San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Got my Interview Letter today

My Interview letter showed up in the mail today :)

Roughly 3 months after my FP dates. Interview date in Mid Jaunary.

PD: July 27th, 2006
FP: Aug 18th, 2006
Received I/V letter: Nov 20th
Interview: Mid Jan 2006

Thanks!

Anami said:
Hi
Can you tell us what you did to get your oath at an earlier date?
Thanks

I'm not entirely sure, actually... sorry. The lawyer talked to some immigration officials.

Last edited by a moderator:
IV descheduling update

Hello,
I have a quick comment on the IV descheduling.

I am not sure if USCIS if they are aware of service like FEDEX, UPS, even USPS.

Transferring a file from LA to San Jose is taking for ever. I dont understand why this is taking this long.

I am still waiting for the IV letter.

r2ichennai2007 said:
Hello,
I have a quick comment on the IV descheduling.

I am not sure if USCIS if they are aware of service like FEDEX, UPS, even USPS.

Transferring a file from LA to San Jose is taking for ever. I dont understand why this is taking this long.

I am still waiting for the IV letter.
That is because logic and USCIS don't go hand in hand.

My Timeline - Successful Interview in Oakland. Also got Oath letter on the spot.

My Timeline - N400 CSC ( Updated 11/21/06)

Hi,

Completed from N - 400 application to Interview and Oath date in less than 4.5 months.

Details
Mailed Application(Self): 08/05/06
Mailed Application(Wife): 08/05/06 - Same envelope
Recd by CSC(for both) : 08/07/06
Priority Date(for both) : 08/07/06
Check Cleared (for both): 08/08/06
NOA posted(for both) : 08/14/06
NOA Recd(for both) : 08/17/06
FP Appt(for both) : 08/29/06 - No Problem @ Oakland CA
Interview Notice : 09/07/06
Interview Letter Recd : 09/09/06
Interview Appt: 11/20/06 - (For self) Successful
Oath Notice : 11/20/06 for 12/14/06

Interview Appt: 11/21/06 - (For wife) Successful
Oath Notice : 11/21/06 for 12/14/06

Pending
-----------
Oath Date : 12/14/06 in Masonic Hall , SFO
Passport Application: Will apply on 12/14/06 at the Passport dropbox after Oath ceremony.
Passport Recd : ??

Thanks
EastBay_003

My Timeline - Successful Interview in Oakland. Also got Oath letter on the spot.

My Timeline - N400 CSC ( Updated 11/21/06)

Hi,

Completed from N - 400 application to Interview and Oath date in less than 4.5 months.

Details
Mailed Application(Self): 08/05/06
Mailed Application(Wife): 08/05/06 - Same envelope
Recd by CSC(for both) : 08/07/06
Priority Date(for both) : 08/07/06
Check Cleared (for both): 08/08/06
NOA posted(for both) : 08/14/06
NOA Recd(for both) : 08/17/06
FP Appt(for both) : 08/29/06 - No Problem @ Oakland CA
Interview Notice : 09/07/06
Interview Letter Recd : 09/09/06
Interview Appt: 11/20/06 - (For self) Successful
Oath Notice : 11/20/06 for 12/14/06

Interview Appt: 11/21/06 - (For wife) Successful
Oath Notice : 11/21/06 for 12/14/06

Pending
-----------
Oath Date : 12/14/06 in Masonic Hall , SFO
Passport Application: Will apply on 12/14/06 at the Passport dropbox after Oath ceremony.
Passport Recd : ??

Thanks
EastBay_003

And you just came to the San Jose thread to rub it in our noses that the Oakland district office is moving quite faster than San Jose, didn't you? ;)
Just kidding. It's good to hear that processing times are getting so good. I am about to apply myself, but wouldn't like the process to be so fast that I get interview before my 5 years (I am planning to apply using the 3 months rule), and get in trouble as some people had. Is San Jose also getting in the habit of giving oath letters on the spot after the interview? That would be nice and remove a lot of anxiety from people. It makes sense considering that they are scheduling interviews only after all security checks have been done. I kind of remember seeing a case like this of having received the letter right after interview. However, I also see a lot of postings from people waiting for the oath letter.

Good luck to all.

Huracan said:
(I am planning to apply using the 3 months rule)
Remember one thing - it is not a 3 month rule. Instead, it is a 90 day rule. Many have done this mistake and have had their applications returned.

No Interview Yet

I have applied for N400 along with my family. I live in San Jose. All of my family member have got interview notice 3 weeks back. I don't know what's going on with my application. Inquired with my friend and found that all of the family members got the interview letters on the same date. Can anyone throw some lights before I call INS?

For my Application

Filed/PD - July 17th, 2006
FP - Aug 17th, 2006.
ID - ?

For my Family

FP - Aug 17th, 2006.
ID - Dec 28th, 2006

anilt said:
I have applied for N400 along with my family. I live in San Jose. All of my family member have got interview notice 3 weeks back. I don't know what's going on with my application. Inquired with my friend and found that all of the family members got the interview letters on the same date. Can anyone throw some lights before I call INS?
Take an Infopass appointment. That's your best bet. Calling the 800 number for the National Service Center helpdesk is as close to wasting time as humanly possible - usually easily more than an hour on hold time. And then you get a bunch of non-information.

For my Application

FP - Aug 17th, 2006.
ID - ?

For my Family

FP - Aug 17th, 2006.
ID - Dec 28th, 2006

What is Infopass appointment and how can I do that? Thanks in advance.

anilt said:
What is Infopass appointment and how can I do that? Thanks in advance.
Infopass is a service that the local district offices of USCIS offer wherein an applicant can discuss his/her case with an immigration officer. The immigration officer will have access to your case on his computer and can precisely tell you where your application is currently stuck.

You can schedule an Infopass appointment online. The link to Infopass is available on the USCIS website. If you want to go directly to Infopass scheduler, you can also access it directly here -
http://infopass.uscis.gov/

Jubilee1 said:
Received N-445 (Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony) dated 11-20-2006. It was sent out by USCIS, Laguna Niguel.

The LORD made my thanksgiving happy indeed. I pray the Lord Jesus that your cases also would be processed quickly.

Priority Date: 05-26-2006
Fingerprinting: 06-27-2006
Interview: 11-13-2006 (San Jose DO)
Oath: 12-20-2006 (San Jose DO)

Congratulations Jubilee1 !!! For those who have faith, the LORD do answer their prayers !!! My case was not a smooth one, but the Lord Jesus-Christ made it happen :)

My Interview was on 11-13-2006 too :D

Interview deschedulers - please respond

Folks,

How many of you got descheduled for interview ?

I am one of the victims of this. I havent received any more update.

Any idea if anyone who got descheduled got a subsequent appointment ?

Does infoseek appointment will give more info ?

Thanks

immig06 said:
Does infoseek appointment will give more info ?
FWIW, it is called Infopass not Infoseek. The link to online Infopass scheduler is available at the USCIS site. And yes, Infopass may give the current status of your case and may even insight into what is holding it up.

Descheduled woes

my inteview was orginally scheduled for Nov 29th and i got descheduled a week later.

I havent received any update since then.

Wondering if anyone else who got descheduled, got interview letter later ?

Thanks,