San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker

need_your_help said:
Did anyone get apporval recently after replying for labor retest (3 option letter).
We replied more than 2 months back and there is no response yet from DOL,
and for the worst AVM keeps ringing.
sad.gif

Will our cases be forwarded to BEC/NPC?

You should hear from SFO only , since BEC/NPC is for only unopended cases.
However Good look

More Delays

immigration-law.com

Labor Certification Cases Transfer Schedules from State Offices to Backlog
Processing Centers

DOL has issued a memorandum detailing the schedules of unprocessed labor certification cases from the state offices to the newly created and operating National Backlog Processing Centers in Philadelphia and Dallas on the following schedules:
Cases Received Before 01/01/2003: Ship to the Backlog Processing Centers no later than 12/31/2004. Cases are sorted out and shipped out on first-in first-out basis. Therefore earliest cases are shipped out first.
Cases Received from 01/01/2003 to 12/31/2004: Ship to the Backlog Processing Centers no later than 03/31/2005, again in the order of first-in and first-out basis.
Cases Received after 01/01/2005: Date stamp and ship to National Processing Centers and current Region I and Region VI Offices for processing and adjudication. From January 1, 2005, the state offices are completely phased out. In fact, there are plenty of state offices that have already stopped processing of permanent labor certification cases.

Last edited by a moderator:
GC_dreamer said:
Hi GP and other gurus,

My H1 was approved on Sep 2000, but I came to US on Feb 2001. So my H1 has been renewed until Sep 2006. However, is it true that the H1 is actually valid until Feb 2007 - 6 yrs from the day I entered US.

Any help is much appreciated!!
GCD

YES !

ciril99 said:
gp111,

Can you please clarify this. Here are my details:

MD State RD: Jan-03-2002
Phili RD: Jan-04-2004 - pending
EB3

Let's say if my labor at Phili is approved some time next year, since the prority dates for EB3 are retrogressed to Jan-1-2002, Can I go for concurrent filing of I-140 and I-485 in next year?

Thanks for your help.

PD has been retrogressed to 01/01/02 for the month of Jan-05 & will move next month pass your PD, so yes you should be able to file Concurrently after Feb-05

labor cert.frustration

Hi guys ,
Do you have updated news for (non-rir cases) here in california?
my recieved date is: jan 2003

currently processing jan 2003 as of dec 08 2004.

Im getting frustrated and losing hope seems the system is so backlogged or not moving at all.
And another thing is about the BAD news for the concurrent filing of i-485 & i-140
they said they're gonna stop doing it.Man this is depressing!I wish that this
will never gonna happen.
Pls. gp111 and guys here give me some sort of motivation thru writing in this forum to keep going on this miserable waiting and suffering!!!NEED HELP!!

jpa01 said:
Hi guys ,
Do you have updated news for (non-rir cases) here in california?
my recieved date is: jan 2003

currently processing jan 2003 as of dec 08 2004.

Im getting frustrated and losing hope seems the system is so backlogged or not moving at all.
And another thing is about the BAD news for the concurrent filing of i-485 & i-140
they said they're gonna stop doing it.Man this is depressing!I wish that this
will never gonna happen.
Pls. gp111 and guys here give me some sort of motivation thru writing in this forum to keep going on this miserable waiting and suffering!!!NEED HELP!!

Hi jpa01,
Don't loose your faith ! I believe you have RD of Jan-03 right ? They are processing Jan-03 currently so soon you will get good news.. Hey man, you have already waited for 3 years, hold on couple of more months.

secondly, They are not stopping Concurrent filing. Only thing changed in EB3 category is the I-485 PD cutoff moved to 01.01.02... but I am sure your PD is much before that right ? some time in 2001 ?.. so you will be able to file concurrently as soon as your LC gets certified.

EB2 or EB3 ????

Hi GP111,

In 750A forms mentioned 3 yrs, BS required
In 750B mentioned total expereince claimed 7 yrs from all previous employers.
Which one is mine????? EB2 or EB3???????????????? :( :( :(

Thanks

Hi gp111,

My rd date is jan 29 2003
and my pd is april 17 2001.
Thanks for the motivational words gp111.
I felt more better now.
what is the cutoff by the way?
they cant file concurrently after 01.01.02?

gp111 said:
Hi jpa01,
Don't loose your faith ! I believe you have RD of Jan-03 right ? They are processing Jan-03 currently so soon you will get good news.. Hey man, you have already waited for 3 years, hold on couple of more months.

secondly, They are not stopping Concurrent filing. Only thing changed in EB3 category is the I-485 PD cutoff moved to 01.01.02... but I am sure your PD is much before that right ? some time in 2001 ?.. so you will be able to file concurrently as soon as your LC gets certified.

mnhrdc said:
immigration-law.com

Labor Certification Cases Transfer Schedules from State Offices to Backlog
Processing Centers

DOL has issued a memorandum detailing the schedules of unprocessed labor certification cases from the state offices to the newly created and operating National Backlog Processing Centers in Philadelphia and Dallas on the following schedules:
Cases Received Before 01/01/2003: Ship to the Backlog Processing Centers no later than 12/31/2004. Cases are sorted out and shipped out on first-in first-out basis. Therefore earliest cases are shipped out first.
Cases Received from 01/01/2003 to 12/31/2004: Ship to the Backlog Processing Centers no later than 03/31/2005, again in the order of first-in and first-out basis.
Cases Received after 01/01/2005: Date stamp and ship to National Processing Centers and current Region I and Region VI Offices for processing and adjudication. From January 1, 2005, the state offices are completely phased out. In fact, there are plenty of state offices that have already stopped processing of permanent labor certification cases.
Hello GP111 & all
Do you have any idea based on the above memo, does my application is already moved to one of the BRC centers or in the queue waiting for the next batch (i.e before 31-MAR-05). My PD SWA-CA (08-MAY-02) and RD at DOL SFO is (01-MAY-03).

What do you think about 20k cases which were trasferred to BRC's from SFO DOL? As the AVM message says from May 1, 2003 all the cases moved to BRC.

One more question, do you have any clue or could you please find out for me, what is the oldest reciept date from all over the states which BRC is going to process using FIFO method. (Sorry for asking so many questions) please help.

Also could you please estimate, how long it takes to reach my RD or PD ( right now I am in 8th year on H1B)

Thanks

PD: May 8th, 2002
RD: May 1st, 2003

Hi GP111,

Which one is mine????? EB2 or EB3????????????????

Thanks for your replies!!

GC_dreamer said:
Hi GP and other gurus,

My H1 was approved on Sep 2000, but I came to US on Feb 2001. So my H1 has been renewed until Sep 2006. However, is it true that the H1 is actually valid until Feb 2007 - 6 yrs from the day I entered US.

Any help is much appreciated!!
GCD

Thanks a lot guys for all your replies... Hope GC gets approved before then (RD 09/2003 SF DOL)...

GCD

pk_karim said:
Hi GP111,

Which one is mine????? EB2 or EB3???????????????? :( :( :(

Thanks

EB-3..

nother1inline said:
Are the dates you mention, RDs? If yes, why would a case with RD of 1/1/03 go to the BEC?!

RD 05/03

The article reffered by mnhrdc is for SWA/SESA case transfer schedule ...The dates in that is PD not RD... All SWA/SESA office will transfer the cases to BECs by Mar-05 ( cases with PD before 1/1/03 will go in first batch & remaining will go in next batch)... Again this schedule is for SWA not DOL.

hope this helps

dude123 said:
Hello GP111 & all
Do you have any idea based on the above memo, does my application is already moved to one of the BRC centers or in the queue waiting for the next batch (i.e before 31-MAR-05). My PD SWA-CA (08-MAY-02) and RD at DOL SFO is (01-MAY-03).
What do you think about 20k cases which were trasferred to BRC's from SFO DOL? As the AVM message says from May 1, 2003 all the cases moved to BRC.
One more question, do you have any clue or could you please find out for me, what is the oldest reciept date from all over the states which BRC is going to process using FIFO method. (Sorry for asking so many questions) please help. Also could you please estimate, how long it takes to reach my RD or PD ( right now I am in 8th year on H1B)

Thanks

PD: May 8th, 2002
RD: May 1st, 2003

THAT MEMO IS FOR UNOPENED CASES IN SWA/SESA not DOL.

You case is already passed SWA & In DOL so It must have been moved to DOL with the first batch last month .. You will be getting letter from BEC soon & will be one of the first bunch of approvals.

Thanks GP111.

EB category is not depends on experience??? only depends on Running Ad for RIR and 750A claim for NON-RIR?????

If my case falls in EB3 then How can i convert it to EB2 (mine NON-RIR case)????

gp111 said:

pk_karim said:
Thanks GP111.

EB category is not depends on experience??? only depends on Running Ad for RIR and 750A claim for NON-RIR?????

If my case falls in EB3 then How can i convert it to EB2 (mine NON-RIR case)????

EB Category depends on THE QUALIFICATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS for the Job not the actual Qualifications/Experience employee has. If your Job nature is such that Advanced Degree (or Basic Degree & 5 years of Progressive Experience required) Then you are qualified for EB-2 but of job nature does not require such degree/exp you have to go thru EB-3 evenif you have PHD. You have to specify Job Profile & Qual/Exp required in LC / advertisements & ready to defend such requirements if case of NOFs to get qualified for EB-2..

There is no way to change category from EB-3 to EB-2 if your LC is stating BS+3 years.. All you can do is file a new LC or get a Labor Certification with BS+ Progressive 5 years.

Similar situation

need_your_help said:
Did anyone get apporval recently after replying for labor retest (3 option letter).
We replied more than 2 months back and there is no response yet from DOL,
and for the worst AVM keeps ringing.
sad.gif

Will our cases be forwarded to BEC/NPC?

My company replied 7 weeks back and still waiting for reply..

Thank you GP111.

gp111 said:
EB Category depends on THE QUALIFICATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS for the Job not the actual Qualifications/Experience employee has. If your Job nature is such that Advanced Degree (or Basic Degree & 5 years of Progressive Experience required) Then you are qualified for EB-2 but of job nature does not require such degree/exp you have to go thru EB-3 evenif you have PHD. You have to specify Job Profile & Qual/Exp required in LC / advertisements & ready to defend such requirements if case of NOFs to get qualified for EB-2..

There is no way to change category from EB-3 to EB-2 if your LC is stating BS+3 years.. All you can do is file a new LC or get a Labor Certification with BS+ Progressive 5 years.