laguna.... and not from the local office.

Guys dont get too excited yet. I am planning to do a info pass appointment and then get the information from USCIS why the cancellation occurs.

Please post what you found out in infopass. I had my FP one month earlier to yours ie March 24 and ID June 15 and no decision due to name check pending.

please keep us updated.. seem like they have been cancelling interviews quite often at san jose DO

Update Info...

Mine - US Citizen

N-400 timeline
------------
N-400 mailing date : 06/10/06
ND/PD : June 21, 2006
Fingerprinting date :July 27,2006
Interview letter recd : August 25, 2006
Interview date : October 3, 2006
Oath Letter Recd : Oct 6, 2006
Oath Date : Oct 18, 2006 Campbell
Applied for Expedited Processing of Passport on Oct 19, 2006

My Wife -

N-400 timeline
------------
N-400 mailing date : 06/10/06
ND/PD : June 21, 2006
Fingerprinting date :July 27,2006
Interview letter recd : Oct 19, 2006
Interview date : Nov 30, 2006
Oath Date : ?????

Thanks
Kumar

Last edited by a moderator:
lotechguy I tried to send a reply to your message but I couldn't. I waited for almost 10 months but finally sent certified letters to the District Director, my IO and FBI records and management division requesting them to expedite my name check process. I don't know what happened but one week after I sent the letters, I got a call from the DO asking me to go to the Oath Ceremony. I guess I got lucky.

Interview .. to oath.

Update..

Interview: Aug 2nd. 2006
Oath letter recvd: Oct 4th, 2006 (seemingly long delay. Had to write letter
to the interviewer).
Oath: Oct 24th, 2006.

My best wishes to everyone going through the process.

Interview cancellation update - infopass update

Hello,

I am from san jose DO.

I went to San jose DO with an infopass appointment. I asked about my interview cancellation. The immigration officer showed me that my name check was completed on 09/28/2006. They showed my timeline and why it was cancelled.

Interview notice date - 10/17/2006
Interview cancellation notice - 10/18/2006
Case Disappears online - 10/20/2006

Reason:
The California service center (laguna) scheduled my interview without transferring my files to the local DO. This is the reason for cancellation. The immigration officer said he also had another candidate with the same situation. He said it will take any where from few weeks to 3months.

Note:
On a positive note, I come under the backlog category as per the guidelines they published. Atleast now they will work on my case. Hopefully they will transfer my files soon. We need to continuously go to infopass appointments to ensure the files are transferred.

DeScheduled :(

Got the 'interview descheduled' notice :mad:

Mailed on 6/15/06 (N400)
Priority Date 6/19/06
Notice date 6/27/06
FP Notice 7/04/06
Interview Notice 10/17/06
Interview Date 11/29/06
Interview deschduled notice 10/25/06

mirchilal said:
Got the 'interview descheduled' notice :mad:

Mailed on 6/15/06 (N400)
Priority Date 6/19/06
Notice date 6/27/06
FP Notice 7/04/06
Interview Notice 10/17/06
Interview Date 11/29/06
Interview deschduled notice 10/25/06

That is very concerning. This appears to have become the latest trend in San Jose DO.

Bummed out.....

Got descheduled letter from USCIS today :(

This really bites....Guess it's Infopass to find out what's going on.

Will keep you all updated...

Timeline for N400:

Forms mailed: 6/12/2006
Forms received: 6/14/2006
Cheque cashed: 6/20/2006

Priority date: 6/14/2006
Receipt ND: 6/27/2006
Receipt received: 6/29/2006

FP ND: 6/29/2006
FP letter received: 7/3/2006
FP date: 7/20/2006
FP FBI returned to BCIS: 7/20/2006

Interview ND: 10/17/2006
Interview date: 11/29/2006
Descheduled ND: 10/25/2006
2nd Interview date: ?/??/????

Oath letter date: ?/??/????
Oath ceremony: ?/??/????

i dont understand what is with 10/17 notice date. I got scheduled and got descheduled the next day. I dont understand what is going on. You are the third person I saw including me who got descheduled.
I dont understand why they cannot wait until november and then do the cancellation. This is becoming a new trend in San jose DO.

Hi r2ichennai2007...I am not sure what is going on as it looks like November interviews are getting descheduled. :confused:

I am hoping that infopass will give me more details as to what is going on with my case.

Hope it's something as simple as yours..where the file wasn't transferred to local DO :)

We'll see what they tell me :rolleyes:

Passport received as well

I want to thank everyone on this board for your help.

Got my US PP yesterday as well.

Good luck

Got Descheduled letter

Folks,

I got the interview letter for 11/29 a week ago and got descheduled letter today.

Anyone know what is happening to November interviews and what is the reason for this ?

Thanks

Hello,
I dont understand what is going on with November interviews. This is really frustrating. My name check was over on 09/28/2006. The interview was scheduled on 10/17/2006. Interview was originally scheduled for 11/27/2006. Interview was descheduled on 10/18/2006. I dont understand why transferring a file takes more than a month. If you use a simple USPS mailing it takes only 1 week to 2 week max. We did pay 400 bucks for the application fee. This is not quite acceptable. I dont understand why this is an issue. can someone shed more lights on why San jose DO is descheduling more interviews now.

I had my interview on Oct. 19 and was told that I would be taking the oath in November, but I have still not received the letter. Should I be worried?

same for me here...i am not in San Jose, but i was also told i would get the oath letter shortly and have not received.

i read somewhere here that the general rule was to receive the oath letter 2 weeks prior to the ceremony - my 2 weeks will be this week so there is still some hope.

Talked with IO via InfoPass and found out that Name Check is completed but my file is still at the National Service Center and has not been transferred over to local DO.

Guess we'll see what happens over the next couple of weeks. If I don't get anything...then I guess it's another InfoPass appt.