San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Just in case sharon754 is not around to answer, and knowing that this is a matter of interest to you I got this information from one of sharon's previous post:

My priority date is 12/26/2006, FP done on 1/31/2007

By the way, omorpheus, have you thought about adding a signature? People would benefit from knowing your progress, as you post quite a bit, and a signature is the best way to keep up with people's progress. You can add a signature by going to the User CP link at the top of the page. Same comment goes to any other frequent poster. I resisted myself adding a signature for a while, but with the N-400 processing I convinced myself that it is something useful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Huracan.

I tried to do it a couple of times but could not find how to edit the signature. Now I added my signature (it would look familiar to you :cool: ).

Since the INFOPASS lady said that come back if you do not get the letter by July 20, so it seems it should be on the way soon as typically they ask people to come back 1-2 weeks before the Interview dates if they did not receive their ILs.

Anyways, will keep everyone posted about developments from my side !!!

Received oath letter

Mailed May 30th from San Jose. It's at Campbell Heritage Theatre. It has typewritten check marks on all of the following:

You must bring the following with you:
a) This letter, with questions on the other side answered in ink
b) GC
c) Reentry permit or refugee travel document
d) Any immigration documents you may have
e) Other

Well, quite overzealous. I am not taking in "any" immigration docs I have. Nor am I taking "other" with me. I value my "other" too much :)

And on the back side are the same questions from the N-400 (about being communist and about traffic tickets, etc), this time applying (only) to the interim period between the interview and the oath date.

Huracan / Omorpheus,

Just in case sharon754 is not around to answer, and knowing that this is a matter of interest to you I got this information from one of sharon's previous post:

My priority date is 12/26/2006, FP done on 1/31/2007

By the way, omorpheus, have you thought about adding a signature? People would benefit from knowing your progress, as you post quite a bit, and a signature is the best way to keep up with people's progress. You can add a signature by going to the User CP link at the top of the page. Same comment goes to any other frequent poster. I resisted myself adding a signature for a while, but with the N-400 processing I convinced myself that it is something useful.

Huracan / Omorpheus,

is your GC marriage based or employement? Also, where did you apply and get your GC?

Hi sharon754,

What is your Priority Date?

Thanks,
OMorpheus

OMorpheus,

Huracan was right. My priority date is 12/26. Yesterday I finally could reach an immigration officer through the 1800 number and the lady told me they were sending me an interview letter and the interview is scheduled on 8/1. Your priority date is one week ahead of me. I think you will get your IV letter soon too.

did the online status change

OMorpheus,

did your online status change ? my spouse dates are same as that of sharon754, but no changes as yet. Tried the 800 # but couldn't get any officer to talk to. What are the option's that needs selected to reach for an officer ?

i met the same lady in my infopass 5 weeks ago and she said the same thing. interestingly i got my IV letter 10 days ago, together with other people on this thread with about the same PDs as mine (end of Nov).

i googled fbi namecheck and found it has nothing to do with "where you are from", but more like searching your record against some record files fbi has, and if something shows as a match, manual clearance might be needed to identify if it is a correct match. so i guess she does not know what she is talking about.

anyway, relax and your IV might come very soon.

We filed N-400 together. My wife has received her Interview Notice Letter on May 19 when I haven't got that yet. So I made an Infopass appointment with USCIS in San Jose.

I was met by a lady with Vietnamese origin and gave her a brief of the problem. She immediately said it is probably because FBI name check is pending. (She means if man and wife don't get Interview Letters together that could be the most possible reason).

She then did some check on her computer and told me "yeah, name check is still pending". I asked for more explanation and she said the ball is in FBI's hands and FBI "sent your name to where you came from and is waiting for an answer". I asked whether "where I came from" means my home country, she said yes.

Then she said there's nothing more she can do and "good luck", something like that.

Our data follows:
PD: 10/30/2006
FP: 11/25/2006

That is my first time to hear that FBI will do name check with help from other countries and I don't think it's true. Right?

Hi Vaca-lechara,
Looking at your post , its good to see that with May23rd interview you are still able to make it to June13 Oath date. Our interview was done on 5/17 but we still did not receive the oath letters yet. Have you made any special request to get included for June13 oath?
Another question that I wanted to ask the experts here what are they asking for about traffic tickets between interview and oath date? do we have to report any traffic ticket that we got during this time or only the serious cases like DUI or any if happen to occur in between ?

The IO on Wednesday said that the interview wasn't scheduled but that I was borderline case. So, I am thinking that we all will get ILs soon maybe tomm. or on Monday. All letters come from La Guana, so it takes 2-3 days to get them.

I have never called the 800 number but I will call them only if I do not get letters by Monday or Tuesday.

Sharon574, Please post what options should one use while calling the number.

I got my GC through my employer in east coast (PA). That time it took around 17 months to get GC.

Also, my online status hasn't changed, so I do not think its a good way of finding out if your Interview has been scheduled or not.

One more question I have for interview is that are the questions for history/civics tests Multiple choice or you need to remember everything (like all original 13 colonies etc).

Good luck everyone ....

The IO on Wednesday said that the interview wasn't scheduled but that I was borderline case. So, I am thinking that we all will get ILs soon maybe tomm. or on Monday. All letters come from La Guana, so it takes 2-3 days to get them.

I have never called the 800 number but I will call them only if I do not get letters by Monday or Tuesday.

I got my GC through my employer in east coast (PA). That time it took around 17 months to get GC.

Also, my online status hasn't changed, so I do not think its a good way of finding out if your Interview has been scheduled or not.

One more question I have for interview is that are the questions for history/civics tests Multiple choice or you need to remember everything (like all original 13 colonies etc).

Good luck everyone ....

Omorpheus, I am guessing you get your H1B from another state then PA also. The reason am questioning all those is because thought CA is delaying if your files from multiple states. I know some cases delaying with different reasons and some cases are exceptions. Hovewer, this is a general pattern that am only guessing.

Last edited by a moderator:
omorpheus,
It is not multiple choice question test and you do have to remember everything exactly (Including name of 13 colonies) It is not that hard since most of those are states are along the east coast.

Huracan / Omorpheus,

is your GC marriage based or employement? Also, where did you apply and get your GC?

Employment based. Everything done under the jurisdiction of the San Jose office. Green Card of course was handled by Laguna Nigel directly, but passport stamp was done in San Jose.

Received IV letter

Folks,

Just received IV letter for my spouse. IV date is 8/1/07. I am assuming new batch of IV letters have started coming in.

Omorpheus, I am guessing you get your H1B from another state then PA also. The reason am questioning all those is because thought CA is delaying if your files from multiple states. I know some cases delaying with different reasons and some cases are exceptions. Hovewer, this is a general pattern that am only guessing.

I don't think that there is any delay in such a sense. We were three friends who moved together -- two to Bay area, one to San Diego. Everyone had H1 and GC from PA from same city and Vermont SC. One applied in Nov end, I in dec mid and the third one from San Diego in Feb end. The status so far:

Guy who applied in Nov in Bay area has interview scheduled for July 11.
Guy who applied in San Diego has his Citizenship and is probably getting Passport in couple of days.

and well me ... am waiting for my IL ... :(

I don't think that there is any delay in such a sense. We were three friends who moved together -- two to Bay area, one to San Diego. Everyone had H1 and GC from PA from same city and Vermont SC. One applied in Nov end, I in dec mid and the third one from San Diego in Feb end. The status so far:

Guy who applied in Nov in Bay area has interview scheduled for July 11.
Guy who applied in San Diego has his Citizenship and is probably getting Passport in couple of days.

and well me ... am waiting for my IL ... :(

I am with you, there is no logic works for USCIS :) Also, Huracan's GC timeline makes all these theories senseless!

Good luck everyone ....

omorpheus,

When I called 1800 number, I chose the "status check" option, there are two options here, one is to input the case number if you have it [press 1], the other is for no case number [press 2]. I pressed 2, and it got me to a representative. In my case, he could not find my case in his automation system either, so he transferred me to an immigration officer who asked me for my alien number and told me the status. I received the IV letter today which was dated on 5/30.

omorpheus,

When I called 1800 number, I chose the "status check" option, there are two options here, one is to input the case number if you have it [press 1], the other is for no case number [press 2]. I pressed 2, and it got me to a representative. In my case, he could not find my case in his automation system either, so he transferred me to an immigration officer who asked me for my alien number and told me the status. I received the IV letter today which was dated on 5/30.

Congrats !!! I will wait till Monday and then call. But my case is still showing up on the USCIS system even though nothing was updated since the day they received the application. So, can I still talk to an IO on Monday?

It seems that some cases disappear from the system when the interview letter is sent, as in my case and others, but many times it doesn't change. Let's hope that if you call on Monday you hear some positive news. Problem might be that your case is still in the system, and the person doesn't transfer you to an IO, but just gives you some standard answer.

Have a good wekend.