San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker

Hope cases like us are not forgotten or put in store.... :confused:[/QUOTE]

That will never happend because of FIFO effect and return of BEC/NPC
Looks eventually all states SWA centres will be closed in near future.

In couple of Months due to FIFO effect all the advertisements for Fast processing of GC will stop from other states and PD becomes main criteria hence you should not worry.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your encouraging words...my experience with SWA/DOL makes me always skeptic. Its been more than three years and when ever I get closer someting or other will happen and I will be in deep dodo..

Again now I see light..........hope I will get there

Thanks

BEC 45 day Letter

Information:

The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) announced that the Dallas and Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Centers (BECs), sometimes referred to as the Backlog Reduction Centers or BRCs, would be issuing approximately 10,000 Receipt Notification Letters during the week of December 6, 2004. These letters require sponsoring employers to respond within the stated time. If no response is received, the case will be closed.

These DOL-issued receipt notification letters request certain information from sponsoring employers and have a response deadline of 45 days. If the DOL does not receive a response to a letter within the 45-day deadline, the case will be closed. These letters should normally be sent to the employer's representative. If the employer receives the letter directly but has an attorney, the employer should speak to the attorney regarding the letter immediately.

Source
http://murthy.com/news/n_trawat.html

I think these are the RIR and Non RIR cases transferred from SFO DOL.
There has been talks about FIFO and some times alphabetical order for sorting cases. Not sure which one is being followed to approach the cases.
If some one has knowledge about it such as how FIFO is planned, Please post it

JRFF said:
Information:

The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) announced that the Dallas and Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Centers (BECs), sometimes referred to as the Backlog Reduction Centers or BRCs, would be issuing approximately 10,000 Receipt Notification Letters during the week of December 6, 2004. These letters require sponsoring employers to respond within the stated time. If no response is received, the case will be closed.

These DOL-issued receipt notification letters request certain information from sponsoring employers and have a response deadline of 45 days. If the DOL does not receive a response to a letter within the 45-day deadline, the case will be closed. These letters should normally be sent to the employer's representative. If the employer receives the letter directly but has an attorney, the employer should speak to the attorney regarding the letter immediately.

Source
http://murthy.com/news/n_trawat.html

I think these are the RIR and Non RIR cases transferred from SFO DOL.
There has been talks about FIFO and some times alphabetical order for sorting cases. Not sure which one is being followed to approach the cases.
If some one has knowledge about it such as how FIFO is planned, Please post it

I hope they do not mess up the cases ... I am worried the quality of these changes ...

BEC Letter

Hi All,
Please post if any of you receive (your company/attorney) letter from BEC, Please post it. I believe we all are waiting for this.
This will help us to know the timeline of the cases BEC is planning to handle first.

Thanks,
:) :)

EB3 + 7 th year extension + imminent layoffs

Guys,
I've been a passive onlooker of this board for over an year. There is lot of collective expertise on this board. I am hoping you guys could comment on my situation..
My case had been filed in Feb 2002, DOL RFE recently. I am on my 7th year extension H1, have got 8 more months on that....There are going to be some layoffs in a few months time. So my question is

a) Is it possible for me to get another H1 from another firm for those 8 months ?
b) Is it possible for me to use a pre approved labor and file for I140/I485 from another company ?
c) I am also working with some guys to boot strap a startup..So is there some way I could use that opportunity in case of layoff.

Thanks

calerius

a) Is it possible for me to get another H1 from another firm for those 8 months ?

Yes You can

b) Is it possible for me to use a pre approved labor and file for I140/I485 from another company ?

Yes, You will be able to file I-140 & I-485 concurrently if you (& the preapproved LC) is qualified for EB-2, otherwise file I-140 alone.

c) I am also working with some guys to boot strap a startup..So is there some way I could use that opportunity in case of layoff.

If your current employer does not withdraw LC/I-140 or if you can find a company with preapproved LC & file I-140/485... work with the start up as contractor till I-140 gets cleared / pass 180 days of I-485 receipt & use AC-21..

alvin said:
Thanks GP111,

There are rumours, that CIS might stop accespting I-140 and I-485 concurrently altogether, come Jan 1, 2005.
do you see that happening ?

-al

Yes there are talks in some of the forums, but there is NO law or any notification has been issued. But it looks pertinent means the concurrent filed appln can not be processed at I-485 stage, if there PD's are later than cutt-off dates.

The objective of Concurrent filing was that I-140&I-485 should be adjudicated together. Now the sitiuation has arised in most of the cases that concurrent filed appln can't be processed further after I-140 stage because of non availabelity of Visa dates. In this sitiuation the objective is failed and more cases gets back logged. So the rumour is that they can stop concurrent and use the man power proerly to adjudicate other cases.

I-140 can be adjudicated irrespective of Visa Dates for allien and substituted labour

6000 cases

A few days ago someone had posted that SF is currently processing 09553256 dated 3/24 my case date is 4/11 and the number is more than 09559000 . Is it normal for DOL to receive close to 6000 cases in a 2 week period. Given the rate does anyone have a idea of how long its going to take to clear these 6000 cases. :confused: . Typically i was expecting to hear something end of december or 1st week of january is that reasonable expectation.

Also is there any significance to the DOT code, i had read some posts where folks were looking to see if a 032 code has been cleared etc etc . is there some probability that the case gets cleared if it has a particular DOT code :confused: mine is 999.151-031 .

I hope someone would please reply, I wasn't looking impatient for 2 years but now when its close to a month i can't help but call the AVM everyday just hoping they would have picked my case at random and certified it :)

rsdighe,
A few days ago someone had posted that SF is currently processing 09553256 dated 3/24 my case date is 4/11 and the number is more than 09559000 . Is it normal for DOL to receive close to 6000 cases in a 2 week period.

NO.. SF DOL Dones not give Sequential Numbers to cases, so its not 6000 cases between 3/24 & 4/11... To be exact there are total 821 RIR cases received between 3/24 & 4/11 (including both dates).. Here is the distribution

3/24/2003= 130
3/27/2003= 125
3/31/2003= 251
4/1/2003= 1
4/2/2003 = 16
4/3/2003 = 12
4/4/2003 = 96
4/7/2003 = 20
4/11/2003= 160

Also is there any significance to the DOT code, i had read some posts where folks were looking to see if a 032 code has been cleared etc etc . is there some probability that the case gets cleared if it has a particular DOT code :confused: mine is 999.151-031 .

It used to be, last year.. when Tech sector was down some dot codes ware taking more time then the others.. Nowadays every DOT codes is taking almost same amout of time..

gp111 said:
rsdighe,

NO.. SF DOL Dones not give Sequential Numbers to cases, so its not 6000 cases between 3/24 & 4/11... To be exact there are total 821 RIR cases received between 3/24 & 4/11 (including both dates).. Here is the distribution

3/24/2003= 130
3/27/2003= 125
3/31/2003= 251
4/1/2003= 1
4/2/2003 = 16
4/3/2003 = 12
4/4/2003 = 96
4/7/2003 = 20
4/11/2003= 160

It used to be, last year.. when Tech sector was down some dot codes ware taking more time then the others.. Nowadays every DOT codes is taking almost same amout of time..
you guys are geniuses, this is good data mining. i bet u guys have more statistics than the immigration department.

anyways thanks for the info.

gp111 said:
rsdighe,

3/24/2003= 130
3/27/2003= 125
3/31/2003= 251
4/1/2003= 1
4/2/2003 = 16
4/3/2003 = 12
4/4/2003 = 96
4/7/2003 = 20
4/11/2003= 160

Hi gp111

Does SF assigns case number serial according to state or it is universal serial number for all states (CA,AZ,NV,etc., in their region)
Why i am asking is , my number is 9583393, but I noticed 9583256 is for CA.
but my file transferred from AZ state labor. My question is if the case number starts from 9583xxx, does it mean it comes under CA state number?

Srihar said:
Hi gp111

Does SF assigns case number serial according to state or it is universal serial number for all states (CA,AZ,NV,etc., in their region)
Why i am asking is , my number is 9583393, but I noticed 9583256 is for CA.
but my file transferred from AZ state labor. My question is if the case number starts from 9583xxx, does it mean it comes under CA state number?

SF DOL Case numbers are not State Specific.. means if 9583393 is AZ case 9583394 may be any other western state...

BEC Notification Letter update from our Attorney

. DOL Transition Watch : BEC Letters & Case Transfers

BEC 45-Day Letters
©MurthyDotCom
©MurthyDotCom

Comments and answer from our Attorney regarding above.

Quote"
"Our office has not received any such "receipt letter" regarding your
application. I will bring this email to the attorney's attention, however,
and request he advise whether this will have an impact on your case. I will
be in contact shortly. Thank you."
UnQuote"

DOL case status

There has been no updates to SFO DOL cases after Dec 7th in AVM. I also tried Faxing to 415-975-4660 on status of my case. No luck. Is there any other mode of checking status of our cases with DOL?

gp111 said:
SF DOL Case numbers are not State Specific.. means if 9583393 is AZ case 9583394 may be any other western state...

Thanks gp111. So it also includes both RIR and NON RIR cases. No different serial number to differentiate RIR and NON RIR?

SFO Case numbers

Hi,

My case was moved to SFO DOL during August 2003. Filed with SESA in August 2002.

However, on the transmittal letter received from EDD, my case number is entirely different in series and even the number of digits are less. Is this some thing to worry about?

Does any body else has similar situation?

What are the case numbers for people with Rd in and after August 2003?

Thanks

rspr said:
Hi,

My case was moved to SFO DOL during August 2003. Filed with SESA in August 2002.

However, on the transmittal letter received from EDD, my case number is entirely different in series and even the number of digits are less. Is this some thing to worry about?

Does any body else has similar situation?

What are the case numbers for people with Rd in and after August 2003?

Thanks

Have you received DOL Receipt ? It will have your DOL Case Number & DOT code (Which is different from SESA case number)