San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker

Your lawyer

You should search all the sources before you trust your attorney.
it is not CA problem. If you use substitution LC, your PD is the 140 file date. not old LC date!!!!!!!!! several famous Lawyer's websites already clearly wrote it. sorry..your attoney just want your money for filing!!!!!!

see the link..
http://uscis.gov/lpbin/lpext.dll/in...21/fr-15576?f=templates&fn=document-frame.htm

Priority Date

Following the enactment of IMMACT, the Service issued a proposed rule which provided that the priority date for an employment-based petition would be the date of filing an employment-based petition with the Service. See 56 FR 30703-30714, July 5, 1991. After receipt of comments to the proposed rule, the Service decided to continue the established rule on assignment of priority dates, which set the priority date as the date the office within the employment service system of the Department of Labor received the application for labor certification. See 56 FR 60897-60913. The Service also decided to add a new provision which allowed an alien to retain the priority date of any employment-based petition which the Service approved on his or her behalf, unless it is revoked. See 56 FR 60905; 8 CFR 204.5(e).

Before IMMACT became effective, the Department of Labor permitted an employer to substitute qualified labor certification beneficiaries after issuance of the labor certification. The petitioner could return the labor certification to the certifying officer and request that another beneficiary be substituted. See Employment and Training Administration, Technical Assistance Guide No. 656, p. 105. In implementing IMMACT, the Department of Labor eliminated substitution of labor certification beneficiaries. See 56 FR 54920-54930; 20 CFR 656.30(c)(2). The Department of Labor determined that substitution of labor certification beneficiaries was unfair to U.S. workers and other aliens seeking to immigrate, was subject to fraud and abuse, and constituted a significant administrative burden. See 56 FR 54926. In 1994, the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit enjoined enforcement of the Department of Labor's regulation precluding substitution of labor certification beneficiaries, based on the Administrative Procedure Act. See Kooritzky v. Reich, 17 F.3d 1509 (D.C. Cir. 1994). As a result of this decision, employers may request substitution of labor certification beneficiaries. In light of the court's decision, the Service has reconsidered its regulations on assigning priority dates.

The Service has concluded that it is unfair to other aliens who seek to immigrate to the United States on employment-based petitions if the substituted alien gains the priority date of the original alien beneficiary, since those aliens would receive a later priority date than a substituted alien. Currently, in certain employment-based immigrant categories, such as the third preference "other worker" category, an alien who benefits from a labor certification substitution can immigrate ahead of another alien who has been waiting for an immigrant visa for several years. Not only would allowing substituted aliens to receive the earlier priority date be unfair to other intending immigrants, it would also be contrary to the Service's policy of assigning a priority date to the alien rather than to the employer (see 8 CFR 204.5(e)).

Providing a priority date based on an employer's substitution of a labor certification beneficiary also carries the potential for fraud and abuse. Continuing this practice may encourage the creation of a market for labor certifications, particularly in categories in which there is a lengthy wait to receive an immigrant visa. For instance, it is conceivable that the original alien beneficiary might be induced to engage in the fraudulent practice of selling his or her status as a labor certification beneficiary to a substituted alien.

The Service, therefore, proposes to set the priority date for an alien who has been substituted for another alien on a labor certification as the date the employer requested the substitution. This proposed rule will be fair to other aliens who apply under employment-based immigrant categories, and would be consistent with the Service's policy of according a priority date to the alien rather than to the employer, thereby eliminating an inducement to commit fraud.

i_am_in_trouble said:
all,
Attorney says that the rule for PD on substitution is unclear and earlier he as seen people getting original labor date as PD for substitution. He feels that after retrogression California USCIS may have become cautious. He tells me that nothing can be done except to wait till PD of 2005 becomes current (another 3-4 years???). He feels that withdrawing the 485 application (and applying later with my labor) will cause more problems.

I am totally let down and feeling depressed. Same with my colleague who applied around same time and has exact same problem. We feel helpless.

Has anyone recently applied for 485 with substitution (in 2005)? If yes can you let me know the PD in receipt/FP notice?

Please take a moment to help me. I don’t know what my options are.

Last edited by a moderator:
get the letter fro BEC

lawyer said it is from Philadelphia . No other questions asked except continue or withdraw ... lawyer immediately replied 'continue '...

info :
apply in 7/02
federal in 6/7 03 ...

BEC letter 2/7/05 ...

good luck to you all .

chinglun said:
lawyer said it is from Philadelphia . No other questions asked except continue or withdraw ... lawyer immediately replied 'continue '...

info :
apply in 7/02
federal in 6/7 03 ...

BEC letter 2/7/05 ...

good luck to you all .
contrats!!. I thought Philly BPC is dead. I can see some movement so I was wrong.

Has anyone in this group received the 45 day letter for the remanded cases ?

GC23 said:
My case was remanded to back to state (NON RIR) in June 2003. It was initially filed in RIR and was approved in state. It got remanded from Federal to State in Jun 2003 and I haven't heard anything after that :( .

I am sure there are many of you in this forum with a similar fate. If you have received any kind of information regarding these cases, please share it with the rest of us :)

I am in the same boat!! No clue whats happening!

Do you think our cases might have been transfered to BRC??

DeCgC_007 said:
Do you know whether the cases filed during the period May 2001 to Aug 2001, which are now sitting at CA SWA (RIR remand to state as NON-RIR), are moved to the Backlog Reduction Centers?

Any updates on those cases?

Anyone in a similar situation received 45 days letter?

Thanks.

Looks like none of us got any response on Remanded cases :mad:

you should get it soon ...

maybe couple days more ...

i got it today ... from philadelphia ... lawyer repiled ' continue ' ...

pleaseGOD said:
Any news about 45D letter? I have still not received any letter, PD: 08/2002 and RD: 08/2003

chinglun said:
maybe couple days more ...

i got it today ... from philadelphia ... lawyer repiled ' continue ' ...

Congrats!!. I'm eagerly waiting for my 45 day letter but nothing has showed up yet. Very frustrating!! I hope i'll also get it..

PD: Apr 2002
RD: July 2003.

goodphysq said:
Looks like none of us got any response on Remanded cases :mad:

No one even knows where are these remanded cases.

--
PD:Aug 2001
RD: Sep 2002
Remanded : Jun 2003
Since then: miserable life

LC certified!

Just heard from my lawyer.

my case PD is Mar 31, 2003. Thanks to this great forum, and good luck to all of us in all stages :)

any remanded case got this letter from BEC?

farbodf said:
No one even knows where are these remanded cases.

--
PD:Aug 2001
RD: Sep 2002
Remanded : Jun 2003
Since then: miserable life

Very ture....not sure what could be done about this!!

Should we start a separate forum...at least we can console our self!!

Any thoughts??

fairfield said:
Just heard from my lawyer.

my case PD is Mar 31, 2003. Thanks to this great forum, and good luck to all of us in all stages :)

Congratulations... Your mean your RD is Mar 31st, 2003 right.

good luck for next stages

when did ur case got certified?

Hi fairfield,

Congrats! :)

Which day did your case got certified?

fairfield said:
my case # is 095536xx and AVM still says "received". I believe they have not updated AVM since Jan 18th :(