San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Oath ceremony is at uscis office on monterrey highway

--
leo4

leo4, congratulations! Out of curiosity, where is the oath ceremony going to take place, at Campbell or at the USCIS office? I am glad to see what it looks like more frequent ceremonies. I hope this means a more smooth transition from interview to oath for everybody.

Radha_a,

How did you pay for the passport fee's ? Was it cash or personal checks are acceptable too ?

Radha, I went to City office for submitting the passport application for my son (who was born in US) and they accept personal checks. I didn't ask them about the cash option, but I think they would not as it goes to department of state and they can't send cash to them that way. anyways, en cashing of checks will give you another signal that work on your application started.

Here is the timeline for my son:

Sep 4: DS-11 filed (expedited without overnight option)
Sep 10: Application appeared online
Sep 13: Passport ready and mailed Priority (not overnight)
Sep 15: Passport in hand (12 days)

The passport only has 17 pages for visas. Is that true for adult passports also? Another way to make money for the state that once they fill up, you apply again ...??

Yes, adult passports are the same. I think one can apply to add pages to the passport. That's something I'll probably won't need, but one never knows, ten years is quite a bit of time.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/fri/add/add_850.html

I paid everything with personal checks. In retrospect I guess I could have paid the post fees (acceptance, overnight) with credit card. I don't recall if the acceptance agent gave me another option for payment, but a personal check seemed like a convenient way to do it and as omorpheus points it gives you a signal that the passport is being processed when it is cashed.

Huracan,

Do you know if we can take visitors for Oath ceremony at Campbell Heritage Center? My parents are here and want to check if I can take my dad along :)

Also, is any ID required for them?

Thanks!!!

Hi omorpheus,

I only brought my kid who came with us to the bottom floor of the theater. If my memory serves me well there is an upper floor (or balcony) for guests. Actually I checked some old posts and that's the case:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1407027#post1407027

I would guess that some form of ID would be good. He can probably take his passport along, just in case.

Just a couple of days more and you're going to be a citizen :)

Thanks a lot for the info Huracan. Yeah just 2 more days left :) I think it will be a bigger relief for my wife who will not have to study any more now : D .

I will post my experiences later in the week as I didn't know that tons of paperwork need to be sent for I-130/I-485. I am pretty busy in that work now.

Case Status Retrieval Failed.

Hi Folks,
Today when I entered my case number and pressed Search, then I got the following message.
/*********************************************************/
Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:

* Case Status Retrieval Failed
* The status for this Receipt Number is incomplete at this time in this automated system and can not be displayed. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.
I heard that this means someone is looking into it. Is that true? Here are my application dates.

02/28/2007 : Mailed to CSC
03/7/2007 : Notice/receive Date
05/09/2007 : FP Done.
??/??/???? : Interview Appointment
??/??/???? : Oath

Can someone share their thoughts.
Thanks.

It probably means that you're going to get your interview letter soon. Don't forget to come back with the good news and update your timeline ;)

Hi Huracan,

When the officer looks at the application,does it mean all the checks are passed, or is there still a remote possibility he might order for some check(like background,name check etc). can u pls share your thoughts.

thnx.

99% chance is that all checks are done, and your interview is going to be scheduled and everything is going to go by the book. The 1% is the remote possibility, but why worry ahead of the events?

Congratulations

Hi Folks,
Today when I entered my case number and pressed Search, then I got the following message.
Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:

* Case Status Retrieval Failed
* The status for this Receipt Number is incomplete at this time in this automated system and can not be displayed. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

VodkaMartini, do you get the same message? I am bracing in for some good news for you guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
i got the same mesage

VodkaMartini, do you get the same message? I am bracing in for some good news for you guys.

I am getting the same message...till yesterday it was different....also my friend with priority date 2/28/07 got his interview letter on 9/14/07 last week....his interview date is 30th october....so i guess its our turn now........

Yes, I checked this morning and the message changed to Case retrieval failed. Last night I checked and it was the rcvd & pending msg.

Does the msg mean that the IL has been sent or is the file being scheduled for IL? Should we expect the IL this week?

Yes, I checked this morning and the message changed to Case retrieval failed. Last night I checked and it was the rcvd & pending msg.
Does the msg mean that the IL has been sent or is the file being scheduled for IL? Should we expect the IL this week?

If I understand the system correctly then, YUP!!!! This week or begining of next week u will have your IV letter in your mailbox.

I will go to the oath ceremony at 1pm today. For the questionaire, can I fill it out at home before I leave or should I do it in front of an immigration officer at the ceremony? Thanks.

You can fill it out and sign at home. Hand it over to the officer at the entrance.

I will go to the oath ceremony at 1pm today. For the questionaire, can I fill it out at home before I leave or should I do it in front of an immigration officer at the ceremony? Thanks.

"Stuck" in supervisor review

My wife and I both had our interviews done on 8/15. She is now a citizen with a passport :)

I have not heard back from USCIS on my oath date; did an Infopass on 9/4 and the officer mentioned that it is waiting in supervisor review.

Mayger, you also had a similar situation, did you get your oath date?

Huracan and others: Any guesses as to when I will get my oath letter?

Last edited by a moderator: