San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker

fogman1 said:
Hi GP111,

Dd you send the inquiry email yourself or via your attorney or company HR? Did you provide your company address also?

The response is a USPS letter, not email, is that correct? So, what was this letter address to? Whose name and which address, I mean weather it's the address you provided with your email or the address on your record ? Thanks very much!

I sent the email & the response I got was also Email (as attachment).. No I had not provided company mailing address

gp111 said:
I sent the email & the response I got was also Email (as attachment).. No I had not provided company mailing address

My Attorney got this info on Feb 2nd.
So far no letter yet. GP111 may be your letter in way as suggested by other user.

Good Luck. :)

====================================================
U.S. Department of Labor Employment and Training Administration
Dallas Backlog Processing Center
700 North Pearl St.
Suite N 400
Dallas, TX 75201

TO: xxxxx

RE: Employer: Sxxxx.
Alien: Anand Mishra
Old Case Number: P2004-CA-095916xx
New Case Number: P-04301-29xxx

Dear xxxx:

The purpose of this letter is to acknowledge your request regarding the status of the above-referenced case.
The above-referenced case has been transferred to one of the Division of Foreign Labor Certification’s Dallas Backlog Processing Center. At this time, we are unable to provide any status information on Permanent Labor Certifications. All Processing Center files are in the process of being transferred into a new database. Once the data entry process is completed, a 45-day letter will be issued on all applications requesting additional information from the employer if needed.
Please do not request additional status information for at least 90 days after responding to the 45-day letter.
To obtain general information regarding processing dates, please check the National Office website at
http://www.workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/
Sincerely,

DFLC Processing Center

===================================================

status inquiry

Thanks, gp111

I sent the email last Friday. Just now I got the email with the attachment just as what you described. The difference is that in the .doc file, a new case number is assigned. However, I am still waiting for the 45 day letter...

Dallas BEC is more responsive than I hoped, which may be good news for us.

gp111 said:

The old case number P2003-CA-095xxxx is wierd. They must entered a wrong case number to retrieve your case.

gp111 said:
Yes I did.. The response I got was a letter attached herewith.. I don't know why they did not provide me the new case number!

Last edited by a moderator:
Probability to get GC by 2006 September

Hey
I don't have much understanding of the time involved in i140 and 485 processing, however this is what is my problem.
My 6 years on h1 are set to expire in october 2006. I have a labor pending in california since 5/2002 , my Recd date for DOL is 4/11/2003.
Considering the best case scenario that my case gets approved by the DOL in the next month or so. ? is it realistic to expect the GC by 2006 Sept ?
The reason being that i want to go to B-School, and i don't want to delay it any further... as the only other option would be Sept 2007 which would be very late. i cannot transfer to F1 because when i get out the B-School i cannot get a H1 as 6 years have expired .
So the simple question is that is it feasible provided everything works out smoothly that i get a GC by Sept 2006 ? - and what would be the scenarios if i get a 3 option letter(other than going into therapy) . ? what would happen if i apply for I485 say like in apirl/may and am awaiting the outcome, it wouldn't make sense to quit the employer but would it be worthwhile to go on leave and be employed i mean what are the option then?
can you please comment ?

thanks
rahul .

rsdighe said:
Hey
I don't have much understanding of the time involved in i140 and 485 processing, however this is what is my problem.
My 6 years on h1 are set to expire in october 2006. I have a labor pending in california since 5/2002 , my Recd date for DOL is 4/11/2003.
Considering the best case scenario that my case gets approved by the DOL in the next month or so. ? is it realistic to expect the GC by 2006 Sept ?
The reason being that i want to go to B-School, and i don't want to delay it any further... as the only other option would be Sept 2007 which would be very late. i cannot transfer to F1 because when i get out the B-School i cannot get a H1 as 6 years have expired .
So the simple question is that is it feasible provided everything works out smoothly that i get a GC by Sept 2006 ? - and what would be the scenarios if i get a 3 option letter(other than going into therapy) . ? what would happen if i apply for I485 say like in apirl/may and am awaiting the outcome, it wouldn't make sense to quit the employer but would it be worthwhile to go on leave and be employed i mean what are the option then?
can you please comment ?

thanks
rahul .

Nobody can trust or expect what the processing times would be anymore. They keep changing things all the time. But it seems you should be fine as long as you keep your H1B status and the GC process going. You can extend your H1B status past the six years and go to school, maybe part time.

the case number is P-04321-04xxx

I remember P means Philly and 04321 means 321th day of 2004, which is supposed to be in the mid Nov of last year.

I dont quite understand how DOL proceeds with all those cases.

GP111 or Mnhrdc,

Isn't a new case number is assigned ONLY AFTER data entry is finished for the case. Why did it take so long for them to print and send the letter, if good data is already there?

fogman1 said:
Thanks, gp111

I sent the email last Friday. Just now I got the email with the attachment just as what you described. The difference is that in the .doc file, a new case number is assigned. However, I am still waiting for the 45 day letter...

Dallas BEC is more responsive than I hoped, which may be good news for us.

rsdighe said:
Hey
can you please comment ?

thanks
rahul .

Going by the current time scale, You will be lucky if you get the whole GC thing done by sep 2007.

how long does it take 145 485

MercyOursoul said:
Going by the current time scale, You will be lucky if you get the whole GC thing done by sep 2007.

how long does the 140 , 485 take anyway ??
rahul

rsdighe said:
rahul

I think they process 140,485 now June 2004 in California. so if you get approved next month say March 2005, then it will take at least 2 months collect all papers to file concurrent, if you are in EB2 category. then just calculate roughly from May 2005 - If every thing goes fine the same way regarding the speed in the current process, your file may be taken by January 2006. If you are lucky and no issues probably you will get by feb or mar2006. (This assumption is just considering you get approved labor by next month :eek: ).

this schedule looks perfect...

so how long does it take get LC approved after replying to the BRC in Philadephia ?

45 days + couple months ?

Srihar said:
I think they process 140,485 now June 2004 in California. so if you get approved next month say March 2005, then it will take at least 2 months collect all papers to file concurrent, if you are in EB2 category. then just calculate roughly from May 2005 - If every thing goes fine the same way regarding the speed in the current process, your file may be taken by January 2006. If you are lucky and no issues probably you will get by feb or mar2006. (This assumption is just considering you get approved labor by next month :eek: ).

Some thoughts about Last 5 digits of your ETA No.

fogman1 said:
the case number is P-04321-04xxx

I remember P means Philly and 04321 means 321th day of 2004, which is supposed to be in the mid Nov of last year.

I dont quite understand how DOL proceeds with all those cases.

GP111 or Mnhrdc,

Isn't a new case number is assigned ONLY AFTER data entry is finished for the case. Why did it take so long for them to print and send the letter, if good data is already there?

My first analysis on the no.issued looks to be generated based on PD and the day they entered the data (based on intial reciept from RO)

P - Original case file with Phily
D- Original case file with Dallas
04-Year 2004
320-Day no. in that year

My intial guess is that the last 5 digits generation might have happend based on PD dates which closely matches, I may be wrong.

eg Pd 6/5/02 RD 6/1/03 ETA-D04320-01Xxx (Not rcd bec letter)
Pd 6/20/02 RD 5/9/03 ETA-D04321-045xx (Recd bec letter)

They may be unable to send letter since they are doing data population to new data base as per there inquiry status check replies.

Since ZBranny is maintaining the our DB he can throw some light on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
rsdighe said:
rahul

Projections like in marketing if ever they work

Marketing projection 9 months for concurrent
Realistic projections 12-18 months and more if there are Visa retrogress

Srihar said:

Depending from what country you are (India/China) it might take longer for GC. Remember the retrogression that just took place

chinglun said:

so how long does it take get LC approved after replying to the BRC in Philadephia ?

Based on other threads

Some intial analysis has started at Dalls means very few staff started working on cases for the replies recived, which might have passed 90 days period or the earliest transferred cases incidently most longest pending cases.

However we can expect trickles in end of April 05 onwords, since the last date for transfer from state is March 31 2005.

chinglun said:

That's the Million $$$ question I would like to know too. Is it actually going to move faster now that it has gone to a BRC/BEC? I really pray that it will. Any comments?

mnhrdc said:
My first analysis on the no.issued looks to be generated based on PD and the day they entered the data (based on intial reciept from RO)

P - Original case file with Phily
D- Original case file with Dallas
04-Year 2004
320-Day no. in that year

My intial guess is that the last 5 digits generation might have happend based on PD dates which closely matches, I may be wrong.

eg Pd 6/5/02 RD 6/1/03 ETA-D04320-01Xxx (Not rcd bec letter)
Pd 6/20/02 RD 5/9/03 ETA-D04321-045xx (Recd bec letter)

They may be unable to send letter since they are doing data population to new data base as per there inquiry status check replies.

Since ZBranny is maintaining the our DB he can throw some light on this.

P-04321-04xxx(Waiting bec letter)
D-04321-045xx(Recd bec letter)

I think Last 5 letter will be unique number generated by system or may be some combination based on PD/whatever. But sure one is gone to Philly and other from Dallas. Philly has to wait quite long to get any letter. :(

new case number

my case was transfered tp Philadelphia ...

my last 5 digit starts very differently from yours ...

P04037-3XXXX

So far, I saw other cases start with 0 ...

what does that mean ?

maybe it is the FIFO # ?

chinglun said:
my case was transfered tp Philadelphia ...

my last 5 digit starts very differently from yours ...

P04037-3XXXX

So far, I saw other cases start with 0 ...

what does that mean ?