San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker

vsaxena said:
thanks labor69 for sharing the information.

Could you please tell us about your RD (Receive date) at SFO DOL?

thanks in advance!

Thanks to labor69 for sharing excellent info, which means RD's having earlier to oct/2003 are expected recive letters in first installment

3 option letter

r_sundu said:
My company replied 7 weeks back and still waiting for reply..

My company replied 10-12 weeks ago. Nothing has happened so far. The lawyer claims to have called for a status check but not hearing back from the department of lethargy (read DOL).

Unopened cases what does that mean???

Folks,
I know all of us going thru rough time..hopefully it will be worth our wait......

DOL has issued a memorandum detailing the schedules of unprocessed labor certification cases from the state offices to the newly created and operating National Backlog Processing Centers in Philadelphia and Dallas on the following schedules:
Cases Received Before 01/01/2003: Ship to the Backlog Processing Centers no later than 12/31/2004. Cases are sorted out and shipped out on first-in first-out basis. Therefore earliest cases are shipped out first.

My question is what will happen to Auto-remand cases? Do anybody have any idea? Will this will be handled by SWA or by backlog reduction centres
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soory to ask so many q's at a time. but

how do u get info what cases are processed on what dates? And
How to know our case is RIR or non-RIR? Our lawyer doesn't reveal anything.please mention along with phone number and options.

And one more doubt? whats the diff between permanant application and RIR? When I call 4601 number it mentons seperately both the cases.
?Thanks in advance

alvin said:
just called, these are all 3/21 cases and not 3/24.

alvin said:
just called, these are all 3/21 cases and not 3/24.

The AVM says that the cases are received on March twentifourth 2003. Its surprising how you can listen this as 3/21. BTW, these case numbers match with flcdatacenter website's RD as 03/24/2003.

SO, I just heard from my lawyers that DOL needs a restest of the employement market. What are my options here? Just want to gather some information before I talk to our lawyers...Thank you very much.

visa nos retrogess

Hi gp111,
We have learnt from murthy.com that the visa nos. will retrogess to January 2002 for EB3 category .
My labor was filed at SWA on 01/31/2002.
DOL receipt date is 01/31/2003
current status:Received 3 options letter from DOL, replied back with retest option but still awaiting the result for almost two months.
My assumption is that I will not be able to file for I-140 and I-485 because of the retrogession of visa nos. :mad:
Please correct me if I am wrong..

Thanks a lot gp111

dask_1 said:
Hi gp111,
We have learnt from murthy.com that the visa nos. will retrogess to January 2002 for EB3 category .
My labor was filed at SWA on 01/31/2002.
DOL receipt date is 01/31/2003
current status:Received 3 options letter from DOL, replied back with retest option but still awaiting the result for almost two months.
My assumption is that I will not be able to file for I-140 and I-485 because of the retrogession of visa nos. :mad:
Please correct me if I am wrong..

Thanks a lot gp111

If I ware you, I keep my papers ready, Medical Done & forms filled.. Keep my fingures corssed about getting LC by X-mas & apply by Dec-31.

If you miss the deadline, you may have to wait couple of months more for PD to progress..(unless it goes backwards, I hope not)

good luck

sbdol said:
The two DOL regional offices with the oldest backlogs are Dallas ( currently January 2003 ) and San Francisco (March 2003). And guess what ?! They assigned both SF and Dallas cases to the same BEC. Good Job !!! That is the real FIFO !http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/backlogcastrans.pdf

Don't get confuced by this memo.. Its for SWA/SESA not DOL.... You are wondering about Backlog at DOL (SF & Dallas) while this memo is the schedule of transfer SWA cases to BEC...

Hi gp111,
There is no way that my labor will be cleared before 25 th December 2004..... and are you guys on the same boat ????
So what next ....any idea how long we have to wait for this...any speculation from your past experience.

Thanks man
dask_1

gp111 said:
If I ware you, I keep my papers ready, Medical Done & forms filled.. Keep my fingures corssed about getting LC by X-mas & apply by Dec-31.

If you miss the deadline, you may have to wait couple of months more for PD to progress..(unless it goes backwards, I hope not)

good luck

Hi gp111

How do you know that this is for SESA/SWA not DOL ?? .... I think it is about PD ....They want to move all the cases from DOL and SWA .....

gp111,

From your response ,what I understood is that if someone gets an LC approval this week and applies for I140 / 485 before Dec 31,2004 - the retrogression doesn't affect that person even if the PD is June 2002 or 2003 ( as long as they concurrently applied before by Dec 31 2004) ? Please correct me if I am wrong.

gp111 said:

good luck

Hi GP111,

Can we finish medical exam before labor approval from DOL?????
If yes, how can we take appointment?

Thanks GP111.

gp111 said:

good luck

Visa Numbers

help4lc said:
gp111,

From your response ,what I understood is that if someone gets an LC approval this week and applies for I140 / 485 before Dec 31,2004 - the retrogression doesn't affect that person even if the PD is June 2002 or 2003 ( as long as they concurrently applied before by Dec 31 2004) ? Please correct me if I am wrong.

The least I would expect from you people is to understand plain english.

How would the cut-off date affect the GC process?

please refer to ---> http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi_bulletincurrent.html

EB3 Indian National PD is prior to Jan 1 2002 is eligible for final processing.
EB3 Indian National PD is after Jan 1 2002 is NOT eligible for final processing.

If someone has PD after the cut-off date and already filed for I-485 , then he/she wont get I-485 approved even though he/she got EAD/AP. They will have to wait for the cut-off date becomes current to get final approval.
I would consider those people to be really lucky who gets their GC approved before DEC 31 2004 because JAN 1 2005 the cut-off date becomes effective.
It doesnt matter if you file for I-485 prior to DEC 31 2004 your case will still be stuck until your PD falls on or after Cut-off Date.

devar said:
The least I would expect from you people is to understand plain english.

How would the cut-off date affect the GC process?

please refer to ---> http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi_bulletincurrent.html

EB3 Indian National PD is prior to Jan 1 2002 is eligible for final processing.
EB3 Indian National PD is after Jan 1 2002 is NOT eligible for final processing.

If someone has PD after the cut-off date and already filed for I-485 , then he/she wont get I-485 approved even though he/she got EAD/AP. They will have to wait for the cut-off date becomes current to get final approval.
I would consider those people to be really lucky who gets their GC approved before DEC 31 2004 because JAN 1 2005 the cut-off date becomes effective.
It doesnt matter if you file for I-485 prior to DEC 31 2004 your case will still be stuck until your PD falls on or after Cut-off Date.

To make this english more in laymans terms

PD is the date you apply for labor certification (State SWA reciept)
Cutt-off date is Visa Availabelity Date (Jan 1 2002)

eg:1. If your SWA Appln date is Before Jan 1 2002 and mean time you get your LC during fallowing months you wont get affected for filing 140 & 485.
2. If your SWA appln date is After Jan 1 2002 and you get your LC during fallowing months you will not allowed to file concurrently but allways you can file I-140.
3. Lets say some body has got LC allready and filed conncurrently but his PD date is Jan 2003. His I-485 will be adjudicated only when Visa is current for that date. What benifits this person gets is his spouse can work with EAD.
No change of Job untill I-140 approved and 180 days are lapsed for AC21 portabelity.

Hope this clear and let us wait for our Letters from BEC.

new certifications

I found just two new 032 cases certified - that too on 12/6. What are they doing?????

case num RD certified
09553210 03/24 12/06
09553256 03/24 12/06

pk_karim said:
Hi GP111,

Can we finish medical exam before labor approval from DOL?????
If yes, how can we take appointment?

Thanks GP111.

How do I find a designated civil surgeon in my area?

To obtain the names and telephone numbers of the designated civil surgeons in your area, please call INS' National Customer Service Center at 1 (800)375-5283. After you have selected English or Spanish as your language of choice for the message, choose #2 for medical examinations from the list of six automated options. You will need to key in your zip code. Have a pen and pencil ready to write down the list of civil surgeons.

or Google it <STATE> INS approved Doctors