San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Hi Guyz,
Its been 4 Months since I had my FP in San Jose. Since I have not received any notice of Interview yet, is there any number to call to find out what is the status of my application,whether it is pending on any checks etc. However what I am noticing from other threads is that ,people have started receiving the Interview appointment letter for those who have had FP done in January and februrary 07. I had mine on 05/09/2007

Here are the dates.

02/28/2007 : Mailed to CSC
03/7/2007 : Notice/receive Date
05/09/2007 : FP Done.
??/??/???? : Interview Appointment
??/??/???? : Oath

So when can I possibly expect to receive the Interview appointment letter. Does anyone have any ideas on this. Please provide your responses.
Thanks.

Sometime this week or next week.

Yes. The only restriction is to make sure that you still comply with the continuous residence physical presence requirements. You would also probably need someone to check your mail for your oath letter and be able to make it to the oath ceremony. Remember that between the interview and the oath you're still not a citizen so you'll travel with your Green Card as nothing more or nothing less than a permanent resident.

I had written a e-mail to Zoe Lofgren regarding the delays in processing at San Jose USCIS. I got a reply in the mail yesterday saying that it is due to the FBI name check. Should I call them citing differences in processing times in San Francisco vs San Jose?

I had written a e-mail to Zoe Lofgren regarding the delays in processing at San Jose USCIS. I got a reply in the mail yesterday saying that it is due to the FBI name check. Should I call them citing differences in processing times in San Francisco vs San Jose?

That would be interesting. Better yet, add Sacto & LA processing times too.

Various DOs have differing proc times, surely the immig population in SJ is larger than Sacto's. I would think that explains the variations more than namecheck delays.

Various DOs have differing proc times, surely the immig population in SJ is larger than Sacto's. I would think that explains the variations more than namecheck delays.

isn't FBI name check done at federal level, not DO level? if true, the name check does not make any difference on whether you are in highly populated immigrant area or not.

hey Vodkamartini............any luck yet.......my case status on line is the same ...no change yet.......

hey Vodkamartini............any luck yet.......my case status on line is the same ...no change yet.......

Assuming interview letters are sent twice a month, around middle and end of month, expect your letter between 18th - 24th of this month.

(Guideline used by Hurcan and others)

I am just curious about this, so please keep us posted.

Assuming interview letters are sent twice a month, around middle and end of month, expect your letter between 18th - 24th of this month.

(Guideline used by Hurcan and others)

I am just curious about this, so please keep us posted.

Not yet. I am checking the status on uscis.gov everyday but still shows the same "Case rcvd and pending..." message. As mentioned above, if the letters are sent out twice a month, then we should expect something next week. Already been more than 6 months...

Pls update if you receive the letter.

Thanks.

Today i had an infopass appointment and changed my address, still in San Jose but different apartment complex. I asked the agent to check if i have cleared name check and she said, no it is still in name check.
Just wanted to find out if i had done finger printing on June 27, 07, is this normal for name check to be still pending on Sep 13, or am i one of those who will be stuck in name check loop for ever :-(

The info pass agent changed the address in the system, do i need to call anyone else or is that sufficient?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

N-400 timeline:
Apr 25 2006: Mailed to CSC
May 07 2006: Prioity Date
Jun 27 2006: Finger Print Done
????????????: Interview Date

Looks like you're stuck, for how long is impossible to guess. Hopefully your name check will clear about the time you are due for interview scheduling. Perhaps the IO was mistaken.

I didn't do any change of address, perhaps what you did is enough.

Looks like you're stuck, for how long is impossible to guess. Hopefully your name check will clear about the time you are due for interview scheduling. Perhaps the IO was mistaken.

I didn't do any change of address, perhaps what you did is enough.

Don't you need to file AR-11 or will reporting in INFOPASS upate that system also?

Another passport related question: Does Naturalization certificate always come after passport or before also? Now, since getting passport in routine service is taking 6-8 weeks, is it ok to apply routine service or not?

Also, I will be applying for my wife's I-130 and I-485 on Wednesday, so do I require passport and naturalization certificate for her interview?

Thanks !!!

Hi omorpheus,

I think naturalization certificate arrives either together with the passport or later. It seems they are going back to sending everything together, which I guess it's better, as one doesn't have to be biting his nails waiting for the naturalization certificate back as I am doing now.

AR-11 is probably good to do, it is easy now that can be done online. Some lawyers seem to think that notifying USCIS or filing an application with the new address is as good as an AR-11. I would probably have filed an AR-11 if I had changed address.

If you're not in a hurry for Christmas travel I would apply for routine, if you're planning in going out of the country during Christmas I would do expedited.

I don't have knowledge to answer your last question.

PS: The naturalization certificate came back today. So that pretty much completes my naturalization journey. The date on the envelope was the same as my wife's. It's a mystery why it took so much longer to arrive.

Don't you need to file AR-11 or will reporting in INFOPASS upate that system also?

Another passport related question: Does Naturalization certificate always come after passport or before also? Now, since getting passport in routine service is taking 6-8 weeks, is it ok to apply routine service or not?

Also, I will be applying for my wife's I-130 and I-485 on Wednesday, so do I require passport and naturalization certificate for her interview?

Thanks !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think naturalization certificate arrives either together with the passport or later. It seems they are going back to sending everything together, which I guess it's better, as one doesn't have to be biting his nails waiting for the naturalization certificate back as I am doing now.

PS: The naturalization certificate came back today. So that pretty much completes my naturalization journey. The date on the envelope was the same as my wife's. It's a mystery why it took so much longer to arrive.

Question:
Don't they give naturalization certificate in the Oath ceremony? If not, what is Oath ceremony for...just Oath and no paperwork? Or is it that you are supposed to send the original naturalization certificate while applying for passport and that's what you are referring to above? Pls. clarify. Thanks!

Question:
Don't they give naturalization certificate in the Oath ceremony? If not, what is Oath ceremony for...just Oath and no paperwork? Or is it that you are supposed to send the original naturalization certificate while applying for passport and that's what you are referring to above? Pls. clarify. Thanks!

Fabolous, they do give naturalization certificate at Oath but you have to send the original one for passport. That's what I was referring to.

One other question, since my parents are here, can I take them for oath? do they require any documentation?

Oath letters - can they be out of order?

I see that somebody got oath letter, whose interview was on Aug 29th. My interview was on Aug 27th, but I didn't get the letter yet. My neighbour had the interview on Aug 21st, they don't have the oath letter as well. Is this very normal? Should I be worried?

I see that somebody got oath letter, whose interview was on Aug 29th. My interview was on Aug 27th, but I didn't get the letter yet. My neighbour had the interview on Aug 21st, they don't have the oath letter as well. Is this very normal? Should I be worried?

I wouldn't worry too much about this. San Jose seems to be changing procedures lately. It seems they are scheduling quite a few ceremonies at their office, besides the ceremonies at Campbell. There is a chance that if you're going to be scheduled for the ceremony at Campbell on Oct. 24th you will hear something within a week or a week and a half.

Good luck :)