San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker

sacbee said:
Gp111:

One of my friend told that during I140/ 485 stage, it is better to have degree evaluation . Since in India, Engineering degree will be "BE" here in US it is "BS".

Is it necessary ???
Your suggestion is most welcome.

They should have done it with your initial H1 papers.. You can reuse the same evaluation. Otherwise not a must.. If USCIS issues RFE, you can get it done in a week or so.

gp111 said:
Sihar & Nirvan

I appreciate the info & correcting me ...

I have only lived in india for about 24 years & though "Department of Birth & Death Registration" who has issed me a BC before 30 years was still part of Government of India.. In this new scenario my BC will become unvalid & I have to go for NAC.

If the BC has been issued by any local authority like corporation,panchayat or village officer then it will be still valid. But I think if that has been issued by some maternity hospital, it may not valid. Still it may be valid if that certificate is from some Government Hospital(You can check this with some one in India). If it says "Department of Birth & Death Registration", I hope it should be some government office certificate. So you will be ok.

Birth Certificate requirements

Srihar said:
If the BC has been issued by any local authority like corporation,panchayat or village officer then it will be still valid. But I think if that has been issued by some maternity hospital, it may not valid. Still it may be valid if that certificate is from some Government Hospital(You can check this with some one in India). If it says "Department of Birth & Death Registration", I hope it should be some government office certificate. So you will be ok.

I had the following information in my mailbox w.r.t. birth certificate. Thought I will share with the group.

DOCUMENTS AND RECORDS
Birth Certificate
(TL:VISA-174; 01-12-1998)
Available. Prior to 1970, reporting of births was voluntary. Birth
certificates of Europeans, Anglo-Indians, Armenian Christians, Jews and
Parsis born prior to 1970 may be obtained from the State Registrar General
of Births, Deaths, and Marriages. No standard or uniform certificate is
issued by the several authorities. In addition, acceptable certificates can
often be obtained from the municipal and rural registration records which
are maintained under the state laws. Europeans, Anglo-Indians, and Indian
Christians are usually able to obtain church baptismal certificates.
Under the Registration of Births and Deaths Act of 1969, births are
required to be registered in almost all of the States and Union Territories
of India. Birth certificates are available to any applicant born on or
after April 1, 1970, upon payment of a nominal fee to the appropriate
authority.
In cases where birth certificates from the authorities are unavailable or
contain insufficient information regarding the birth or the parents, a
sworn affidavit executed by either the parents, if living, or other close
relatives older than the applicant, may be submitted. It should set forth
the relationship between the deponent and the applicant, how well the
deponent knows the applicant, date and place of the applicant's birth, the
names of both parents, and any other related facts. Such affidavit, when a
birth certificate is unavailable, should be accompanied by a document from
a competent governmental authority confirming that the certificate does not
exist, or no longer exists.

================

gp111 said:
What I have found from my attorney & also on other threads of this forum is people with PD on or before May 2002 have received letters from Dallas / Philly BEC.. I believe cases transferred from SF DOL are with PDs June-02 & beyond.. so we should be next in line to receive the letters

Happy Holidays !

gp111,
My PD is Apr '02 whereas the RD is July '03 and i have not received the 45 day letter from BEC. My attorney says my case is transferred to BEC but i'm not sure whether my case is still with SFO DOL or with BEC. Am just sitting tight and hoping for the best. Hopefully the new year will bring all of us the good news!!

pklam said:
gp111,
My PD is Apr '02 whereas the RD is July '03 and i have not received the 45 day letter from BEC. My attorney says my case is transferred to BEC but i'm not sure whether my case is still with SFO DOL or with BEC. Am just sitting tight and hoping for the best. Hopefully the new year will bring all of us the good news!!

yep. yours should be one of the first SF DOL Cases getting 45-day letter.. Keep us informed.

thanks

wassup said:
I am in the same boat. No response from DOL. Its no good getting it in Jan, 2005. By that time the EB3 numbers would have retrogressed and apparently wont move until April. More painful waiting.
Hi wassup,
I am on the same boat.My reply was sent on 12 th Nov 2004, stll there is no response. I guess DOL is enjoying their holidays. Please post messages whenever anybody gets any response to their 3-options letter from one and only SFO DOL. :mad:
Thanks
dask_1

PD Mar 2002 and RD May 2003. No Letter yet

GP,
Even My PD is Mar 2002 and RD is May 2003. I Still didnt hear anything from BEC so far. To whom BEC is sending the letters to??(Employer or Lawyer).

pklam said:
gp111,

gp111 said:
There is only one Govt. Department in India issues BC/DC & it is "Department of Birth & Death Registration".. Local Municipality / Panchayat / Talati / Corporation / Hospital just have the counters for this department.

For your information. The local authorities will provide statistical information to Government of India about birth or death information. The local authorities only keep all records. Recently I got NAC for my wife and I have birth certificates for my sons and those certificates doesn't say a general letter head as Department of .... for Government of India. It says which corporation or Taluk office. So there is no counter for this department in Hospital or any other local offices.

srihar:

I have got BC from local authority

In my BC

1) My parents last name is missing
2) the seal that they put is in regional language but cetificate is in both english and regional language.

In my wife's BC
1)My wife's middle name is missing
2) My wife's parents last name is missing
3) the seal that they put is in regional language but cetificate is in both english and regional language.

In both cases all other information is correct, eg. place of birth, date of birth,registration date, registration no ......

What shall I do???????

Srihar said:

Srihar said:
For your information. The local authorities will provide statistical information to Government of India about birth or death information. The local authorities only keep all records. Recently I got NAC for my wife and I have birth certificates for my sons and those certificates doesn't say a general letter head as Department of .... for Government of India. It says which corporation or Taluk office. So there is no counter for this department in Hospital or any other local offices.

Thanks Sihar.. You are the Guru of Birth Certificates ! As I said earlier I am not aware about Indian system much as I have lived there only 24 years. Also why they don't remove sites like http://www.indialawinfo.com/bareacts/regis.html#_Toc521126210

Last edited by a moderator:
gp111 said:
Thanks Sihar.. You are the Guru of Birth Certificates ! As I said earlier I am not aware about Indian system much as I have lived there only 24 years. Also why they don't remove sites like http://www.indialawinfo.com/bareacts/regis.html#_Toc521126210

This link page talks about state government and not Government of India which is a central government. Other than corporation taluk office,village officers are local authorities come under state government administration. Corporation is also covered under state government administration, but it is a seperate entity controlled by Mayor. As this web page explains about state government powers, this need not to be removed. :)

sacbee said:
srihar:

I have got BC from local authority

In my BC

1) My parents last name is missing
2) the seal that they put is in regional language but cetificate is in both english and regional language.

In my wife's BC
1)My wife's middle name is missing
2) My wife's parents last name is missing
3) the seal that they put is in regional language but cetificate is in both english and regional language.

In both cases all other information is correct, eg. place of birth, date of birth,registration date, registration no ......

What shall I do???????

I think seal in regional language is not a problem. But the BC should have some title with the local authority name like Chennai Corporation, etc., So this will show it is certified by the local authority or the officer signed should have put his designation with office name in english. But regarding the names, it is better to get a fresh BC with all correct details. Even when I got BC for my son first time, his name was not there. So I applied one more BC to give with correct name. But you can check this with your attorney, as they know better than me and I am not familiar with legal act and rules. :)

lilychen04 said:
Hello all,

My company is starting to file Green Cards again. I have a master's degree and would like to apply as EB2 category.

My company has told me that I am not elegible for EB2 category since my pay does not meet the EB2 pay bracket criteria. I want to know if this is a requirement. Is there anyway around it?
Does anyone know what the pay bracket for EB2 is?

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Hi lilychen,

I didn't know about this requirement. I have a similar situation, and would sure like to know if you found any more info.

GP and others,
Do you know of this requirement, and if salary is a requirement for EB2, does anyone know of the range?

Thanks in advance,
GCD

Latest Update

Case # RD Certified Date

9583362 5/24/04 12/22/04 C
9583363 5/24/04 12/22/04 C
9583365 5/24/04 12/22/04 C
9583368 5/24/04 12/22/04 C

I called the AVM and got this information. Whoever related to these case number, if not known the status earlier, please call and recheck once again.
It looks for other western states and seattle they process 5/24/2004 RD cases. I post this information in this thread, as some applicants like me from western states other than CA (like AZ,etc) may watch this thread also.

Another Update

Case # RD Date

9583370 5/24/04 12/22/04 NOF
9583361 5/24/04 12/22/04 C

I called the AVM and got this information. Whoever related to these case number, if not known the status earlier, please call and recheck once again.
It looks for other western states and seattle they process 5/24/2004 RD cases. I post this information in this thread, as some applicants like me from western states other than CA (like AZ,etc) may watch this thread also.

Degree Completion and EB2

Guys,

Got a question about degree completion and applying for EB2 category.
Completed Master's program requirements in March 2004 in USA.
My transcript shows that I completed them in Winter 2004(no specific date).
I have taken up a job in April 2004.
However to recieve the Diploma it took couple of months and the degree certificate states that it is given at city '---' on August 2004(The month they processed the degree certificate).
I understood that I should have completed the Master's degree before I join my employer inorder to place my case in EB2 category.
Will they consider my Transcripts as a valid evidence that I completed the requirements before joining my current employer??.
Any suggestions will be highly appreciated. Please help me out.

what does this help ?????????

Srihar said:
Case # RD Date

Srihar said:
Case # RD Date

Sorry for the typo error. It is not 9583361. Please read it as 9583371